• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And so the count down begins. (M40a5)

usmc1488

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2012
Camp Lejeune
I dont know anyone up at Quantico anymore so I had to order my M40a5 from GA Precision. They said the lead time is 12 months! I guess Ill just keep shooting my M21 clone and OOW BAR until then. 364 days to go! To keep me occupied, how about you guys post up pics of your M40/a1/a3/a5.

Here is a pic of me shooting the real deal in lovely old Al-Anbar.

Re: And so the count down begins.

12 months! Dam, that's going to be a long wait...I'm sure it will be well worth it though. What are the spec's on your build - I'm curious?

Congrats
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AvsFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12 months! Dam, that's going to be a long wait...I'm sure it will be well worth it though. What are the spec's on your build - I'm curious?

Congrats
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks, its the exact specs as the real deal M40a5 that you can see me shooting (it didnt have the five round external mag or muzzle brake at the time, but did have the foward mount as seen in the pic for the night vision). You can add or subtract parts but if you do the 2112 that works at GA who builds the M40 wont mark it exactly same way as he did in Quantico for us.

Im almost 7 months in on a custom rig from APA. Got word it should be ready middle of next month. Its kinda one of those things that you're anxious to get, but forget about it from months 2-4, and then get really antsy as the time gets closer.

The waiting does stink, but I've done it before when I waited about a year for my BAR. We just had our first son so I'll be busy anyway.

I'm lookin forward to taking out my M40A5 GAP build next week and shooting it for the first time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc1488</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know anyone up at Quantico anymore so I had to order my M40a5 from GA Precision. They said the lead time is 12 months! I guess Ill just keep shooting my M21 clone and OOW BAR until then. 364 days to go! To keep me occupied, how about you guys post up pics of your M40/a1/a3/a5.

Here is a pic of me shooting the real deal in lovely old Al-Anbar.

</div></div>
The Tac Ops M40A1 shown in the following link isn't mine, but check-out <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">OutlawTen5</span></span>'s <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"TAC OPS M40A1 --- Happy New Year to me!"</span></span> thread for an M40A1, Tac Ops style. Enjoy!

Keith

Congratulations! What are the specs of yours, USMC specs? How long was your wait. Can you post some pictures up?

I'm a retard so I can't post pics but it's Marine specs. I bought it from KYS338 off the hide, so I had about a 5 day wait. I can't wait any longer than that
wink.gif