• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes American made scopes???

I would buy a scope from about anywhere rather than use the Burris and USO scopes I have been unfortunate enough to own. :)

Always makes me laugh when people refer to Nightforce as a US company.
Nightforce/Lightforce are the same Australian company.

Doesn’t make any difference to me, but Ray Dennis established Nightforce in the US, after establishing Lightforce in Australia. Nightforce did not exist in Australia prior. You can take that for whatever it’s worth.

I know this may not matter to some, but everything else on my rifles are made in the land of the free, and I'm not going to quit when it comes to the scopes...could we get a list together of anerican made scopes?

Hey-Japanese and Chinese kids gotta eat too!

yea, its odd. ive seen plenty of US marked ATACRs. Not sure what the ryme & reason is for why some are different from others

I guess the question would be if current production of the entire ATACR F1 line is now taking place in Japan or if it is only the 7-35x? If only the 7-35x then the 4-16x and 5-25x would certainly meet the OPs criteria.

Yeah my brother has an atacr 5-25 that is marked made in USA that is about 2 years old but didnt know if they still were. That with a mil-c will probably be what I get. Maybe just get another b25 uso with a mgr reticle this time.

it would be nice to see something besides pillows made in America again . but the cost of that would probably be really high for little to no extra value compared to what is out there now , look at cars they are only assembled in america none of the big 3 auto makers are by any means fully made in america and they still charge 80 k or more for a pick up that's insane , but if you want one you want one . I have np with rifle scopes from china or anywhere else if the price and quality and magrange = what i am willing to pay also a great warranty is nice to have , just in case.

I understand the whole “made in the USA” deal, as I do appreciate supporting our own economy. When it comes to optics, I’m perfectly happy when the tube says, made in Japan. Japanese employees take their jobs more serious than any other population. Not to mention, the Japanese are extremely attentive to detail and perfection in almost all aspects of any industry. I haven’t been behind the doors of a manufacturer here in the US, but I’d bet we’d all wonder how much quality we get from an American assembly line employee who isn’t under pressure to find a new job because they just don’t care.

Leupold may be assembled here, but not made here (anymore).

Leupold glass comes from elsewhere, but the design, machining, finishes, assembly and QA is all done in Oregon. I recently toured their Beaverton factory, there's 800 workers, and row upon row of million dollar Index-Traub CNC lathes and mills. One of the largest machine shops in the Western US. Quite literally felt like I was touring Willy Wonka's machine shop, the place is amaze balls.

I have 3 Redfield scopes, all of which were made in the USA, in Oregon. Redfield is a subsidiary of Leupold. They are excellent value & my personal opinion is that they can't be beat for the money. I've had them dropped from waist high while attached to a rifle, scope first, with no damage & still holding zero at 100 yards. My scope on my 30-06 is the Revolution 4-12x40 with the acurange reticle and it's a great scope. Both my sons have .270's with the 3-9x40 Revolution with the 4-plex reticle and their guns hold zero year in and year out. We take them to the range prior to deer season every year and they are always spot on (last 3 years). They have multiple lines, by the way, so make sure you go with the Revolution line of scope if you insist on USA manufactured. Lifetime warranty to the original owner. The Revenge line & Battlezone are made overseas, but still carry the lifetime warranty.

Leupold glass comes from elsewhere, but the design, machining, finishes, assembly and QA is all done in Oregon. I recently toured their Beaverton factory, there's 800 workers, and row upon row of million dollar Index-Traub CNC lathes and mills. One of the largest machine shops in the Western US. Quite literally felt like I was touring Willy Wonka's machine shop, the place is amaze balls.
[/
Not all leupolds are made in the USA. Some are made in China & japan. Leupold doesn’t make binoculars here anymore they are made in Japan & some in China. My leupold mk5hd says *designed*machined*assembled in USA, it doesn’t qualify for the “MADE IN USA” stamp because they got into trouble years ago for putting MADE IN USA when they were not. My guess is that the vx5/6hd & MK4-5-6-8 are made mostly here with some foreign components & the cheaper leupolds are made somewhere else then disassembled & reassembled so they can say assembled in the USA & not made in China or Philippines. That’s what I think, a guess not fact but it makes sense otherwise a $400 leupold would be a lot better than the $400 Nikon but it’s not

Not all leupolds are made in the USA. Some are made in China & japan. Leupold doesn’t make binoculars here anymore they are made in Japan & some in China. My leupold mk5hd says *designed*machined*assembled in USA, it doesn’t qualify for the “MADE IN USA” stamp because they got into trouble years ago for putting MADE IN USA when they were not. My guess is that the vx5/6hd & MK4-5-6-8 are made mostly here with some foreign components & the cheaper leupolds are made somewhere else then disassembled & reassembled so they can say assembled in the USA & not made in China or Philippines. That’s what I think, a guess not fact but it makes sense otherwise a $400 leupold would be a lot better than the $400 Nikon but it’s not

They haven't made it any great secret they source glass overseas.

They wouldn't disassemble and reassemble anything. Doesn't make a damn bit of sense from a manufacturing cost standpoint.

They do manufacture a majority of parts in Oregon. They do assemble the riflescopes there.

They import binoculars, and rangefinders. They do make a few, but you can tell which is which by the price point easily.

It makes sense if the cost is cheaper from China to reassemble here vs making everything here which costs more $$ in manufacturing, design, & labor

I know this may not matter to some, but everything else on my rifles are made in the land of the free, and I'm not going to quit when it comes to the scopes...could we get a list together of anerican made scopes?
i guess that kills the ownership of an Accuracy International, TriggerTech triggers, and Schmidt and Bender for you from the get go. I don't go to these extremes, as long as the parts come from allied countries such as the U.K., Australia, Canada, Germany, Israel, or Japan I don't have a problem. I have issues with companies that share weapons technology with communist China, Russia, or any number of other terrorist sponsor nations, and those who violate our intellectual property rights, or have openly betrayed us in recent history.

Reactions: Muffo and LAW-DOG
Hey-Japanese and Chinese kids gotta eat too!
To be called “Made in USA” the product must be all or virtually all manufactured here. All the significant parts must be made here like if you make a barbecue but the knobs are made in Mexico it still qualifies to have the “Made in USA” label. My leupold mk5hd says “Assembled in USA” because it didn’t meet the “Made in USA” requirements. The trijicon tars & the vortex amg were made with glass from the USA & almost all of its parts. My eye Dr said Schott an optical glass company has a plant here where they make very good glass that could be used in a rifle scope, binoculars, telescope, or a microscope, so I would guess that is where they got the glass from because Schott makes glass for minox, Swarovski, zeiss, & many others. I think the nightforce atacr & some USO scopes might say “Made in USA”, I’ll have to check my uncles uso er25 or call USO

Badass Americans don't needs no lousy scopes or sights, we just point and say "Boom" our skills do the rest! :ROFLMAO:

My uncles machine shop makes pop up bed lights the ones with USA made led lights we got to label the product “Made in USA” but the cheaper Chinese led lights model did not qualify even though the housing was cnc billet aluminum made here, so we advertise this model was made here but assembled with Chinese led lights

Last edited: