• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Allterra Arms...??

toader

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Anybody own or have checked out their rifles?? They look pretty damn good...I'm considering buying one.

Thanks!!!

They used to be called axial precision, changed their name a few years back. They specialize in lightweight hunting rifles. I have a couple of their stocks and they're quality.

Reactions: toader
I have one if their stocks and it’s good quality. Never seen one of their complete rifles, but they seem like an option to consider if you want a lighter hunting style rifle. Their CS was phenomenal during my stock purchase though (long story). They got Defiance to send an anTi action to model for the inlet to ensure it was a perfect fit since it was the first anTi they had done.

Attachments

• 5042473D-764A-4542-ADCC-89DACC56CE57.jpeg
    5042473D-764A-4542-ADCC-89DACC56CE57.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 264
  • FC2B7094-6360-4C84-823B-E5589AB90B1D.jpeg
    FC2B7094-6360-4C84-823B-E5589AB90B1D.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 138
I will say they hype the shit out of their "proprietary" tech on the website, but if it was such a difference maker, they'd be more popular. Want a light gun? Build off a hunt26 chassis, Pierce titanium action(lighter/better than LPA) and your barrel of choice. It'll be a few thousand dollars cheaper than Alterra. Find a gunsmith with the most rigid CNC lathe setup possible for a chamber/muzzle with sub 0.0003 runout. It'll shoot tiny till your pencil steel or carbon barrel gets hot. Stay away from big magnums as in a LIGHT config the guns moving before bullet leaves muzzle affecting raw accuracy. If you want to know of a smith who has arguably the best cnc setup I've found for rigid tooling and zero run-out chambers, shoot me a message.

Have an Allterra Carbon and absolutely love it. Ergonomics of the stock make watching trace and impacts a breeze even in a lightweight mountain rifle.

I shot a buddies out to 1000 for him. He had only shot it code with one load. It did pretty good and think a tweak of load would have helped at that distance