• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMP - Aztec vs Standard Settings

Redfoot Ranch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2018
Mid MI
For those who may have used their AMP Mark l with standard settings prior to purchasing Aztec, did you find the upgrade worth the money when using on the same sample pieces of brass? In other words, did you find significant enough 'annealed' difference after you sacrificed a piece of brass with Aztec over standard with same lot comparison brass?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't have one, but a mate does. It's a nice feature, but there is a HUGE Catalog of known anneal programs now.

Nice yes, not needed.

They have a pretty good database now with neck thickness noted. If your brass is squarely on their published list, probably not worth it. If you turn necks, or have a lot of variance lot to lot, Aztec would be good to tailor your setting to your brass. I found it to be useful as I accumulated different types/lots. I will probably never know if I get more firings to equate to $200 in savings.

Using published data for my 7mm-08 Nosler brass melted the cases. I reached out to customer service and they verified their data then offered to test a case for me. I upgraded to Aztec as a test partially because it would be quicker. No melting issues on Aztec.

I didn’t have any issues with published data on Norma 300WM or (old) Prime 6.5 but use Aztec now.