• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Alpha brass

Nimothy

I’m trying
Minuteman
  • Nov 14, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    So my 6gt build is seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I spaced this build out over the last 9 months instead of getting impatient, this rifle is everything I’ve wanted but have made sacrifices because of funds in the past, I’m excited! little by little collected parts and components. (I even found a 8lber of varget,lol)

ive bought 370 alpha Cases for it, Hornady has left a bad taste in my mouth a couple times (I know lots love them, I don’t) I’ve always used Lapua in the past and I usually neck turn. I’ll admit I haven’t put all 370 cases on a scale or got out the calipers yet, but kinda wanted to know if anyone has experience they’re willing to share with alpha gt brass. I bought the Hornady dies btw, (I prefer non bushing sizers) I usually prefer Redding but I thought I’d try them out. The short version of all that is..... should I turn them?

I use LAPUA for my .308 and was pleased and still am even though I had to neck turn also, However for my 7SAW build I opted for the 7SAW brass from WTO ( Alpha ) and find it to be better. I have never had to neck turn or uniform primer pockets with Alpha. I simply size with my Whidden Bushing sizer die and use a mandrel as a last step. I see no need to weight sort Alpha brass as my best loads achieve single digit SD&ES.
    I'm an Alpha Fan!