• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All Aboard... A 40 ton whale jumps on sailboat.

Re: All Aboard... A 40 ton whale jumps on sailboat.

I would have expected more damage from 40 tons.
Pretty tough little boat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The war between whales and humans has finally begun. </div></div>

Perhaps you are forgetting a certain angry white whale? Or the Whale ship Essex from Nantucket, stove in by a whale on November 20, 1820? Frankly CW I'm a little taken aback by your atypical lack of knowledge in this matter!
laugh.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Stove-Whale-Owen-Chase-Essex/dp/0819562440

Set the tryworks to fire as there's blubber to render into parmacetti!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The war between whales and humans has finally begun. </div></div>

Perhaps you are forgetting a certain angry white whale? Or the Whale ship Essex from Nantucket, stove in by a whale on November 20, 1820? Frankly CW I'm a little taken aback by your atypical lack of knowledge in this matter!
laugh.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Stove-Whale-Owen-Chase-Essex/dp/0819562440

Set the tryworks to fire as there's blubber to render into parmacetti! </div></div>

That whale was a lone fundamentalist acting on private motivations!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Tim McVeigh of Sperm Whales? </div></div>

I was thinking Che, but they're basically the same thing anyways.

I figure the way this whale was attacking wealthy sailors he must've been a communist.

Thank goodness that guy got pictures. I'd have a hell of a time convincing my insurance company that a whale jumped on my boat and that it wasn't just me sailing and drinking again!!

I've been on a couple whale watches off of Cape Cod. The vessels tend to keep a decent interval between them and the breaching whales.

Well out of harpoon range sadly...

Shockingly, a huge fish (Jerry-"Mammal", George-"Whatever") can cause a great deal of damage and be injured in a collision with a boat!

Wow, that's amazing no one was hurt. All this talk of whales lately has me thinking, they are really ugly huh? The whale in this story looks like a giant space turd. I realize they are intelligent and fellow mammals and all but....

PS - "The Saint" image on the sail is cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that's amazing no one was hurt. All this talk of whales lately has me thinking, they are really ugly huh? The whale in this story looks like a giant space turd. I realize they are intelligent and fellow mammals and all but....

PS - "The Saint" image on the sail is cool. </div></div>

I think they kind of go from disgusting to horrifying to insanely badass.

I don't think I'd want to be in the water with one though.

090304-newborn-baby-blue-whale-missions_big.jpg

Holy crap i hope they got the insurance.

The whale had a golf ball lodged in his blowhole & was attempting to extricate it. Titleist, I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy crap i hope they got the insurance. </div></div>

Might fall under an act of god clause.

If we were fucked with flying sharks, what does this mean?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we were fucked with flying sharks, what does this mean? </div></div>
I think it means we're really fucked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The whale had a golf ball lodged in his blowhole & was attempting to extricate it. Titleist, I believe. </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw </div></div>

Hahahaha

I really dont know what kept that boat from breaking in half. The guy driving the boat had to piss his pants. lol

All I can say is that I would need a new pair of shorts if that happened to me and maybe a difibulator. HOLY SHIT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The whale had a golf ball lodged in his blowhole & was attempting to extricate it. Titleist, I believe. </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw </div></div>

Hahahaha </div></div>

Seinfeld reference recognized. Nice work men.