• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazingly lucky LEO !!!

Re: Amazingly lucky LEO !!!

Holy crap! He was so shocked by the gun coming out that he almost stood there for a second in disbelief when the guy fired the first shot. Luckily the armchair grand jury didnt get him for firing AFTER the guy stopped shooting and sped away.

Wow. Thank God that driver got what he deserved and the LEO as well.

Holy Shit!! Thats insane!!....LE's earn every dime they make!!

Wow, that was insane. Good to know the majority of people in that city arent a bunch of tards. I know plenty of places where that leo probably would have been released from duty and the department would have been getting sued. Good to know that every once in a while the justice system works.

Unbelievable video. I wonder how many of the LEO's shots hit the suspect? It looked like pretty good shooting considering the circumstances.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy crap! He was so shocked by the gun coming out that he almost stood there for a second in disbelief when the guy fired the first shot.
</div></div>

He seemed shocked as soon as he realized it was a pistol/weapon.

The problem with many people is that the perception of a firearm is generally from a view of the left or right side of the weapon. Looking down the barrel of pistol which is shoved in your face at contact distance in a low light condition is something that should be considered concerning his reaction time.

If the driver had been more sober and had a more dedicated presentation and commitment to the act, this may have been a tragic video for the officer.

Damn that was one hell of a video. Just goes to show you that anything can happen on a traffic stop. As soon as i heard the driver say plenty my mind said something is abt to go down. Glad the Leo is OK, i counted 14 shots. What an eye opener.

That was weird, WTF was that driver thinking - sticking a gun out the window?

Did not look like they knew how to fire it - that office is LUCKY!!!!

I don't think he meant to fire it, but well it is what it is...

Glad the LEO came out on top of that incident. One wonders what the hell that guy was thinking, course it sounded as if he was pretty damned drunk and alcohol definitely clouds sound judgment.

This incident and the fact that fat ugly girls get lovin too proves the perils of drinking to excess....

Just a question: did the officer hit the bad guy and he subsequently wrecked because of it? Or was the guy so drunk that he drove into the telephone poll and had a fatal car accident?

Once the cop recovered, he seemed to be pretty smart going to the bad guy's rear and unloading from there. Pretty safe angle to shoot from. Glad he's alright.

May be callous of me, but he got what he deserved. I have little faith left in our justice system and wouldn’t want to see this guy out in 2-4… if not earlier.
Very glad that officer is safe, hope we don’t hear in the future about charges being brought against him from a sissified society.

Just another reminder to keep your gun hand free from holding stuff, for example a flashlight, for just this reason. I'm not trying to down the officer in anyway, he did a good job and went home after all was said and done. I think, he perceived the guy was striking at him, or possibly had a knife, due to the officer's block/dodge attempt, then the obvious delay in drawing his weapon. Glad the bad guy died! That's the way it should be.

the case of Tennessee Vs. Garner, established that police officers cannot use deadly force to apprehend someone just for committing a felony.

However, when it comes to a violent felony and the suspect is armed (and obviously shows a propensity to use that firearm on an officer), the officer has reasonable belief that the subject poses a direct and immediate threat to other officers and the public. That is what gives him the ability to use deadly force on this particular fleeing felon.

As Washington law puts it:

" In considering whether to use deadly force under subsection (1)(c) of this section, to arrest or apprehend any person for the commission of any crime, the peace officer must have probable cause to believe that the suspect, if not apprehended, poses a threat of serious physical harm to the officer or a threat of serious physical harm to others. Among the circumstances which may be considered by peace officers as a "threat of serious physical harm" are the following:

(a) The suspect threatens a peace officer with a weapon or displays a weapon in a manner that could reasonably be construed as threatening; or

(b) There is probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed any crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm."

The officer did a good job in hitting his mark and staying calm. I agree that he should have kept the flashlight in his reaction hand. He switched over to turn down his radio and never switched it back.

His first reaction on seeing the weapon coming out was a strike with his flashlight and moving, which was great.

I'm glad to see this worked out exactly how it should have.

Wow, what a video, damn lucky LEO. Great job staying calm after being shot at, from the video his shooting looked relaxed and on target. Then after the everything he called it in and didn't freak out. Think I would have lost it chased after that a-hole and put another clip in him. Glad to see no charges came up against the officer.

The flashlight in the gun hand is such a mistake. I am glad they found it a legit shoot, I would be worried here about the extra shots as vehicle is fleeing.

Graham v Connor. The officer is evaluated on split second decision not with 20/20 hindsight. In addition, I think you could consider that guy a danger to the public. He was justified by all measures. Good Shoot.

Clean shoot. He should have reloaded before he holstered his weapon. Not that I could do any better but what if the guy was not fatally wounded and crashed but instead pulled a U turn and tried to run the officer down. . . .the outcome could have been different.

This is an absolutely perfect example of how "Action is faster than Reaction". Notice how the LEO took almost a second to react to the gun. The time it took him to see the weapon, recognize the threat & get past his "disbelief" then react is usually between 1/2 a second to even a full second.

We sit in class & hear about this all the time......but it's a tough lesson to learn in real life...... Glad the officer is ok & he did a great job of shooting.

treat everyone with courtesy and respect but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.....
traffic stop class 2004

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Luckily the armchair grand jury didnt get him for firing AFTER the guy stopped shooting and sped away.

</div></div>

Fleeing felon rule - cops can shoot the perp fleeing from commission of a violent felony (e.g., attempted murder).

As a rookie, our FTO's would crack our nuckles with their lights if they caught us carrying our light in our gun hand....It didn't take but a few times and you learned that lesson real quick....especially when the flashlights were heavier than our batons....

Glad he was able to go home to his family.....

Took about a second for him to shit himself. What the heck was that a 357 mag he shoved in his face?

man that cop is lucky. suspect forget to take the safety off?

good shooting by the officer

Shat! What goes around comes around, didn't take long for that guy. Thank God the LEO is ok.

it looked like he brought the pistol back in the truck after a failure to fire or when the idiot realized i need to chamber a round thats what saved the cops life from what i see just my .02 cents worth