• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company New Archimedes Action, New Xylo Chassis, and major Mausingfield revision

You guys don't miss a thing. That's just an idea I was kicking around. I like the current bag rider but maybe I'll make one as shown in the picture and try it. Do you think people will like it more than the current design?

Steel bag riders will be out soon. I don't think too many people have placed an order for those so we'll just make a batch that will last for a while.

Oh, and blue Loctite is almost always a good idea, but not on our scope rings. I actually grease those screws.

Ted

Yep i like the pic rail allows monopod and other options, looks like its a combo pic + arca. definitely would like it.

Anyone have experience with a mausingfield M5 in 223? I have a spare m5 lying around and noticed that ARC is selling the 223 bolt face for it but with a caveat saying it won't necessarily feed well, per their website. Looking for some feedback before committing to this. Mahalo!

Anyone have experience with a mausingfield M5 in 223? I have a spare m5 lying around and noticed that ARC is selling the 223 bolt face for it but with a caveat saying it won't necessarily feed well, per their website. Looking for some feedback before committing to this. Mahalo!

I assume this is a short action? You’ll want something like the MDT 223 AICS mags, and you should plan on adjusting feed lips.

Long action there’s no hope of it ever feeding right.

I have a M5 with a 223 barrel on it that I have never had a problem with. I use the Accurate mags and it feeds little short prairie dog bullets up to the 75gr amax, which I'm quickly running out of. I would imagine it would feed anything else just as well. I think the note on the website may be outdated. I remember when I bought my first M5 about 2013/4 time frame asking Ted about a 223 bolt head and he wasn't confident in how well they would work , so he wasn't planning on making one then. But the one I have, I've been running for a couple of years and I literally can't remember a single feed or extraction issue. Hit me up if you have any more questions or want to see pics or something.

I have a M5 with a 223 barrel on it that I have never had a problem with. I use the Accurate mags and it feeds little short prairie dog bullets up to the 75gr amax, which I'm quickly running out of. I would imagine it would feed anything else just as well. I think the note on the website may be outdated. I remember when I bought my first M5 about 2013/4 time frame asking Ted about a 223 bolt head and he wasn't confident in how well they would work , so he wasn't planning on making one then. But the one I have, I've been running for a couple of years and I literally can't remember a single feed or extraction issue. Hit me up if you have any more questions or want to see pics or something.

I think I remember him saying it would probably be fine but would most likely be a push feed due to the geometry of the bolt head vs 223 case head. Can you confirm if yours is capturing the round or is it acting as a push feed?

I think I remember him saying it would probably be fine but would most likely be a push feed due to the geometry of the bolt head vs 223 case head. Can you confirm if yours is capturing the round or is it acting as a push feed?

I'll have to check tomorrow. I am not really sure. It's smooth and feeds well, but whether it's capturing the round prior to turning over the bolt, I'm not sure.

I'll have to check tomorrow. I am not really sure. It's smooth and feeds well, but whether it's capturing the round prior to turning over the bolt, I'm not sure.

Mahalo brotha for the in depth response to my inquiry. Been staring at my M5 on the wall for a while now, so I'm glad I can finally use em for a build I had planned anyways.

Mahalo brotha for the in depth response to my inquiry. Been staring at my M5 on the wall for a while now, so I'm glad I can finally use em for a build I had planned anyways.

I cycled it a bunch of times tonight and it appears to me that the case head is sliding in and under the extractor just after the case is released by the magazine, which I believe most people would consider that CRF. But I know that it behaves a little different when you run it slow vs quickly. Either way I ran it, it fed and ejected.

I cycled it a bunch of times tonight and it appears to me that the case head is sliding in and under the extractor just after the case is released by the magazine, which I believe most people would consider that CRF. But I know that it behaves a little different when you run it slow vs quickly. Either way I ran it, it fed and ejected.

thanks brotha. just the info i was looking for.

One of your videos mentioned an extended bipod mount, is that still in the design stage?
image 2.png

I received this rendering from ARC a couple of months ago. They said no date or price set yet.

Reactions: Jeremy45
Has anyone used both the KMW sentinel and Xylo? I know the xylo is new and its a semi apples to oranges comparison. But with the wood grip of the xylo, it seems to have the stock feel with chassis modularity. Would love some feedback. Its rhe last piece i need before sending it off to @LongRifles Inc. Mahalo!

Has anyone used both the KMW sentinel and Xylo? I know the xylo is new and its a semi apples to oranges comparison. But with the wood grip of the xylo, it seems to have the stock feel with chassis modularity. Would love some feedback. Its rhe last piece i need before sending it off to @LongRifles Inc. Mahalo!

I've used and still have both a Xylo and a Sentinel.

I don't think they are all that similar feel wise. I think that the Xylo is a really nice chassis and the ease of adjustability and other features it has makes it very nice, but it's still an aluminum chassis. It still has a ring to it when you dry fire and is a little tuning forkesque like all aluminum chassis are. A stock is going to have a different feel and work to dampen out any resonance and leave you with a different over all feel. I think that the Xylo would be my choice between the two for any kind of competition set up. If I was going in country to alleviate a two legged varmint problem, I would probably go with the Sentinel.

If you could, I would definitely recommend getting behind them and seeing what feels comfortable to you.

Reactions: 808caliber
Tha

I don't think they are all that similar feel wise. I think that the Xylo is a really nice chassis and the ease of adjustability and other features it has makes it very nice, but it's still an aluminum chassis. It still has a ring to it when you dry fire and is a little tuning forkesque like all aluminum chassis are. A stock is going to have a different feel and work to dampen out any resonance and leave you with a different over all feel. I think that the Xylo would be my choice between the two for any kind of competition set up. If I was going in country to alleviate a two legged varmint problem, I would probably go with the Sentinel.

If you could, I would definitely recommend getting behind them and seeing what feels comfortable to you.

Thanks for the response man! I never liked my brothers feel of a chassis, but with the wooden grip of the xylo, figured maybe it would give me best of both worlds, since i love my mcmillans feel but not its lack of ease in adjustments.

This is gonna be a rough decision lol. I doubt I'll be able to handle one on the islands. We dont have a very large bolt gun population aside from hunting rifles, the few AI i seen, and RPR. Hopefully more people can chime in.

I don't think they are all that similar feel wise. I think that the Xylo is a really nice chassis and the ease of adjustability and other features it has makes it very nice, but it's still an aluminum chassis. It still has a ring to it when you dry fire and is a little tuning forkesque like all aluminum chassis are.

I haven't tried yet but on AR rails that ring I use rubber MLOK plugs to dampen the sound.

It still has a ring to it when you dry fire and is a little tuning forkesque like all aluminum chassis are. A stock is going to have a different feel and work to dampen out any resonance and leave you with a different over all feel.

Yeah...the XYLO is my first aluminum chassis and I forgot about the potential for a ring after a shot. Since I added the plastic riser for offhand shooting the ping/ring is gone now. That's one of the things I like about my J Allen...those skins dampen the rig and it's nice and quiet.

Oh, I guess my Eliseo tube gun is all aluminum....it doesn't ring. I have two hand guards for it and I've never had any issues with either.

The XYLO does feel good in my hands though. I'm due to put another coat of wax on the grips....we're in week 3 or 4 of upper 90's and high humidity. (western PA is actually a rain forest....we just don't have monkeys).

Ross

Does anyone have a steel rear bad rider on there XYLO or know where to find one? The website doesn't have them listed and I would really like to add one to my rifle.
Thanks

Reactions: BoldCorrections
What would you do with the additional length? It's come up before.
Ted
It would give me more options for supported shooting.

I prefer to keep my bipod further out and leave the bottom of the forearm available for various shooting positions. The biggest reason I shoot is predator control. I often end up in odd postions and improvised supports, the more options I have to get a stable shot the better. A longer forearm with more real estate would help this in my situation.

Reactions: Stoweit
What would you do with the additional length? It's come up before.
Ted

And, for some, it gets the bipod further closer to the muzzle to reduce the amount the barrel moves on input from the butt. Function like the spigot mounts on other chassis, except its not a spigot...

The longer forarm is what I would buy when I get one for my ELRish magnum rifle.

Longer forearm would be a great option for those that want something similar to the MDT ACC length. I don't mind the current setup honestly. Long enough without pushing the bipod so far forward that it becomes hard to adjust from behind the gun. With the ACC, the bipod sits pretty far forward and I have to get off the gun to adjust the bipod.

The real question is, when are those steel rear bag riders going to drop?

Reactions: 808caliber
Does anyone know how to remove the Archimedes bolt stop? It might be a good thing to include in documentation when you buy the action wrench.

Does anyone know how to remove the Archimedes bolt stop? It might be a good thing to include in documentation when you buy the action wrench.

IIRC, you don't have to remove the bolt stop to use the action wrench, but you do have to remove the ejector, which is held in by a single screw.

First revision of the action wrench didn't require removing the ejector, but IIRC Ted changed the action wrench design as it could twist and distort if you really cranked on it.

IIRC, you don't have to remove the bolt stop to use the action wrench, but you do have to remove the ejector, which is held in by a single screw.

First revision of the action wrench didn't require removing the ejector, but IIRC Ted changed the action wrench design as it could twist and distort if you really cranked on it.
This!
I recently sent my original wrench in and they swapped it for the new one.
Just pull the ejector now as said above.

Yeah, I found that in the page for the action wrench. I still wish there were a little more written documentation with the Archimedes, but that’s an issue with a lot of actions.

Yeah, I found that in the page for the action wrench. I still wish there were a little more written documentation with the Archimedes, but that’s an issue with a lot of actions.

True, not much in the way of documentation other than a barrel interface drawing and an exploded parts diagram.

Best info for bolt disassembly and reassembly are the videos on ARC's support page...

True, not much in the way of documentation other than a barrel interface drawing and an exploded parts diagram.

Best info for bolt disassembly and reassembly are the videos on ARC's support page...

I would love if every gun product came at least with a little quick reference card with all screw sizes and torque specs.

Still waiting on these rare steel rear bag riders. Going to wait till I can get that before I order some front weights. So far tho, Im loving the XYLO and would love to get another one, or two, for the pre sale price. Keep them coming!

@karagias do you guys have the rt hand shorts in stock? Gonna order one up prob this week. Mahalo brotha. Cant wait to drop my old M5 into it.

That moment when you go to ARC's website and you see photos of your rifle on their page.

You know you made it in life at that point. #deeply_honored :LOL::love:

Has anyone put a V22 BA into the Xylo chassis? Is it a drop in and go setup or does it need some fine tuning?
Thinking about getting a V22 and I would love to see it in the Xylo.

Thanks

Has anyone put a V22 BA into the Xylo chassis? Is it a drop in and go setup or does it need some fine tuning?
Thinking about getting a V22 and I would love to see it in the Xylo.

Thanks

I've got one in there right now and it's working fine. Mags fit and are feeding flawlessly.

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
Anybody improvising a way to add weight to the rear of the Xylo? I’m already a little front heavy with a 26” Proof comp contour and no additional front end weights. Sitting at 17.5 lbs with an empty mag.

Anybody improvising a way to add weight to the rear of the Xylo? I’m already a little front heavy with a 26” Proof comp contour and no additional front end weights. Sitting at 17.5 lbs with an empty mag.
No, but with a 30 inch heavy varmint contour, I’m excited to hear ideas.

28" Proof competition contour here, with 3 belly weights, and 3x MDT weight kits on the sides. 23lb. It's not front heavy or rear heavy. It's just heavy.

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
Double (or even 3) bag bars, steel bag bars, I've even used stick-on tire weights.

In case anyone was wondering. Just got email from ARC that lead time rn is about 2 weeks. And if you want the raw or brown walnut grips. Jus put a comment in your order.

Hope to get mine ordered up tjis weekend.

I've got one in there right now and it's working fine. Mags fit and are feeding flawlessly.

would you mind posting pics of your V22 in the Xylo Chasis and what length barrel are you running?
Thanks

would you mind posting pics of your V22 in the Xylo Chasis and what length barrel are you running?
Thanks

Surprisingly I had a pic on my phone already. Sorry for the crap quality, but you can see a little about fit. It's an 18" Kukri barrel if I remember correctly. DA Mask on the end at that moment
IMG_6449.jpg

Surprisingly I had a pic on my phone already. Sorry for the crap quality, but you can see a little about fit. It's an 18" Kukri barrel if I remember correctly. DA Mask on the end at that moment
.View attachment 7399706

Thanks for posting the pic.I also have the 18” Kukri, without the Mask how far is it from the end of the forearm to the end of the barrel?I want a Chasis for my V22 but did not care for the others on the market due to the grips that are on them,.I really like the Xylo and trying to get a visual on how much barrel will be out front.
Thanks again

.View attachment 7399706

Thanks for posting the pic.I also have the 18” Kukri, without the Mask how far is it from the end of the forearm to the end of the barrel?I want a Chasis for my V22 but did not care for the others on the market due to the grips that are on them,.I really like the Xylo and trying to get a visual on how much barrel will be out front.
Thanks again