• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Allegheny Sniper Challenge

Re: Allegheny Sniper Challenge

Good grief. That's a lot of damn snow on top of Narrow Back!

The rain we had in September is looking not so bad after all.

Rich

Just out of curiousity to you guys who have done the train up before. How many rounds extra for the train up would you bring?

Gents,
I just got back in town from a .gov training course in Ft. Worth. I will try to get a real ASC update here soon. For now: There is a load more snow in the mountains than there was last week. DOH could not keep the road open over them mountain until after the storm was over.

Snowfall in area near ASC measured at 180" this year.

On the trainup(in case you haven't checked your e-mail):

First: "The cost of the train up is $100. It would be very much appreciated if those of you that have already indicated an interest in the train up could confirm your intentions by return email. Obviously, anyone else that would like to attend should do the same. The train up and match fee should go to the same address/ payee." from the e-mail.

Now the good stuff: We are fortunate to have Ed Shell(Verns chosen successor to continue Central Va. Tactical), George Gardner of G.A. precision, and Jered Joplin of American Precision Arms coming to provide top quality instruction in the basics of long range shooting. These guys have an impressive history of taking the trophy home at the end of the weekend at ASC. I have seen them in action several times now and can say it will be a worthwhile day spent for those who can make it. As for round count, I can't imagine you wanting to bring more than 50 rounds for this.

I will try and send you some sunshine. Today it only got to 63. The west is cooooold
smile.gif

When George and I talked about this we thought it would be a great idea to get the guys up top somewhere so they could get some rounds down range. You know what they say. If you want to learn to shoot in the wind.........shoot in the wind. I can't speak for Rod, John, Brock or anyone other than myself but I would like to see that happen. I feel there is no experience like experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not narrow back, no way could we get there. Thats looking back across he canyon.</div></div>

Gotcha. Thought there were too many trees up there.

Good meeting you guys at the Fall match. Hope to be there this year again.

This time...I'll go to the train-up before instead of gettin' thrown to the wolves with the Alumni. ;-) Just kidding. I had an unbelievably good time.

Rich

I'm gonna try to make it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there be a chance to fire a couple rounds Friday before the Alumni match? </div></div>

Now THERE is an easy way to make sure everybody is there a day early!!

That would be a big negative. There is a large waitlist for both matches. Keep an eye out for the next match here! Major preperations coming up this next weekend. Dragging steel around, painting and scheming on how to aggravate shooters with new twists and small targets. This will be fun!!!

All my ammo is loaded, turning out prize table gear at a killer rate. I will be unveiling a couple new products on the table.

I can almsot taste the barbaque. Can not wait to see one of most beautiful parts of the world in person.

No snowshoes required.... at present. We set some steel and replaced several targets last weekend. It was beautiful up there. About mid 50's Sunny, and 10-15MPH winds.(you know we just HAD to check out a couple of targets). Plans for this weekend are unsure yet. We are working out schedules. We may not all get out there this weekend, but targets are being made and final shot/stage planning is still going on. I'm going to be wishing I shot this match along with the other coordinators with all the guys on our side of things with a couple items I know are going on the prize table.
smile.gif

180 VLD's are loaded for the train-up: my 7mm won't be ready, so I'll be competing against the magnums with a .308.

Nick,
CRS hits once in a while. +1000 on Stu's gear as well. Looking forward to seeing some of your gear. Nice website BTW!(had to refresh memory).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No snowshoes required.... at present. We set some steel and replaced several targets last weekend. It was beautiful up there. About mid 50's Sunny, and 10-15MPH winds.(you know we just HAD to check out a couple of targets). Plans for this weekend are unsure yet. We are working out schedules. We may not all get out there this weekend, but targets are being made and final shot/stage planning is still going on. I'm going to be wishing I shot this match along with the other coordinators with all the guys on our side of things with a couple items I know are going on the prize table.
smile.gif

</div></div>

Prize table? What......There is a prizetable?

Jon, just keep going back for more tenderloin till you can't eat more, and then tag along with what the rest of the clan(well at least the more normal members) does at the end of the day!
wink.gif
(like you don't know this!!!) Then again, there is the first annual ASC snipe hunt to organize if you wish to participate in that instead.
laugh.gif
The snipes come out next to the group shot backstop in good numbers, especially after dark at about 9pm - 12pm. If you catch one I hear there might be bonus points removed from your score!
grin.gif

Send Jon after the snipes so we can have a chance at the prize table. Jon is going to have to start bring his truck to haul off all the prizes he wins at ASC. Up to now a pickup truck couldn't haul everything he has won off the table.

I was wondering if anyone has a cabin rented that has room for Jon, Brad and I to stay. I haven't got a room yet and was hoping someone had extra room for us. PM me if you can hook a brother up. I will be shooting the Blue Ridge 3 Gun match in Ky this weekend for 3 days but will be back in the real world after sunday.

Can't wait to try the DTA SRS 308 out on the mountain next week. Should be a good time for all.

See you all there.

Clark K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon, just keep going back for more tenderloin till you can't eat more, and then tag along with what the rest of the clan(well at least the more normal members) does at the end of the day!
wink.gif
(like you don't know this!!!) Then again, there is the first annual ASC snipe hunt to organize if you wish to participate in that instead.
laugh.gif
The snipes come out next to the group shot backstop in good numbers, especially after dark at about 9pm - 12pm. If you catch one I hear there might be <span style="color: #FF0000">bonus points removed from your score</span>!
grin.gif
</div></div>

Wait.. You Mean they keep score?

Jon, I give up, bring your rifle, a bunch of them cartridge thingy's it shoots, and it will be fun. Clark, PM inbound to you on a possible rental.

OK, Just a couple more days and I'm gonna start a 7 day fast. Gonna have plenty of room for them huge slices of Beef!!!

Hope Brock is ready!! Us Florida boys can EAT!!!