• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alittle 6.5 Creed work.

Mxracer532

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
WA State
Got out and got a few more rounds down the pipe of my Daughters 6.5 Creed for deer season. (Bighorn, Proof carbon in a Masterpiece arms Chassis)
She shot steel out to 440 with the 130 load i tossed together. (It shot .4's Friday, loaded more with once fired brass from a buddies Tikka and the groups weren't as good. Maybe from having the Trigger cam installed? Anyway the 140 load started high at the lowest charge and really settled into the dot the last 4 charge weights. I'm thinking 42.1 looks like a great spot.

20221002_204910.jpg
IMG_20221002_195820_01.jpg

Do you have access to a 300yd range? I do all my ladders (just did 3 today) at 300yds. The impacts are going to be more spread out. I usually find 2 velocity nodes (spread across 2.0gr in 0.2gr increments) and then look at the impacts. Sometimes you might have what looks like a node but on paper it isn’t.

Also when you are shooting, draw a range card of the target and record fps and impact for each round. This way you aren’t trying to memorize where each one hit. You would be surprised at how different the target might look against just going by velocity. ( just my 2 cents and if you already know all this, not trying to offend)

By doing this I usually only need 17 rds to find a very accurate load (this doesn’t include seating depth testing). And then sometimes you might find out quickly that you need to switch powder or projectile if you don’t confirm any good nodes (which is what happened to me today on my 280ai)

Do you have access to a 300yd range? I do all my ladders (just did 3 today) at 300yds. The impacts are going to be more spread out. I usually find 2 velocity nodes (spread across 2.0gr in 0.2gr increments) and then look at the impacts. Sometimes you might have what looks like a node but on paper it isn’t.

Also when you are shooting, draw a range card of the target and record fps and impact for each round. This way you aren’t trying to memorize where each one hit. You would be surprised at how different the target might look against just going by velocity. ( just my 2 cents and if you already know all this, not trying to offend)

By doing this I usually only need 17 rds to find a very accurate load (this doesn’t include seating depth testing). And then sometimes you might find out quickly that you need to switch powder or projectile if you don’t confirm any good nodes (which is what happened to me today on my 280ai)
I don't, but this was just a very quick let's see what this looks like test.

Both 130's and 140's both shot .5's or better at the exact same velocity.. I will confirm more later. Just needed something to get my daughter out deer hunting with this weekend.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville