• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Am i SCREWED?? Dealer out of business December11

Dead Down Wind

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
Hey guys, Quick question???

So i had a trust done in July 2011, gave my $200.00 cash for the tax stamp and was issued a Suppressor (.30cal) which i am going to put on my AR .223. The NFA told me i should have it before Valentines day and i am getting excited, however, i just went to the website to the gun dealer i purchased all above from and they have went out of business, closed, retired etc...... now what do i do? I have the make, model and serial number for the suppressor but where would it be?

Suppressor went pending August 22nd!

Also,

Does anyone have a good reccomendation for a gun dealer in the Denver/metor area that will be able too thread my rifle(s) once i do receive my suppressor???

Thank you all!

DDW

Re: Am i SCREWED?? Dealer out of business December11

call the dealer you bought it from...that went out of biz.

No answer and another company is taking over under a different name etc.....

Phone is off and the website is down!!

talk to the other company that's taking over...very few guys will close up w/o making some arrangement

call the BATFE, Mile High for your threading

Mile High has a Class III too, they can match the rifle to the can, or you can contact Machine Gun Tours on Colfax in Lakewood, they do a ton of transfers.

If you have your suppressor serial number you can call the BATF about it,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mile High has a Class III too, they can match the rifle to the can, or you can contact Machine Gun Tours on Colfax in Lakewood, they do a ton of transfers.

If you have your suppressor serial number you can call the BATF about it,

</div></div>

I will call the NFA tomorrow to see what is up and too inform them of the situation???

Thanks guys!

The can is property you paid for.

Since it is a controlled item, if the dealers inventory was legally handled then there should be a paper trail. Your local BATFE inspectors should be able to assist you.

I will call tomorrow!!

Thanks Guys!

Called and Spoke with the examiner today and my stamp is being mailed out this afternnon!!

Now i just need to make sure that i can find the guy with my suppressor!!

the stamp is/should be sent to your SOT unless the BATFE is making an exception

They will not.

I had the same thing happen to me. FBMG in salt lake city went out of business with the owner holding my AAC EVO. I waited over a year while BATFE held my stamp until the owner established another place of business to run his SOT from.

He finally convinced them to use his home address just for the purpose of distributing the last of the class III stuff he had pending.

I had to meet him at a gas station around the corner from his house to get my stamp and my can like we were doing a drug deal.

The ATF would not send the paperwork straight to me.

Ha, I once sold a rifle out of my trunk at 10pm in a deserted Lowe's parking lot. Definitely felt shady. OP, hope you get your can soon.

The dealer supposedly put a mail forwarding address in with the US Postal service etc.......Jason Frushour (NFA)told me the address where it was going, it is the address for the old dealer shop which i would believe will be forwarded to his home address.

I hope and my fingers are crossed XX