• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have one of these builds with George so maybe I'm out of line, but if I did and he had my cash I would getting the legal system involved if the August due date comes and goes. He has broken several verbal agreements amd the apparent lack of communication show that he does not conduct proper business practices. How many months should it take to fix the safety's on these rifles? I know he has said he bit off more than he could chew but 2 years...Really! My father builds custom cabinets that are some of the best money could buy, but if we did this to our customers we would be out of business and In front of a judge. If he's got time to build clones that somehow work, he's got time for you guys as well. Bottom line something or someone should correct this total disregard for his customers. My 2 cents gents. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outrider you post again in here and I banning you for a month... you're just stirring the pot where one doesn't need to be stirred.

Knock it off... </div></div>

Let me be clear. Unless you want to be the next wack-a-mole. Stay out of this.

Anybody hear anything? Or are we back on the witness protection program.. How about,''''''''''' we all get our parts we paid for, minus whatever the gunsmithing addition would have been and go elsewhere for assembly?

Im sure we could all choose a reputable smith to assemble the parts in NO time.. That seems like the best/fastest way for any of us to get a rifle. Just sayin<--- cause the other option has sucked up to this point.

Ch

Yes, agreed. I have been VERY patient up til this point, and honestly, I'm done with this. I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I think we should discuss this via PM and determine the best course of action. I've emailed George twice in the past week or so and received no response....
Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, agreed. I have been VERY patient up til this point, and honestly, I'm done with this. I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I think we should discuss this via PM and determine the best course of action. I've emailed George twice in the past week or so and received no response....
Ken </div></div>

Don't let him fool you. He bitches and bitches and bitches to me everyday about how he regrets being in this build.

Jk Haha... Better get something going.

Hows everyone like their new rifles? I'd bet they're real shooters!
Seriously, has anyone heard anything from George?
Ken

It's too bad it came to this, we have done several "builds" in the past and all went off flawlessly. We wanted to give another builder an opportunity to shine and it turned sour for everyone. For that I feel bad, more than most would believe.

As much I have stayed out of this business, not pushing George L in one direction or another, I have also stepped in when the barrels were at Bartlien waiting for payment, and again when GAP offered to help resolve this for the site and that offer was declined. Beyond sitting in his shop overseeing it, not much we could have done.

While i don't think the delay was done with malicious intent, it has certainly turned the members who stepped up and participated ugly, and I don't blame them. Certainly I have waited in excess of a year and a half for a rifle and understand it takes time, but 2 years without a single rifle being delivered is a lot harder to swallow.

Since the site only authorized this to be a SH Build, we really don't have any control over it. It definitely ruins it for any future builds / plans, as nobody would trust a build again, maybe but with this always hanging over our heads as I am sure most here would not let us live it down, which is too bad. These build have gone off great since 2003, and that is what I find most troubling. The best intension getting twisted ugly, even against George L. It puts a black cloud over him when really this was his opportunity to shine.

I would recommend if you plan on moving forward you take it off the site and discuss it amongst yourselves. I don't feel you are doing anyone any favors by constantly venting your frustrations here. Believe me I cringe every time I read this, and know any ideas I have for future builds are permanently scarred. Offline is your best solution as we don't have any more information than anyone else. Some of you have communicated far more with George L on this than I have, especially of late. As I said, we only okayed the build, the rest we left up to the builder. Maybe if you decide you want your parts we can see if GAP will still keep the offer on the table, that would be my only thought on the matter.

It's funny before this build people where complaining it was too focused around GAP. As they had done all the Official Rifles in the past, so we took it chance and it backfired, but that was based on pressures of the members who wanted choices, which we were hoping this offered. My apologies to all involved including George L if this was truly over his head, that it turned out this way.

Very well said and thank you for the insight. If it had been posted here of the issue with the barrels I missed.

I would certainly be interested in GAP assembling the rifle.
Just need to know the procedure if it becomes and option.

One question, does anyone know if the actions have actually been built?

Thanks lowlight for your post. This is the first group build that I was involved in and just wanted to make sure I understand. If I read correctly, are you walking away from this?

After rereading the thread, it seemed that the only communication came when you asked George for an update. Without your ability to get answers what are we supposed to do? If we take it "offline", how is that going to work?

From the most recent update, all the pictures looked like stuff that was purchased, stocks, barrels, rails, etc. I know if I had 15 shiny new actions laying around, that would have been the first picture I posted. What if the actions aren't done? GAP's generous offer, if it's still on the table, wouldn't do us any good right
frown.gif

Sorry, this is stressing me out, mine has been paid in full since the first of the year and $4200 is a big deal to me.

If someone is going to take the lead on this or if it's going offline, please include me.

Thanks,

Craig

It's sad that it has come to this and the yearly builds have been blemished. I got in on the Valkyrie build and would be happy to get in on others by well known and trusted gunsmiths.

I have made every attempt to contact George and find out what the status of our rifles is. No answers since 5 months ago.

If anyone would like to pool our efforts off the forum, please email me and we can take this on as a group.

I'm not in on this build, but I sure hope you guys still brag about your rifles and show pictures when you get them. I've been watching this thread since I first signed up, and these theoretical rifles look outstanding. I hope you guys all find your peace with this build, and get a great rifle you can brag to the Hide about.

FWIW and I do mean FWIW
I called earlier today and left a message, George returned my call shortly before Frank posted earlier here today.

My build was pictured in the last group photo being put together in a barreled action. I simply asked George if it was painted, put together and if it worked. His reply was YES to all and that it would ship with a few others in 7-10 days, with only a few loose ends left - whatever that meant.

Now mind you I was told that in an email in March etc.......
I'd like to think that this is true, but I know it's not.
But I'm going to hold for those 10 days and if I don't hear from him within two weeks, than I will be calling him to demand he ship the gun/parts/pieces of what he has in a fucking HD bucket or whatever container he has and have someone else complete.

Maybe I'll just sell the HD bucket, now that I have 100 posts

If this goes offline I would like to be notified. I got involved late in the game but I do have a rifle promised to me and money invested. Thanks.

Dan S.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Since the site only authorized this to be a SH Build, we really don't have any control over it. It definitely ruins it for any future builds / plans, as nobody would trust a build again, maybe but with this always hanging over our heads as I am sure most here would not let us live it down, which is too bad. These build have gone off great since 2003, and that is what I find most troubling. The best intension getting twisted ugly, even against George L. It puts a black cloud over him when really this was his opportunity to shine.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Believe me I cringe every time I read this, and know any ideas I have for future builds are permanently scarred.</div></div>
Don't let this put a damper on any future plans. I'm sure many would be interested in another Sniper's Hide rifle build, provided a different and well respected gunsmith is utilized on the next go around.

I hope this ends up with great rifles in the customers'
hands. God bless you all who have sent your thousands
of dollars!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Since the site only authorized this to be a SH Build, we really don't have any control over it. It definitely ruins it for any future builds / plans, as nobody would trust a build again, maybe but with this always hanging over our heads as I am sure most here would not let us live it down, which is too bad. These build have gone off great since 2003, and that is what I find most troubling. The best intension getting twisted ugly, even against George L. It puts a black cloud over him when really this was his opportunity to shine.</div></div>
Believe me I cringe every time I read this, and know any ideas I have for future builds are permanently scarred.</div></div>
Don't let this put a damper on any future plans. I'm sure many would be interested in another Sniper's Hide rifle build, provided a different and well respected gunsmith is utilized on the next go around. </div></div>

Second that. I've learnt a lot from the experience of others in this situation and I suspect the next project, if there is one, will go off without hitch given the lessons from this. Hope you guys get your rifles soon and enjoy them.

Yeah, last Friday he told me he'd be shipping the first 5 or 6 at the beginning of this week. I've emailed him twice this week with no response. NOT encouraging...
Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, last Friday he told me he'd be shipping the first 5 or 6 at the beginning of this week. I've emailed him twice this week with no response. NOT encouraging...
Ken </div></div>

He told me 5 months ago he was "wrapping up my rifle".....
So what does that tell you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
FWIW and I do mean FWIW
I called earlier today and left a message, George returned my call shortly before Frank posted earlier here today.

My build was pictured in the last group photo being put together in a barreled action. I simply asked George if it was painted, put together and if it worked. His reply was YES to all and that it would ship with a few others in 7-10 days, with only a few loose ends left - whatever that meant.

But I'm going to hold for those 10 days and if I don't hear from him within two weeks, than I will be calling him to demand he ship the gun/parts/pieces of what he has in a fucking HD bucket or whatever container he has and have someone else complete.

</div></div>

Any word form him?

Ch

Is that a rhetorical question?

Nothing here....

Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
FWIW and I do mean FWIW

</div></div>

Any word form him?

Ch

</div></div>

Two days ago he "gave his word" it will ship this coming Monday.
He said he would call me on Monday as well to confirm
We shall see then I suppose

That is great! I have not been able to get any feedback from him either phone or email.

If you all keep believing his lies, you are going to be let down even harder when it never shows up. He has given me "his word" for 5 months that it was shipping. I have the PM's.

You guys wanna start a gas money pool for someone who lives the close to go pay a visit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You guys wanna start a gas money pool for someone who lives the close to go pay a visit? </div></div>

I'll volunteer, I drive by there every now and then.

If you want to go an express our concerns that the builds are not even halfway done I am sure we would all appreciate it. This has gone on far to long.

I'll make this short.
George did call today, twice actually and no the gun did not ship today as was promised.

Seems that magazines were shipped to the old shop address
and returned to vendor.
Slings have not been purchased/ordered, you got the idea.
He again promised to ship out on Wednesday without mag/sling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you all keep believing his lies, you are going to be let down even harder when it never shows up. He has given me "his word" for 5 months that it was shipping. I have the PM's.

</div></div>

Take from it what you want. It was asked what if any information anyone had earlier and I replied.
I have had the same emails/conversations and understand your frustration/anger and the context of your post. BUT dont shoot the messenger please or think you know what I or another "believes" We are all here together, it would be wise to remain that way I think....again fwiw

Dude..... don't get me going on this subject.

Have you ever been all in on a project and then been constantly lied to for 6 months + ? Then avoided for 4 months?!

If you keep enabling his excuses and believing his BS he will never feel the need to hold himself accountable for his poor decision making during this debacle of his. I could tell you stories that would make you sick to your stomach about what has been going on. But I wont do it publicly.

I have asked for my money or parts for 4 months now with no reply. He can deal with the repercussions now.

Good Luck getting your rifle Native. Maybe he will come thru for you, but in nearly 2 years he has constantly lied to the majority of us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I could tell you stories that would make you sick to your stomach about what has been going on. But I wont do it publicly. </div></div>

If true, who is the enabler here?

If true, I would assume others involved in this build are aware as well?

If true?.................................... you can pm me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll make this short.
George did call today, twice actually and no the gun did not ship today as was promised.

and returned to vendor.
</div></div>
On Wednesday then, (9/21/2011) you should be informed of your tracking number; which ever shipper
is being used. I pray you get that, jump on the shipper's site and report on your rifle's travels!

Heck yeah we would like you to drive by, maybe get a no BS eye on account of what is actually there. I worry that native says his rifle is possibly done when none of the rest of us has been notified that we need to supply FFL info for shipping????????????

I monitor this...good luck, guys, sorry for your headaches.

Best wishes,

Harry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AdvenJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll make this short.

and returned to vendor.
</div></div>
On Weds. then, 9/21/2011 you should be informed of your tracking number; which ever shipper
is being used. I pray you get that, jump on the shipper's site and report on your rifle's travels!
</div></div>

Why wouldn't he have shipped it out today or even yesterday without the sling and magazine? Why wait for another day. But at this point, another day is just a drop in the bucket.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 14pt">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat

"Why wouldn't he have shipped it out today or even yesterday
without the sling and magazine? Why wait for another day."</span></span>

If nothing of note is shipped on 6/21/11 call the
county superior court prosecutor's office, (or
perhaps the government there calls it the District
Attorney's office) and fight for criminal fraud
charges to be established. If the prosecutors don't
want to step in, get the MEDIA aware of the sit-
uation and get the pressure on to have this case
presented to a GRAND JURY - FOR INDICTMENT. I'll
bet FOX News (television) would listen to you all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I could tell you stories that would make you sick to your stomach about what has been going on. But I wont do it publicly. </div></div>

If true, who is the enabler here?

If true, I would assume others involved in this build are aware as well?

If true?.................................... you can pm me.

</div></div>

+1 on that. By all means please PM with details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will he still be in business after this ? </div></div>

In reality, he's probably already TU but rigor hasn't yet set in.

...George did call today, twice actually and no the gun did not ship today as was promised.
...He again promised to ship out on Wednesday without mag/sling.</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> Well Native,

This is in no way a slap at <span style="text-decoration: underline">YOU</span> but, have you any good news or
bad news to post? Per this so-called rifle builder your rifle was
to be on it's way to your FFL dealer today; and if so you should
have a TRACKING NUMBER to follow it's path to that end. All who
have read through this thread and of course the buyers involved
would love for you to be able to report a positive development.
Best to all of you.</span> </span>

KYS338 was right
The man has lied consistently and still is, a complete con artist and fraud it would appear.

Below is an email I received late last night after trying to contact the man at what is still his listed phone number on his web site and on this site. It looks as if he has a new location for his business as well as a new phone number.

While threatening to contact law enforcement on me no less, he still has the balls to say he is shipping today or tomorrow.
Weird fucking shit guys
I’m moving forward in a couple of directions, any help/advice/information to help the case would be greatly appreciated in pm's......thanks

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Bill,

First, I am working to get your rifle to you. If I answer the phone and have the same conversation as the day before, i get nothing done.

Second, You are harassing me and my family by calling our cell phone numbers. I don't know how you got my wife's cell phone number, but I view this as threatening behavior. This is the second time that you have done this. Read this law and decide for your self, but I will be contacting Douglas county law enforcement in the morning.

http://www.esia.net/State_Stalking_Laws.htm

Again, your rifle will be shipping out tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you,

George Liechty
Precision Shooting Sports Inc.
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664
801-704-9760
www.precisionshootingsports.com"</span>

eta: it seems he has a new email address also, at least new to me..fwiw
[email protected]

Can you say Methamphetamine? Damn, This guy is acting like a complete douchebag about this..

PM me the cell numbers and Ill satrt calling too, how about we all talk to his wife about our 80 plus thousand dollars!

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Can you say Methamphetamine? Damn, This guy is acting like a complete douchebag about this..

PM me the cell numbers and Ill satrt calling too, how about we all talk to his wife about our 80 plus thousand dollars!

Ch </div></div>

No need for PM
I have no idea if these are cell/landline etc.. and makes no difference to me
The numbers I have so far for this character are

801-602-5776
801-530-9022
801-704-9760

as well I edited my last post to include:
it seems he has a new email address also, at least new to me..fwiw
[email protected]

What have I said this whole time?

Native, I hope he calls the cops on you. And you explain what he has been up to. Its like he is calling the law on himself.

I am not trying to stir the pot but i think desertmonkey knows the guy and lives reasonably close, maybe he could swing by and take some updated pics of the rifles in progress/finished. Not that would fix the whole mess but maybe make you feel alittle better about possibly getting a rifle eventually.

For the record i don't know the builder, just trying to help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What have I said this whole time?

Native, I hope he calls the cops on you. And you explain what he has been up to. Its like he is calling the law on himself. </div></div>

He is just smart enough to do that
grin.gif

But not yet unfortunately

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338 was right
The man has lied consistently and still is, a complete con artist and fraud it would appear.

Below is an email I received late last night after trying to contact the man at what is still his listed phone number on his web site and on this site. It looks as if he has a new location for his business as well as a new phone number.

While threatening to contact law enforcement on me no less, he still has the balls to say he is shipping today or tomorrow.
Weird fucking shit guys
I’m moving forward in a couple of directions, any help/advice/information to help the case would be greatly appreciated in pm's......thanks

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Bill,

First, I am working to get your rifle to you. If I answer the phone and have the same conversation as the day before, i get nothing done.

Second, You are harassing me and my family by calling our cell phone numbers. I don't know how you got my wife's cell phone number, but I view this as threatening behavior. This is the second time that you have done this. Read this law and decide for your self, but I will be contacting Douglas county law enforcement in the morning.

http://www.esia.net/State_Stalking_Laws.htm

Again, your rifle will be shipping out tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you,

George Liechty
Precision Shooting Sports Inc.
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664
801-704-9760
www.precisionshootingsports.com"</span>

eta: it seems he has a new email address also, at least new to me..fwiw
[email protected]

</div></div>

Funny thing is, if you read the UTAH state laws, if you havent threatened him, your fine.. What a tool..

Ch

Mr.George Liechty please ship SH build 24 of 25 rifle parts to G.A Precision, 1141 Swift St., N. Kansas City, MO 64116.
I would have liked to express my request to you via conventional means of communication but you have not returned any of my attempts to communicate with you. I recognize your schedule probably limits your ability greatly to return communications but I feel 90 days is plenty of time to reply to an email mssg and voice message.
I have paid you in full plus shipping immediately after your request for final payment and I am well within my rights to authorize you to ship all the parts for the serial number of this build.

Please note that I have not contacted G.A. Precision about this nor have ever discussed any rifle build with GAP.
Once I receive the shipment tracking number from you I will contact GAP to alert them these parts are inbound.

I do apologize for this method of public communication but I must move forward with this issue.

Thank you & best regards