• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Black Friday and Cyber Week Sale

Its broken in significantly in the first few dry cycles, I can tell I’m really gonna like it.

131AEB81-648B-4E49-8AE4-B59A82FAB1F7.jpeg

Shoot them an email, they will get back to you with an ETA, or give them a call. My Nuke was ordered on the 1st and shipped the 23rd. Probably just depends on what action you ordered, they all have different shipping time frames but I have always had great customer service with ARC.

I've waited for firearm related items, gunsmithing work and custom rifles in the past. I've waited over a year for some, but I never paid infull for anything I had to wait for.
This is the first time I've been asked to do so. We'll see how this turns out.

I've waited for firearm related items, gunsmithing work and custom rifles in the past. I've waited over a year for some, but I never paid in full for anything I had to wait for.
This is the first time I've been asked to do so. We'll see how this turns out.
I traded emails with the folks at ARC and they took a deposit for the Archimedes. When the rifle is ready to ship I'll get an invoice for the remaining balance. With the 6-8 week lead times my goal was to get a spot in the que.

I ordered a nucleus and archimedes on 11/27 and haven’t seen them yet, be patient, you action(s) will come, I’m sure there is a huge backlog

Reactions: Halen
It may seem that I'm worried about the wait or that I'm inpatient. I do clearly see how that could be perceived by my post.
I can wait, I was expecting to have a wait of as much as six months. But I was also expecting to only have a deposit tied up during the wait.
But when I was told it would be a 2 to 3 weeks I was more than happy to pay infull.
I'm not butt broke nor am I a wealthy man. I've spent $4200 on this project without the scope and there's nothing to show for 3/4 of that expenditure.
I have no issue waiting, honestly I don't. I just wish I didn't have to wait for an item that was paid in full. I would have felt much better with a deposit.

I'm not canceling my order, I'm going to wait just like the rest of the folks and I'm sure I'll be happy with my new rig.

But I won't promise that I won't go on a rant, if I don't hear something in the next week.
LOL!!

Reactions: Kryan
I knew going into the sale that it would take 6-8 weeks for my Archimedes action to be shipped. Some of you guy's expect miracles when small companies have huge sales.

Reactions: camocorvette
I knew going into the sale that it would take 6-8 weeks for my Archimedes action to be shipped. Some of you guy's expect miracles when small companies have huge sales.
My item was instock when I ordered it, I also spoke with ARC a week after I placed the order. Was told 1-2 weeks.
Like I said, before I decided to order, I was expecting a long wait, until ARC told me otherwise.
Secondly I'm not complaining about the wait, as much as I would have preferred to only give a deposit, rather than paid it infull, if I had to wait.

Two different things, but important when both are in play.

Waiting not a problem.
Paying infull not a problem.
Paying infull and waiting, I would have preferred to only tie up a deposit during the wait.

Last edited:
Just the clarify, when ARC said that they should have my rifle biult in 1-2 weeks. They were counting from the day of the call, which was a week after I placed the order. So that would have meant 2-3 from the date the order was placed.
Which was great news!! Was I holding my breath? NO!
If they ship within 2 weeks from that date, putting it in the 5-6 week window, I'll be happy. I would love to hear something by or before January 10th. (6 weeks)

Last edited:
It may seem that I'm worried about the wait or that I'm inpatient. I do clearly see how that could be perceived by my post.
I can wait, I was expecting to have a wait of as much as six months. But I was also expecting to only have a deposit tied up during the wait.
But when I was told it would be a 2 to 3 weeks I was more than happy to pay infull.
I'm not butt broke nor am I a wealthy man. I've spent $4200 on this project without the scope and there's nothing to show for 3/4 of that expenditure.
I have no issue waiting, honestly I don't. I just wish I didn't have to wait for an item that was paid in full. I would have felt much better with a deposit.

I'm not canceling my order, I'm going to wait just like the rest of the folks and I'm sure I'll be happy with my new rig.

But I won't promise that I won't go on a rant, if I don't hear something in the next week.
LOL!!
stop whining.jpg

For anyone that's interested, I emailed them today to make sure they got my FFL's info, and when they replied they volunteered that they were just waiting on some parts which "should be back in the next week or so", and said I should be getting a shipment tracking number around that time. That will be right in line with their stated lead-time when I ordered. I ordered an Archimedes short action on November 29.

For anyone that's interested, I emailed them today to make sure they got my FFL's info, and when they replied they volunteered that they were just waiting on some parts which "should be back in the next week or so", and said I should be getting a shipment tracking number around that time. That will be right in line with their stated lead-time when I ordered. I ordered an Archimedes short action on November 29.
That’s likely why my 11/27 order hasn’t shipped, I have a nucleus SA and archimedes SA on the order, folks with nucleus have been getting theirs but I’m guessing they are waiting on the archimedes to ship my order as well. I haven’t bothered to ask since I’m not that worried about it

Reactions: fxdrider
Spoke with ARC today as well, was told 2 to 3 more weeks. If they can meet this ETA that would be an 8-9 week (mid to late January) wait from the day of the order.
I guess It all depends on what you have on order. Actions seem to be shipping well, complete rifles and chassis on the otherhand appear delayed.

I make this assumption based on my conversation on December 9 with ARC of what was holding up my order. (Order was placed on November 29th) Today I was told basacally the samething. They were still waiting on parts to be finished. (Coated).

Last edited:
Reactions: fxdrider and Halen
Nuke 2.0 - December 10th (~2 weeks)
Shortest time I have ever had to wait for an action direct from the manufacturer.

Reactions: Hkmiller
My brother said they were waiting on some parts to get back from anodizing for his chassis.

I don't want to bug them and take up time that could be used otherwise, but they need to post more than what they did. I assume those time frames are for new orders.

What they need is:
An email when all your paperwork is done (FFL) and awaiting gear to ship.
A table of order time or order number and expected shipping. Break it down by action if needed. (If you ordered on this day, it should ship this noted week).

That way they don't have to:
Deal with all the emails and calls
Wait for people or hold up orders on FFLs.

At least that is what I've seen other companies do when they have situations like this.

As far as I can tell, all I've gotten from ARC is a receipt. It's been a month. At least put in the online account section that the FFL is in.

I ordered some finger touch Augmented Reality kits for DCS/flight software last January. I got a cryptic PayPal request this November. I'm patient and understanding- and can wait. Good companies make great stuff. Great companies do that and communicate.

Reactions: Leadrain22
I have no problem waiting whatever lead times are when I buy something butttt...

Honestly, I remember seeing somewhere the action was "in stock" when I ordered. That sorta builds an expectation and implies that all they need to do is pack and ship it. Which even enticed me to pay for expedited shipping thinking I could possibly have it in a week. I would NOT have paid to save a few days expedited shipping if I knew it was a 8 week lead time. And I wouldnt have been checking my email every day hoping to see a ship notification.

When I ordered my Nucleus last year it shipped 3 days after I ordered it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leadrain22
Not anticipating any lead time issue isn't the same thing as guaranteeing no lead time issue.

Would we rather ARC have sold their on-hand inventory and said "LOLNOPE too late, sold out" and shut it down, or continued selling at a yuge and generous discount leading some customers to wait a while?

While you all wait " patiently" maybe you should order a scope, rings, trigger and muzzle brake.
Done, done, done, done.

We, or at least I am, not asking for the stuff to come quicker, just communicate when stuff should be ready. Order date/number ranges due this week is the most straightforward, and would reduce their work load. A confirmation email that the FFL is in place would expedite things on both ends. These aren't moonshot technologies.

Not anticipating any lead time issue isn't the same thing as guaranteeing no lead time issue.

Would we rather ARC have sold their on-hand inventory and said "LOLNOPE too late, sold out" and shut it down, or continued selling at a yuge and generous discount leading some customers to wait a while?
Its called communication.

Ordering an "in stock item" and waiting patiently for 4 weeks just to find out from a forum that it has a 6-8 week lead time does things to people.

While you all wait " patiently" maybe you should order a scope, rings, trigger and muzzle brake.
I actually have already ordered and received 2 ARC magazines, an ARC M-Brace for the new NF ATACR (5x25). I ordered and received 8lbs of Hodgon 4350, 8lbs of Staball 6.5, 500 bullets (Bergers and Hornady) a couple of thousand extra primers, couple of hundred 6mm Creedmoor Lapua brass, a 419 rail mount, some SAC neck bushings, a Redding comp die set, a lock and load case, and want to wait and see if I like the trigger on the rifle. If I don't I'll switch it out. Also received the K&M neck turning tools I needed. I also have already loaded my ladder test, I seated them long so I can changed it when I'm ready.

I know I'm missing something. Oh I'm missing the rifle I ordered from ARC. Once that arrives I can hit the range and start enjoying it.

LOL!!!

I think we all should of known that this sale was huge. Yes he had in stock inventory but I think the sale blew up. When I ordered I was expecting 6 week or more just knowing how crazy busy they would be with everyone ordering one. This is when I sit back and think why do these company's give big sales and then honor the price when there out of stock people just complain and tear the company down. Know who you are ordering from things aren't going to change because someone wants better communication. I don't know Ted personally but from the hide and videos he's a no nonsense guy it is what it is pretty much. MDT gets blasted every year PVA does as well but people love the savings.

Reactions: Hkmiller
I dont see why knowing this, companies cant communicate better. How long does it take to send out a mass email to people that placed orders?

After the first week they should know whos getting inventory and who has to wait.

I ordered a full price Nucleus earlier in 2021. I am really enjoying it and wished I had started using them years ago. Phone and email contacts were very professional and I think they are a great company. Those sale prices were so good that I am sure the demand simply exceeded the supply. I'd have zero issues waiting a bit for one at those prices. Figured I'd pay full price in 2022 if I needed to build another. And leadtimes in May and June will probably be quite short.

I'd suggest publishing the amount of inventory on hand and adding the disclaimer "sale ends when inventory is gone." Then of course folks will line up complaining that they didn't get one lol.

Hard to win with people. I quit trying actually and now tell clients how it will be. They don't like it they can buy somewhere else. Life is much better.

Last edited:
Call them they answer phones and great to talk with. They will tell how long on your order. When I bought mine last year full price I had it shipped in a few days but they just didn't have a huge sale. I understand the communication but it's easy to call or email to find those things out. But they are worth the wait and saved $$$$$. I think the sale caught them off guard and they didn't realize maybe how many people would order. But everyone wins they move product we get a great deal

Is now a good time to tell everybody that I ordered two Nukes on Thursday when the BF sale began and got them within two weeks?

If you think you're waiting long now, you should've got in on the original group buy for them. I think that was like 8 or 9 months.

As part of the sale, I ordered a Nuke and received it on the 30th. I will eventually buy an Arch at some point, but I wanted a second Nuke as I love my first. I have an early Gen 2 (I had an order in for the orig version when they announced the Gen 2 and was offered a quick delivery of a Gen 1.5 or I could wait for the Gen 2 and I waited on the Gen 2). Anyhow, when I opened up the box for this newest one, I immediately saw that the recoil lug looked slightly different. Unless I am blind and it is connected in a way I can't figure out, ARC has switched over to an integrated roil lug on on the Gen 2 (Bonus!) The Arch and Mausingfield are integrated and it looks just like those. With a grove cut in the receiver to make it look like the lug is separate, but it's not.

My original has the separate recoil lug which includes the tab that provides mounting alignment (it slots into the optics rail). This new one does not include the tab on the top of the lug (optics rail which is a separate part still has the slot for the tab). The page on the ARC site doesn't mention it being integrated. The parts diagram still shows it as separate/non-integrated. I think the assumption always was that this was their budget receiver and could be machined from smaller diameter stock? Maybe as ARC continues to consolidate design/manufacturing and some features on their receivers start to have more in common, they decided to just make them all integrated lug designs? Maybe they upgraded and announced it and I am the last to figure it out? But I didn't see any mention anywhere and a search online shows no mention.

Anyone who has received a new Nuke, please let me know if I got this wrong.

As part of the sale, I ordered a Nuke and received it on the 30th. I will eventually buy an Arch at some point, but I wanted a second Nuke as I love my first. I have an early Gen 2 (I had an order in for the orig version when they announced the Gen 2 and was offered a quick delivery of a Gen 1.5 or I could wait for the Gen 2 and I waited on the Gen 2). Anyhow, when I opened up the box for this newest one, I immediately saw that the recoil lug looked slightly different. Unless I am blind and it is connected in a way I can't figure out, ARC has switched over to an integrated roil lug on on the Gen 2 (Bonus!) The Arch and Mausingfield are integrated and it looks just like those. With a grove cut in the receiver to make it look like the lug is separate, but it's not.

My original has the separate recoil lug which includes the tab that provides mounting alignment (it slots into the optics rail). This new one does not include the tab on the top of the lug (optics rail which is a separate part still has the slot for the tab). The page on the ARC site doesn't mention it being integrated. The parts diagram still shows it as separate/non-integrated. I think the assumption always was that this was their budget receiver and could be machined from smaller diameter stock? Maybe as ARC continues to consolidate design/manufacturing and some features on their receivers start to have more in common, they decided to just make them all integrated lug designs? Maybe they upgraded and announced it and I am the last to figure it out? But I didn't see any mention anywhere and a search online shows no mention.

Anyone who has received a new Nuke, please let me know if I got this wrong.
That'd very interesting can you post some pics. I have a gen2 from 1 year ago and it's the tab recoil but we ordered a new one during sale for my dad but haven't got it yet.

Here are a few quick photos. Note no tab on top of the lug.

View attachment 7775532View attachment 7775535

Mine are the same. I got two from the blackfriday sale. .223 bolt face and .308 bolt face.

Mine are perfect though, with no scuffs on the rail like yours.

However, the LUGS are definitely integral as yours. Scope base still has slot, but no tab on recoil lug and it's integrated for certain. COOL

That's very interesting have you called? It kind of seems beat up missing coating on rail ect.
I haven't called as I don't have anything to complain about. :) I view this as a unexpected upgrade. I think prior, one of the things to knock about the Nucleus was that it didn't have an integrated lug. I think the tab was only there to help align the lug when it was a separate part. But with the rail integrated, the tab has no use. The rail is tightly aligned via groves on the top of the receiver, so it wouldn't need the tab to help hold the rail. I took the rail off to really look at it and even with the five bolts removed, the rail was tight on the receiver. Tight enough I wondered if I was missing a bolt somewhere.

Regarding the coating/finish. In the photos it looks a bit rough due to the dust from that packing material and reflection of the brown packing material onto the receiver from the packing material. It came wrapped in a wax paper, but with me handling it, etc. it collected some dust. I also lightly oiled it (which is why its collecting dust) before putting it away, so what looks like something missing on the rail is lack of oil.

I haven't called as I don't have anything to complain about. :) I view this as a unexpected upgrade. I think prior, one of the things to knock about the Nucleus was that it didn't have an integrated lug. I think the tab was only there to help align the lug when it was a separate part. But with the rail integrated, the tab has no use. The rail is tightly aligned via groves on the top of the receiver, so it wouldn't need the tab to help hold the rail. I took the rail off to really look at it and even with the five bolts removed, the rail was tight on the receiver. Tight enough I wondered if I was missing a bolt somewhere.

Regarding the coating/finish. In the photos it looks a bit rough due to the dust from that packing material and reflection of the brown packing material onto the receiver from the packing material. It came wrapped in a wax paper, but with me handling it, etc. it collected some dust. I also lightly oiled it (which is why its collecting dust) before putting it away, so what looks like something missing on the rail is lack of oil.
I didn't mean to call to complain but just to find out if they did make the change. But when we get our new one I will update to see what one we get

I didn't mean to call to complain but just to find out if they did make the change. But when we get our new one I will update to see what one we get
Sorry. I misunderstood the point you were making. Regardless, it's a nice surprise. ARC seems to make incremental improvements. It's also a change that might help with the pre-fit barrel market as well? While I think the tenon spec was always the same for all three receivers, this change really makes all three ARC receivers identical (probably?) from a barrel interface perspective (i.e. Nucleus while dimensionally the same, had a separate lug).

Sorry. I misunderstood the point you were making. Regardless, it's a nice surprise. ARC seems to make incremental improvements. It's also a change that might help with the pre-fit barrel market as well? While I think the tenon spec was always the same for all three receivers, this change really makes all three ARC receivers identical (probably?) from a barrel interface perspective (i.e. Nucleus while dimensionally the same, had a separate lug).
Yes I agree 100% that will be super nice.

It seems like PVA is already doing that with their prefits, ordered a couple to go with actions bought on this sale and I asked them if I needed to specify which action and they told me no longer necessary