• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Its nice to hear some ones got something , I am in this to the tune of 7K , and have not heard a thing in close to a year .

Later Chris </div></div>

I don't think he received anything yet, although that's the way the post reads. Looking at the three or four previous posts, I believe he's stating what he ordered...

That's correct, I haven't received anything, that was my "build sheet", sorry for the confusion.

...is it too late to change the caliber...???...
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...is it too late to change the caliber...???...
crazy.gif
</div></div>

I'm assuming you are joking!!!

Do you think he's going to pop up one day with a bunch of killer pictures saying hey boys your guns are done!?? THAT would be a nice surprise no?
smile.gif

Someone should start a pool on when the rifles are going to be done. To my understanding the only thing left is the safety? The rifles are about complete?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do you think he's going to pop up one day with a bunch of killer pictures saying hey boys your guns are done!?? THAT would be a nice surprise no?
smile.gif

</div></div>

...no, methinks a few rifles will show up one day, with a few others showing up a while after that...

...can I get mine in 30-06...???...
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...can I get one with a 24" barrel...???...
eek.gif
</div></div>

Looking at your past posts the last couple of years on this build OutRider
Did you ever order a build?

Well, we are now a FULL YEAR OVERDUE......
Just sayin'....

Every couple of months, I check and see what I've been missing with this thread. And everytime, it is NOTHING. Good luck gents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...can I get one with a 24" barrel...???...
eek.gif
</div></div>

Looking at your past posts the last couple of years on this build OutRider
Did you ever order a build? </div></div>

...yes...the delay is not hurting me any...

...I picked mine in 6.5CM, although I will concede that the <span style="font-style: italic">intelligent</span> choice would be .308...

...I picked the AAC brake because I think Rachel is uber hot at so many levels that the rifle will be <span style="font-style: italic">much</span> more valuable to me if I think that she might have made it's suppressor...

...I want her to touch me all over with her needles...
smirk.gif

...in case that reference is obtuse...

http://www.tattoo.tv/artists/interviews/220-rachel-anne.html

...on another website, some one seemed surprized that a machinist was also an artist...imagine that...
confused.gif

...anyway, I told tac-lite he could make my rifle <span style="font-style: italic">last</span> if it would help... <span style="font-weight: bold">.!.
grin.gif
.!. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
T-minus 8 </div></div>

Till you go postal with a water pistol?

I feel for you guys getting jerked around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
T-minus 8 </div></div>

Till you go postal with a water pistol?

I feel for you guys getting jerked around. </div></div>

Yea it definitely sucks for whoever sent money. Cuz you KNOW that money is long gone, yet theres nothing to show for it except a weekly (not even that anymore) announcement that "they should be shipping next week". And I'd be willing to bet if you asked for a refund there would be no money to refund either. Too bad for all involved. Something is clearly going on cuz even having "issues" I doubt it would take this long to build a mere 25 rifles, even alone. He could at least be honest with everyone instead of using the same line every week.

Ive called a few times since he gave me a date 6 weeks ago that it would ship. He clearly can't stick to his own deadlines and I have exhausted all means of contact to the point that I think he needs to be held accountable for his lack of actions. He has had my full payment for more then 6 months.

I do not let someone jerk me around for nearly 2 years on a rifle that he clearly cannot complete in good standing. There is no excuse good enough for being out of contact for this long. I find his practices very unprofessional and they are going to end up costing him and his company in the long run. Not just with us, but with others as well. I wish the communication from him was better and this probably all could have been avoided, but he chose the path not us.

I left a message yesterday afternoon and George called me back about five minutes later. I'll stay on this ship a little while longer.

I've also paid in full - I had the money last December, and wanted to pay off the balance before I spent the money on something else! In hindsight, I probably should have held it back as incentive, but what's done is done....

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at your past posts <span style="color: #990000">the last couple of years on this build </span>OutRider
Did you ever order a build? </div></div>That red part is so wrong, I feel bad for you guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel your guys pain. I see your gun parts at his shop all the time. I am sorry. </div></div>

Fuck you skyturd, sorry your ass
Stop humping Georges leg and maybe he can get some work done on our build!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do tell Skyking, is he working on these rifles? </div></div>

lol the phrase "gun parts" doesn't sound promising

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never mind! I am staying out of this </div></div>

I believe its too late for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never mind! I am staying out of this. <span style="font-weight: bold">He has my money too!</span> </div></div>

Dont edit your post later to make a play as if you have been burned as well!
If you have a story to tell, than spit it out...otherwise stfu
Dont come here playing games, we are ALL very tired of that shit by now and it's not much appreciated!

Has anyone asked for their money back?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone asked for their money back? </div></div>

I was wondering the same thing...

CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone asked for their money back? </div></div>

Hah! Good luck with that!

Yeah, just thought I'd ask....
I emailed George a couple days ago for some kind of update. No response as of yet.

I paid 7k , for an order of short 308 type actions & 338LM actions that he planned to do straight after .

I did this , as I did not like the McM stock for the complete build , & I thought IF I ordered JUST the actions , I could get them quicker ( not waiting on stocks, barrels etc ) .

At this stage , I just want my money BACK , I have been MORE than patient .

Later Chris

It would just be nice to have a realistic date when the product will be completed and ship.
This is a requirement of any business producing a product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel your guys pain. I see your gun parts at his shop all the time. I am sorry. </div></div>

Fuck you skyturd, sorry your ass
Stop humping Georges leg and maybe he can get some work done on our build!

</div></div>

...this is like 'n labusasas thread...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would just be nice to have a realistic date when the product will be completed and ship.
This is a requirement of any business producing a product.
</div></div>

...this isn't <span style="font-style: italic">pretty</span> for anybody...but it's not all that unusual a sitation in custom guns from what I've seen...it is what it is...

...I am content to let things move along their own pace...

...it's not like I had my life staked on this build as my only rifle...

...I am not kidding aboot tac-lite building me rifle <span style="font-style: italic">last</span>, niether...

OutRider you have stated your opinion over and over.
I am ecstatic that you don't give a rats ass when you get your rifle. Save it. I get it.
I do care when I get mine and I would sure the fuck like to know why it is so damn hard to be up front about what is going on.

If I ran my business the way LiteTac does I would be out of business and that is fact.
Just because this supposedly happens with other custom builds damn sure does not make it right and I am not talking about the delivery time.

I suggest going the route of having a lawyer prepare a letter.... This is beyond acceptable.

Thinking about it in a "fair" manner.. A few people should meet up and go there in person, and ask to see these "almost finished" rifles, and get a detailed explanation of the problem. Perhaps go from there, ask for money back, a real explanation as to the delay, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about it in a "fair" manner.. A few people should meet up and go there in person, and ask to see these "almost finished" rifles, and get a detailed explanation of the problem. Perhaps go from there, ask for money back, a real explanation as to the delay, etc.

</div></div>

It shouldn't have come to this. We should not have to waist our time, money, and gas chasing this guy around for answers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about it in a "fair" manner.. A few people should meet up and go there in person, and ask to see these "almost finished" rifles, and get a detailed explanation of the problem. Perhaps go from there, ask for money back, a real explanation as to the delay, etc.

</div></div>

It shouldn't have come to this. We should not have to waist our time, money, and gas chasing this guy around for answers. </div></div>

I absolutely agree... this is ridiculous. but seems like calls and emails don't get any truthful answers, just empty promises and more excuses, and he does have tens of thousands of dollars at minimum. Whats a couple hundred more dollars and a day or two to get some real answers... at least see that these rifles really exist in some form and may some day be closer to completion.

Perhaps everyone who has money in the build and can't make it personally can pitch in 50 bucks to a couple of people who can go and they would be able to get some kindof report back here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about it in a "fair" manner.. A few people should meet up and go there in person, and ask to see these "almost finished" rifles, and get a detailed explanation of the problem. Perhaps go from there, ask for money back, a real explanation as to the delay, etc.

</div></div>

It shouldn't have come to this. We should not have to waist our time, money, and gas chasing this guy around for answers. </div></div>

I absolutely agree... this is ridiculous. but seems like calls and emails don't get any truthful answers, just empty promises and more excuses, and he does have tens of thousands of dollars at minimum. Whats a couple hundred more dollars and a day or two to get some real answers... at least see that these rifles really exist in some form and may some day be closer to completion.

Perhaps everyone who has money in the build and can't make it personally can pitch in 50 bucks to a couple of people who can go and they would be able to get some kindof report back here. </div></div>

Money would be best served on a lawyer. He can still lie to your face you know....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about it in a "fair" manner.. A few people should meet up and go there in person, and ask to see these "almost finished" rifles, and get a detailed explanation of the problem. Perhaps go from there, ask for money back, a real explanation as to the delay, etc.

</div></div>

Perhaps everyone who has money in the build and can't make it personally can pitch in 50 bucks to a couple of people who can go and they would be able to get some kindof report back here. </div></div>

Money would be best served on a lawyer. He can still lie to your face you know.... </div></div>

I guess, but at least if someone went there they could see if the guns are actually assembled or if there's a bunch of completely unfinished parts not even close to completion... Lawyer works just fine too I suppose.

Did you HONESTLY think that was cool? IF you did, maybe you should just keep to yourself OK?

CH

No I don't, in fact it's outrageous. He's got your dough and the group has squat. Having been in this type situation before, it's way past time to get a mouthpiece and turn the heat way, way, up. Please trust me, the longer it takes to get some clarity, the less likely anyone will see anything.

Disclaimer....These are the thoughts of Jasonk, not Snipershide.com.

I agree with Tomekeuro85 that a visit would at least tell you if he's got a pile of parts there. A letter from an attorney will do little unless several of you get together and decide that you're all willing to pursue this and go all the way.

How much money is involved, it's likely a small claims issue for each of you. Just call a company local to him that does the paperwork and serves people, they'll help you. Here the fee is $35 to serve, $85 or so to the court, if they fail to respond in 14 days then you get a default judgement and can try to find assets, accounts, etc. Of course if he does respond, then plan on a court date and you buying a plane ticket out there.

At the very least I would talk to an attorney and find out what the statute of limitations is for stuff like this, you're going on 2 years so I'd be a little nervous. I'd open up some sort of paper trail by filing a police report with the local sheriff or similar. If I was in on this buy I would consider it theft of my money at this point since many of you have no rifle, no money, no communication.

Couple of issues I see, First of all would George be agreeable to letting someone in his shop to see the guns or progress thereof. In my state no one has to let you into home or business without a search Warrant.

If he is agreeable then we could possibly fund a Utah Hider that we trust to make the trip. We have some really good guys that I believe are already in that area.

Before anyone goes busting out to Utah, remember just because you show up doesn't mean you have access without George's permission.

Just my thoughts on the subject. My personal belief is that he has not run off with the money. I agree that there hasn't been near enough communication with the group. It's obvious that something has happened that shouldn't have.

But before we turn into a lynch mob, perhaps an amicable means of justification could take place with a visit and a detailed report on those findings.

I'm not looking to argue with anyone as my money is tied up too, so if you don't like or disagree with my thoughts, which is exactly what they are, that's fine,so be it, as I'm just putting my perspective out there.

Cheers!!

Someone already has been to this guys shop and seen a clone build and other people have stated they have seen our parts laying there. What more do you need in that aspect?

Best thing to do now is everyone get together and make it happen.

Maybe our Commandant could use his charm and find out for us?

CH

I have spoke to George L and asked him to update everyone, he has some images that I think will help quell some of the discontent with this, so hopefully the update will come in a few days for everyone.