• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Allegheny Sniper Challenge

Re: Allegheny Sniper Challenge

Im in as well as well as JRose...looking forward to meeting some of you guys

I made it into the new shooter match and am looking forward to shooting with you all.

F**K YOU Jason, im gonna beat you with a dull knife till you bleed. That BA just got further away, think light years outta your hands

I'm in. Looking forward to the meeting and beating.

Matt;
Thanks good to hear from you too. I didnt make the last alum match I got my e-mail in late. I hope this time Rod takes notice and helps an original alum out for the "alum" match
smile.gif
Hope to see you there. Steve
P.S. I have to get in this match cause I sooooooo miss Brock's cooking!!! Its worth the trip by itself.

anyone coming down from ohio that wants to car pool/bunk? shoot me a pm

<span style="font-weight: bold">ANNOUNCEMENT</span>: Emails have been sent to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">ALL</span></span> NEW SHOOTERS who are on the roster. The succesful ALUMNI will be notified via e-mail late this evening. There will be a small waitlist of those who did not get in. Congratulations to those who made it in!

Nicely written!!! "Absolutely diabolical" ...
whistle.gif
wink.gif

The weather's not <span style="font-style: italic">ALWAYS</span> that bad!
crazy.gif
smile.gif

Recommended reading for new shooters!

Nice writeup Ian, well done.
Good primer for 1st timers, lets hope that wind/rain combo is for the books.
Trying to see the ~1150 yard targets between the poles was "interesting", during the Bill Drill simply remaining upright, let alone sending aimed fire downrange, was a struggle.
Can we do it again?!

I'm in for May 8-9. Check sent.

I've been wanting to shoot this one for a while now.

Suess, good luck at the alum match.

Nice writeup,

Thanks for mentioning my "high speed shirt".
Open mouth, insert foot.
As soon as I got back home I ordered a new set of rain gear.

Hope to see you all in the spring!

Ian that was an excellent writeup! How did you get the time to take notes and pics?
Great shot of Brad and the can. Was it luck or good timing?

See ya on the mountain.

Anybody from Jersey heading down for the Alumni match and looking to carpool/caravan?

Jon I didn't really take any notes up on the mountain but just remembered certain tid bits as I went along and jotted them down later in the hotel room. There wasn't a lot of time for pictures and the conditions weren't really that great for it but I just snapped some when I thought it'd make a good picture.

As for the picture of Brad, I think that was me just getting very lucky with the timing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon I didn't really take any notes up on the mountain but just remembered certain tid bits as I went along and jotted them down later in the hotel room. There wasn't a lot of time for pictures and the conditions weren't really that great for it but I just snapped some when I thought it'd make a good picture.

As for the picture of Brad, I think that was me just getting very lucky with the timing. </div></div>

Bring me a lotto Ticket when you come!

Anybody in Southwest Vigrinia want to car pool for the new shooter event? I'll be glad to drive.

check went out today...lookin forward to the shoot and meeting some guys

Entry Fee paid.

Hoping for good weather, as I am sufficiently curmudgeonly when things are going well.
grin.gif

Is there any new shooter spots available? A buddy would like to make it in.

And the snow keeps falling.... 20"-30" by tomorrow night. At this rate we may have to procure some snow cats to get up on the ridge we call narrowback. Bare ground could be seen on the mountain top for only a few days before this new storm hit. Everyone got snowshoes???

Hey Matt-

What color do you paint the steel if the ground is snow-covered!!

Spotting misses is going to be a PITA!!

Maybe we'll get one of those famous east coast avalanches!!

Eric,
New target colors!!! It opens a world of possibilities doesn't it! I think I know a hardware store where there is a bunch of different colors of flourescent survey paint! Spotting would be easy!!! We'll just listen for the "tink". No need for the scope as it wouldn't help anyway! Don't fall off narrowback with 2' of snow on, or you will become an avalanche! We'd have to dig you out at the bottom, LOL.

Sounds like its time for you guys to pt up the ATV's and guns and get out the snowmobiles and ski's. Looking forward to the the alumni match and all that the great mountain can dish out. Snow would make things interesting.

Just an update to clarify for those interested. Both weekends are currently full. If you sent an e-mail and did not get on the roster you are on a waitlist. Its size is growing pretty large, however. If you are on the waitlist and make it into a slot due to cancelation, etc, you will be notified via e-mail. Best of luck!

It snowed like a MF on Saturday of the first ACS, if I remember correctly. That match was in May also.

Be prepared for the mountain.

Jerry

We just got another run of 80 weight and RNR pages that will help collect data while at the match.

Also below what Tom had posted earlier.

Happy Shooting!!
smile.gif

As a reminder Impact Data Books offers a great data collection page that is designed to allow you the shooter to accurately record your shooting data while shooting at ASC. This page will allow you record all environmental data, log your shots and even keep score all on one page. This page is flexible and will even allow you to draw in any new targets or shots you may encounter while shooting this match.

These pages are available in 80 weight and RNR paper they come in 10 page sets that are printed on both sides. You will need at least 3 sets to collect a entire match and that will leave you a few left over.

http://www.impactdatabooks.com/ASC_Match_p/sss-asc.htm

SSS-ASC-2.jpg

Seuss,

Give Nomad alittle sugar and he might give you a couple sets. I need some of them also for ASC if you can hug him for me he might give me a deal on some. I hate I can't make Reade Range this spring but hope to make ASC, I put my off the big day another month to shoot ASC this spring.

Hope to see ya at ASC,

Clark K

What's the thoughts on using the angle indicator on my Ballistic FTE in my iPhone instead of hanging an ACI off the rail? This will be my first time shooting extreme angles at distance.

I used the angle indicator on my iphone Ballistic FTE last year and it seemed to work well. If I missed it was me, not what the Ballistic was outputting. The dope was solid. Run it is my suggestion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the thoughts on using the angle indicator on my Ballistic FTE in my iPhone instead of hanging an ACI off the rail? This will be my first time shooting extreme angles at distance. </div></div>

i am sure that would work, i prefer to have my $130 dollar aci mount on a gun, vs an iphone

my luck it would be terrible weather the case leak and my phone is runied, or i would somehow knock if off the gun and my phone would go rolling down 1000 ft down the mountain

I used a Mildot Master with a piece of string to measure the angles at ASC. Worked fine. Pretty much unbreakable. No batteries. And it will also do the angled shot calculation. Cheap. Also calculates range.

I will have my MD master with me as well, I guess I could pack a string too. Just not wanting to hang another gizmo off my rail

I used an ACI from sniper tools for my deployment to afghanistan. It worked very well. 5 years later it is mounted to my civilian rifle and still works just fine. I do not think it will fail over the course of fire at ASC. Mine has been to hell and back.

Another vote for what Lindy suggested. That's all I have ever used at ASC and it never fails. I just tied a small fishing sinker to the end of the sting.

I'm lazy and cheap. I just tied a loop in the end of the string, and used the pen I carry in the field. The sinker probably works a bit better, being less affected by the wind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just not wanting to hang another gizmo off my rail.</div></div> Those gizmos be expensive, too.
laugh.gif

MDM and ACI seem to yeild equal results for me. The ACI is handy for quick math in head rangeing without coming off the gun(IE, having LRF in reach, without using MDM). I can think of no stage at the match where it would help you significantly to have the ACI over the MDM. Having said that, I still like My Gen 2 ACI setup. When using a spotter you have shot with, I beleive it can speed things up.

I think I was the one taking those pics at the winter ASC when you and I won the match Jon. I hope the weather in Alabama is better this weekend than it was at ASC that year. There haven't been many times I have shoot in snow that deep. You had to hold onto the rifle to keep from sinking down into the snow.

That was too much fun!!!! Hope we can do it again sometime.

Clark K