• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMP ... worth every cent

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Got my "Annealing Made Perfect" yesterday, had it unpacked and analyzing a 6.5 Creedmoor case literally 10 minutes later. Annealed 100 cases of twice-fired brass in about 15 minutes. I had intended to use it after a few firings, but it's so quick and easy that I'm going to work it into the "every fire" standard routine. I wanted to anneal, but hated the whole "Propane Torch" concept. While it's admittedly expensive, this gadget is absolutely terrific ... couldn't be happier with this purchase. Just thought I'd share my experience, for anyone thinking about one of these.

I don’t do this. My ES is single digit. What is the neck brushing supposed to accomplish?

Sorry for the thread drift, OP. Glad you like the machine. I anneal every time too.
    The carbon in the neck after annealing can become gritty, causing inconsistent seating. I'm told that if you tumble long enough after sizing this may not be an issue. I like running a bronze brush through mine, it makes seating smoother. Just my 2 cents.

I don’t do this. My ES is single digit. What is the neck brushing supposed to accomplish?

Sorry for the thread drift, OP. Glad you like the machine. I anneal every time too.
    It took my dasher from ~ an 8 to a 6. It’s not much but in 5 shot samples it carrried out over three consecutive weekends for me. I can def feel it though with them seating back to back.

the best investments in reloading i made in the last year was a amp and a fx120 and auto throw. very happy with both would not look back or regret. all we need now is supply's to use them.

Your ES isn’t a single digit across large sample sizes.

After using my AMP I just dry vibrate again, no brushing here either.

Anyone thinking about it they’re in stock from AMP mine gets in tomorrow.