• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Black Friday and Cyber Week Sale

It seems like PVA is already doing that with their prefits, ordered a couple to go with actions bought on this sale and I asked them if I needed to specify which action and they told me no longer necessary
It never was necessary

For the longest time the actions have had the same threads and change barrels between the actions.

The shouldered barrels had the same dimensions for all the ARC actions?

On a Savage prefit with out a shoulder, do you even need a BARLOC or can you just headspace it with the barrel nut? BARLOC or not, what is used to keep the barrel nut in place, or is the tension with the action or BARLOC enough?

On a Savage prefit with out a shoulder, do you even need a BARLOC or can you just headspace it with the barrel nut? BARLOC or not, what is used to keep the barrel nut in place, or is the tension with the action or BARLOC enough?
Nope. With a barrel nut barrel there really is no point to the Barloc, only negative things. I pulled my Barloc off and never used it again. It was the answer to a problem that doesn’t exist. At least for me.

The barrel nut pushes against the action and tries to pull the barrel out of the action which it can’t. The tension on the threads holds everything in place provided you have enough torque on the nut.

Shouldered barrels all have the same dimensions for all the ARC actions.
Lots of info here:

Drawings, torque specs, etc. Including Barloc installation instructions that will answer a lot of your questions.

On a savage prefit without a shoulder, you can install with just a barrel nut. You don't need a barloc unless you want to use the barloc. The barrel nut torque keeps it in place. With barloc, it's the torque applied to the locking ring (that in turn applies the tension between the action, barloc nut and barrel threads.)

Plain old barrel nuts are fine and simpler than barloc, but you need to be able to apply the appropriate torque to the barrel nut, so you will need a good barrel vise or action wrench and bench vise to hold everything. With Barloc, you don't really need a vise or anything else (though it does make things a little easier to hold things) as the torque you put on the cross bolt on the lock ring is what generates the tension in the system. Barloc, however, is known to shift POI if you bang the rifle barrel hard enough.

All in all, I like barloc and will continue to use mine on the savage prefit barrels, however, next barrels will be shouldered prefits more than likely unless I run into a deal on something.

I have had a barloc nut on my Gen 1 Nuc since I built it. It gets bounced around setting in my gun rack on my atv all of the time, and I've never had a POI change happen.
Whomever says they have had a POI change using the barloc must not have installed it correctly.

Reactions: Hkmiller
I have had a barloc nut on my Gen 1 Nuc since I built it. It gets bounced around setting in my gun rack on my atv all of the time, and I've never had a POI change happen.
Whomever says they have had a POI change using the barloc must not have installed it correctly.
Have you shot it much? I didn't check the torque on my Barloc and barrel for 2900 rounds of practice and match shooting (I know my bad...) and it loosened up over over two years of shooting. Then in a match, I hit the barrel lightly on a barricade and the next shot was in the dirt in front of the target... After that bad stage, I checked and the Barloc allen bolt was almost completely loose.

Have you shot it much? I didn't check the torque on my Barloc and barrel for 2900 rounds of practice and match shooting (I know my bad...) and it loosened up over over two years of shooting. Then in a match, I hit the barrel lightly on a barricade and the next shot was in the dirt in front of the target... After that bad stage, I checked and the Barloc allen bolt was almost completely loose.
SHouldered barrel?

Regarding the newly integrated Nucleus recoil lug, that’s a super neat change. In addition to being able to use the same material stock for all 3 actions (simplifying supply chain and inventory), it also means that, as best I can tell, there are like 2 machining ops different between the Archimedes and Nucleus actions, to give the Archimedes the lever engagement surface. In theory it would be possible to have a stash of 90% actions and complete bolt bodies of either flavor, and finish bolt+head assembly and action machining as inventory demands, instead of sitting on a ton of Nuclei if everyone in PRS decides to order Archimedeses.

Yes, I shoot it almost weekly. Mine is a barrel nut pre-fit, and has always remained tight from day one.
Why would you even need a Barloc on a shouldered barrel?

Mine is a nut style and I had POI changes that would come and go out of nowhere. After about a season of that weirdness I ended up removing it and my issues were gone. I’ll stick with the nut or shouldered barrels. Yours works and that’s great. Mine works now that it’s removed. We’re both happy and confident in the system we use.

8e8gekrtgly71.jpg

Huh this is all pretty confusing. I contacted ARC on Thursday about timeframe for a Archimedes to ship if i ordered today, was told 4-6 weeks. Now you guys are talking 3-4 months? Dang......I'm tempted to just buy a Falkor 7even now.

Huh this is all pretty confusing. I contacted ARC on Thursday about timeframe for a Archimedes to ship if i ordered today, was told 4-6 weeks. Now you guys are talking 3-4 months? Dang......I'm tempted to just buy a Falkor 7even now.
He bought a complete rifle.

At least they communicated the longer wait time to you.😀
On four separate occasions. LOL
Oh shit, yeah I'm way off base, I'm ordering Monday, so hopefully it'll be no more than the quoted lead time. Thanks for clarifying!
Don't cancel!!

My first 2 delays were due to the stocks waiting on coating. This last delay is because they didn't account for the number of barrels (6mm Creedmoor) they needed. Wonder if anyone who ordered after November 29 has gotten a 6CREED barrel.
Doesn't seem to be as long a delay on the Arch or Nuk actions.

Reactions: 4O6shootist

Attachments

• 20211225_131604.jpg
    20211225_131604.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 58
  • 20211211_205103.jpg
    20211211_205103.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20211209_133001.jpg
    20211209_133001.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211208_131356.jpg
    20211208_131356.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 68
I received the below email from ARC late last week regarding a delay due to supply issues. It's all good as I recently broke my wrist and in a cast for a good bit of time. This just allows me to save some more moola to buy a scope.

This is an update regarding your order. We have recently run out of our Criterion 6.5 Creedmoor barrels, and Criterion will not be able to deliver our next order until the end of March. In the meantime, we will be receiving some 6.5 Creedmoor barrels from another supplier with slightly different specs. These barrels will be arriving around the middle of February. They are 24", 1:8 twist, and have a standard Marksman contour. So, they are 1" shorter, with a faster twist, and are slightly heavier than our Criterion barrels. Please let us know if you would like to receive one of the barrels that are arriving in February or if you prefer to wait for a Criterion barrel. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I received the below email from ARC late last week regarding a delay due to supply issues. It's all good as I recently broke my wrist and in a cast for a good bit of time. This just allows me to save some more moola to buy a scope.
I wonder who's the manufacturer of these optional barrels and whether they are cut or button?

Would be nice to know.

On the ARC website, it states the 6.5 criterion barrel is 1:7.5 twist, so that is faster than the 1:8 they sent in your email. At least when I ordered my barrel/action combo is stated 1:7.5. I should have my order soon.

Teds a brilliant individual. Have called and talked to him on the phone trouble shooting a few things, mainly large recoil rifles in light configs giving component movement. The numbers he can spit out and run in his head is truly boggling. I was like you lost me on word 5 bud!

That's looking to be a nice build.
Thanks!
I'm really excited about the biuld.
There's only couple of things I may consider changing on the rifle. Maybe the trigger and swapping out the brake. But I really won't know until I get some time behind the trigger.
I'm already looking on placing an order for a 25 cal Brux barrel to chamber into a 25 Creedmoor. I wanted to have the rifle in hand to decide if I like the contour it came with, or order a different one for the 25 Creed.

Podcast with Ted.
I'm listening to Modern Day Sniper Podcast | MDS Episode #0063: Ted Karagias // American Rifle Company on Podbean, check it out!

Enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to see what he's got instore for us in the near future. He certainly seems excited about the projects he currently working on.

Thanks!
I'm really excited about the biuld.
There's only couple of things I may consider changing on the rifle. Maybe the trigger and swapping out the brake. But I really won't know until I get some time behind the trigger.
I'm already looking on placing an order for a 25 cal Brux barrel to chamber into a 25 Creedmoor. I wanted to have the rifle in hand to decide if I like the contour it came with, or order a different one for the 25 Creed.
My Nucleus/Xylo build has a Brux heavy varmint contour in 6.5 creedmoor. I went with the Trigger tech Special trigger. Love it. It is a shooter. Also have the EC tuner brake.

My Nucleus/Xylo build has a Brux heavy varmint contour in 6.5 creedmoor. I went with the Trigger tech Special trigger. Love it. It is a shooter. Also have the EC tuner brake.
How you liking that tuner?
Has it been beneficial when you find yourself outside the condition (temp, humidity, elevation) you developed your load in?
I'm thinking of installing one, but might end up with one that I can slap a surpressor on. Can't do that with an EC as far as I'm aware.

How you liking that tuner?
Has it been beneficial when you find yourself outside the condition (temp, humidity, elevation) you developed your load in?
I'm thinking of installing one, but might end up with one that I can slap a surpressor on. Can't do that with an EC as far as I'm aware.
I like the tuner. I have it on two rifles -AR10 and my Nucleus. It does tighten the groups. It also works well with factory ammo. Erik Cortina I believe is working on a version that will work with a suppressor. If you have interest, send him an email.

Reactions: Leadrain22
Requested an order status because I havent heard anything since sending in my FFL info.

Got a strange response. I only ordered an Arch action and they wrote back "We should have the rifle ready to ship to you on Friday. The rest of the barrels will be going to cerakote at that point as well."

Im curious to see what shows up to my FFL.

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
How long does it usually take to get an email reply from them? I ordered an archimedes on Nov 30th but it was about 2 weeks later when I emailed the ffl info and didn’t receive a confirmation response or anything. I emailed and asked on Friday Jan 14th early in the am if they had received my ffl info and maybe a status update on when it might ship but have not received a reply yet.

How long does it usually take to get an email reply from them? I ordered an archimedes on Nov 30th but it was about 2 weeks later when I emailed the ffl info and didn’t receive a confirmation response or anything. I emailed and asked on Friday Jan 14th early in the am if they had received my ffl info and maybe a status update on when it might ship but have not received a reply yet.
206-226-4387

Bella is a lovely lady to speak with

I've emailed them once - a couple weeks ago. I got a reply the same day. But who knows, it may vary depending on how busy they are.

3 weeks ago there was snow that the Seattle area was unprepared for. It shut many things down for around a week. I'm not sure if ARC was able to do anything during that week. FedEx & UPS are still working through backlogged packages locally so that may be impacting ARC's timelines as well.

Thanks guys. Just called and they did receive my ffl info. Also stated it would more than likely be another 2-3 weeks before mine ships out. Puts it a bit outside of the current 4-6 week lead time, which I can’t remember but I want to say the lead time might have showed 2-3 weeks when I ordered but maybe not. Not necessarily complaining as there’s not much I can do about it except wait, but an update would have been nice for sure.