• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater American Sniper - New Book

konabully

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2004
    PHX & So-Cal
    Amazon just a released a new book by former Seal Team 3 sniper Chris Kyle today, "American Sniper". There's a short video at the bottom of the link too.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Au...0962&sr=8-1

american-sniper-book.jpg

Re: American Sniper

Have just put my Kindle to good use and downloaded this, thanks for the tip off.

BTW,
    If you have read the book "The Sheriff of Ramadi", Chris was mentioned in it under the pseudonym "Cam Kellogg".

I'm 1/2 through it now. Awesome book. Saw him on Foxnews.com also, seems like a really cool guy.

If anyone on here knows Chris, and thinks he'd autograph a copy for me, could you please PM me? My autographed Lone Survivor is one of my favorite things.

Thanks
    David

Re: American Sniper - New Book

He was on Opie and Anthony a couple of days ago hawking his book. One of the hosts brought up the incident but Kyle says he was at a SEAL wake that Jessee Ventura barged in on. Ventura started mouthing off about them murdering innocent Iraqis and when he said so the effect of "you guys deserved to lose a few," Kyle decked him.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBJWI0UBwWU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBJWI0UBwWU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Finished the book yesterday, a good account and well written, I can highly recommend it.

Just got done reading it. It is a great book. I couldn't put it down, finished it in 3 days. I remember him talking about decking the former Navy Seal who was talking trash,he didn't mention it being Jesse Ventura. I am a U.S. Marine and served in Iraq during one of his deployments. I never served in combat, but the way he regarded the Marines instilled a since of pride of being one of the few. I believe it says alot coming from the warrior that he is.

I am concerned for him and his family with his high profile. He had a bounty on his head in the sandbox.

Was privileged enough to get to meet him yesterday and get him to sign my book. Very, very nice guy.

His wife was there and I just want to say what an incredible woman she was. She has passages in the book that show a glimpse into life back at home while her husband is off being a SEAL. I think that is one of the main ways this book differs from others.

My sister just left to be an officer in the marines and Chris' wife Taya had some great advice about dealing with it. Both her and Chris are incredible people. Down to earth, and very nice.

Parker

I finished it last night. It is a bit different however I feel the story is well told and most importantly it's from the heart.

Good read and I highly recommend it.

I just finished it. I agree that it was a good read. His writing style is choppy and disjointed, but that's a style point.

Am I the only one who thought he was on the verge of divorce when he wrote that? Regardless, hope they work through it.

two thumbs up.

Kyle was on Conan Obrien Show I watched last night.

I bought it on the 27th (thanks again for recommending it) and have not been able to put it down. great book so far. I just wish I had more time in the day to read.

Downloaded it to my iPad yesterday...through 100 pages in just over an hour.

Having never served in combat I really like first-person retellings; highly enjoyed 'One Bullet Away' by Nate Fick (especially contrasting 'Generation Kill') and while Kyle's book is different I love its matter of fact, down-to-earth style.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac37</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Page 103
    Nice plug for George Gardner and the crew at GAP Rifles.</div></div>

this is what i noticed, seems even SEAL's love them some bearded warlock

I bought the book thru Amazon online.
    It showed up on my doorstep yesterday evening.

Never met Chris but he comes across as a real person in the book.
    He seems to just tell it straight up the way he sees it, both the good and the bad.
    His style of writing is very easy to read and understand.
    Feels like he is in the room talking to you face to face.

Wish more writers could emulate his writing style.
    Too many "Literature" type authors are too full of themselves and seem to use two paragraphs to say when one sentence could be used.

The content is about what I expected, not boring, just expected. There have been many news segments concerning the Iraq invasion and the timeline he was over there as well as several programs & movies about Navy SEAL training and deployment.

Well worth the price to buy and well worth reading for anybody interested in how our tax dollars are being spent within the Navy SEALS.

Hopefully one of the studios will make it into a movie.

I am almost finished it and enjoying it.

I like the fact that they guy says what he thinks... No political correctness at all. He calls the enemy as he sees it.

The fact that he also highlights the issue of 'battlefield lawyers' comes none-too-soon.

Just my $0.02... but if you want to be an attorney watching over the troops' shoulders and judging their behavior at every turn... you should be standing next to them 100 percent of the time in battle. Not hunkered behind a wall where you can't see. You should be standing up in the open so you can observe everyones actions. You can stay safe if you wear a bright orange panel saying "American Lawyer" on it. I am sure that will do the trick.

Instead, these half-wits hide in some office in the Pentagon and look for ways to prosecute our soldiers for doing their jobs well. . Shakespeare was right...

Cheers,

Sirhr

OK, Lawyers can judge Snipers - as long as the Snipers get to judge the Lawyers
    smile.gif

"I AM THE LAW" ; Stalone

Reading this book now and so far I'm really enjoying it. I love this guys patriotism !! Hope more of us support him and buy his book.

I was interested in the book, then saw a bunch of 1 star reviews on Amazon and backed off. So glad I checked it out after reading this thread. It's not the best book ever, but no where near as bad as some reviewers made it out to be. Really excellent book, keeps your attention and doesn't seem exaggerated or focused on the violence of individual kills.

I bought it on my kindle app and finished it in two nights. I thought is was a great read.

Only book I have ever read cover to cover. Started and wasn't able to stop till the end. Great book.

Just finished it, couldn't put it down once I started!

Damn good book by a patriot and warrior. I did see recently that the has been Ventura is going after him in court. Guess he got all butt-hurt over being floored by him and everybody knowing about it. What a POS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Instead, these half-wits hide in some office in the Pentagon and look for ways to prosecute our soldiers for doing their jobs well. . Shakespeare was right...</div></div>

Do you seriously believe these JAG types salivate at the thought of prosecuting our own soldiers?

JAG is there to advise commanders on the legal confines of their actions and ultimately protect them, yet as much as gung-ho people like to think there should be no legal confines, the reality is that stepping out of those confines has a habit of hurting the strategic mission. I saw this repeatedly downrange, with our own soldiers behaving badly or as some here would say "doing their job well", creating problems for the units operating in their AO and setting back strategic efforts. On more than one occasion I had months of hard work building report and trust with local leaders, developing them into tactical and strategic assets, get completely destroyed by some Joe doing something shortsighted and stupid. And yes, his buddies would complain that he was "just doing his job" but that is the kind emotionally driven, narrow thinking that created the problem.

Edited as to not hijack thread..
    Great book,

I won this book, autographed, in a contest giveaway from another forum. Great and easy read. Down to earth look, not the bull you read in some others.

I noticed the other day a post on the book's facebook page that chris would be signing copies if you send them in.

Copied from the page........ "I have received emails and letters from children, WWII vets, active members, and everyone in between. This book has been an emotional roller coaster for me, but y'all have always been there to give me words of wisdom. For everyone that has a book that they would like signed, please send it to me with pre-paid postage and self addressed envelope. That is the least I can do for you. Thank you again.

2101 Cedar Springs Rd
    Suite 1400
    Dallas, TX 75201"

Thought I would pass the info along.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He was on Opie and Anthony a couple of days ago hawking his book. One of the hosts brought up the incident but Kyle says he was at a SEAL wake that Jessee Ventura barged in on. Ventura started mouthing off about them murdering innocent Iraqis and when he said so the effect of "you guys deserved to lose a few," Kyle decked him.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBJWI0UBwWU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBJWI0UBwWU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Those guys mocking that man and what he was forced to do in combat pisses me off.
    The second they asked a Navy SEAL about fucking call of duty, somebody should have ended that interview, put their asses on a C-130, flown them to Iraq, and let them decide if it's a goddamn video game.
    I hate these assholes. (if you couldn't tell)