• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Ammo Locker

mission_fail

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2011
New Port Richey, FL
Keep ammo and misc items in here. Provides a good platform for all those company stickers I always get but never have anywhere to put. I thought my scout sniper stencil turned out alright.

Re: Ammo Locker

It's a $35 plano case I picked up at dicks.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/missionfail/?action=view&current=Ammo.jpg

I have just shy of 2,000 rounds(.308, 300 wm, 5.56, 12 ga, 30-06 in ammo box, .40 rounds) plus 1,000 rnds of .22 LR. Also have my range bag, cleaning gear box, all my magazines, AP4 iron sights, and a few other odds and ends with some space to spare. You can fit a lot into it. Was cheaper than a safe and more portable.

"Was cheaper than a safe and more portable"

Wow. Interesting artwork. As it is though, I do hope that it is in a somewhat secure area. As you said, you keep quite a bit of necessary AND critical components in there. And it is very portable, for anyone (or any two) to carry off.

Enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Was cheaper than a safe and more portable"

<span style="font-weight: bold">Enjoy.</span> </div></div>

Someone will. I just hope that it's the OP.

'If' I had any guns, I would keep all my ammo in two StackOn 10 gun lockers bolted to each other and the wall/floor.

I like the case you got but it doesn't really lock anything up, would be a good way to transport bulk ammo around and keep it away from toddlers though. I'm going to go see if I can't pick one up to use as a cleaning/random gear carrier for my 'fishing' trips.

This is temporary until I get into college. I have a safe but it's in Florida right now. This is mainly to keep kids out of it. Cresco, IA isn't as bad as Baltimore, MD.

With all that in the case you most have one of the forklift that ride hooked on the back of your truck. LOL But for real with all that ammo and stuff it must weight a ton.

Love the stencil work bro. Looks like you paid attention during Scout Sniper Arts and Crafts Time.

Don't put too much faith in that container. I bought 5 last christmas when dicks had them on sale for $20 to use to keep all kinds of outdoor gear and bugout gear in and they haven't even held up to getting moved around my house. 3 of them are cracked and all of them have broken latches. Too bad because they're a great deal but you pay for what you get. I'll use mine until they're completely FUBAR then go back to large duffles or something. I wish Pelicans weren't so damn expensive, I simply can't afford $1500 worth of cases to hold gear right now.

I just keep my ammo stores on an industrial shelving unit in my garage (attached/climate controlled). Makes it easy to see what I am low on and quick to load out when I am going to the range.

Reloads I just store in the cabinet under the reloading bench. The bench also serves as a repository for company stickers that don't make the cut for the truck or rifle case.

As long as this crate can stay in the same place in 60-70 degrees and be opened closed once in a while for 3 months, it will have served its purpose.

Pretty cool box!!!
wink.gif

Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mission_fail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a $35 plano case I picked up at dicks.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/missionfail/?action=view&current=Ammo.jpg

I have just shy of 2,000 rounds(.308, 300 wm, 5.56, 12 ga, 30-06 in ammo box, .40 rounds) plus 1,000 rnds of .22 LR. Also have my range bag, cleaning gear box, all my magazines, AP4 iron sights, and a few other odds and ends with some space to spare. You can fit a lot into it. Was cheaper than a safe and more portable.</div></div>

Before I saw this I have been considering something like this as well for just my ammo. Also considered one of those metal surplus rocket cases, but honestly this might be just as large and cheaper....