• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

DAMN native, I like your style!! At least you got a response from him. Where in CO are you at? I'm on the western slope and have a couple of guys that are getting ready to shut down for the season and just might be willing to go out and take a peek:) Are you a PI in your spare time? I agree, as long as you didn't threaten him your gold,and maybe it would be good for local LE to get involved in this.

Well said. +1 for mine, unfortunatly I never recieved an invoice for my deposit so I don't know the number of my build.

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

I have information from a reliable source that he is working on other customers rifles. Just not our builds. He made a claim that "not all the parts are ready yet".

mad.gif
confused.gif

Nope, no threats..not my style!

mclevela
Good post with your request to George above but I would suggest a couple of things.
1. This needs to be in writing and mailed to George
2. A demand and not request, for your parts/rifle OR a full refund
3. A defined time period in which he needs to respond back...typically 10 working days.

Mines is on it's way and probably wont do much good but does lay ground work for things to come.

I got an update today from a 3rd party that 2 rifles were boxed up for shipping and two more were finished for shipping on Monday.

I have no idea who's is who's but 4 are finished as of today.

Good news and good luck to all participants in this build. Thanks for the update, Lowlight.

FH

Just curious, does anyone plan on selling there rifle when they receive it, regardless of craftsmanship?

Reason I ask is I had a similar situation happen with one of my dream guns several years ago, and even though it was an extremely nice gun, the grief I had to go through to get it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Even looking at it or holding the gun just reminded of having to deal with the owner of the company, and left me not wanting to own anything made by him.

Whoever gets their rifles please post pics and your opinions.

Long day, just opened this up a few minutes ago.
Not sure what to say other than it's not perfect, but more than what I had yesterday!
I'm sure I'll have more to say come next week, and hopefully positive.
For those that will still be waiting, I can only hope that this means the rest will roll out in short order!!!!!
Email from George below:

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Bill,

The rifle went out today Priority mail. So you should see it on Monday or Tuesday. USPS does not have tracking numbers.

It has a Remington safety as I got a failure on testing with the 3 position. The bolt will have to be redesigned to make a 3 position work to my satisfaction and I wont be doing that. So all the rifles will have Remington safeties.

The AICS 5 round magazines do not work with this rifle system so I included a second AW 10 round in its place. The sling will be coming along sometime in the next 30 days. And I owe you two side mounts for the NV mount. I have not made them yet.

Thank you,

George Liechty
Precision Shooting Sports Inc.
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664
801-704-9760
www.precisionshootingsports.com"</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, no threats..not my style!

mclevela
Good post with your request to George above but I would suggest a couple of things.

</div></div>

I thought it was reasonable given he invoiced March 16th and he received payment two days later.
Thanks for your advice.

wow, ive been reading this thread for the past couple of days.. unbelievable.. i probably dont have any place by saying this, but i wouldn't be surprised if native would have a "lost in the mail" problem... i hope not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sergio Arias</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, ive been reading this thread for the past couple of days.. unbelievable.. i probably dont have any place by saying this, but i wouldn't be surprised if native would have a "lost in the mail" problem... i hope not. </div></div>

Ya thats what worries me when he said USPS doesn't offer tracking.....thats grade A bullshit.

Same tricks other people have been perpetrating on the web for years...lost in mail, dog died, truck broke down, shipped it last week but no tracking number, ingrown toenail, relationship problems, supplier screwed me, two more weeks, etc. It's like a playbook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sergio Arias</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, ive been reading this thread for the past couple of days.. unbelievable.. i probably dont have any place by saying this, but i wouldn't be surprised if native would have a "lost in the mail" problem... i hope not. </div></div>

Ya thats what worries me when he said USPS doesn't offer tracking.....thats grade A bullshit. </div></div>

USPS doesn't offer a tracking number for all types of shipments. Check their website. In fact, I'm dealing with that issue right now with a barrel I sold to a forum member. I feel rather shitty, but he has been patient.

USPS doesn't have tracking numbers? Odd, as Amazon always sends me USPS tracking numbers with my orders.

They have tracking numbers if you opt for Delivery Comformation. That also have insurance to cover the shipper, I hope he used the insurance at least.

Hey guys, "guns shipping" is a whole lot better news than we've had previously. Im gonna stay positive that someone is getting their guns here shortly at least.

I know it ain't me because I haven't paid in full. I'm hoping the guys that have paid in full are the first to receive theirs. Will take that positive proof before I send another dime!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USPS doesn't have tracking numbers? Odd, as Amazon always sends me USPS tracking numbers with my orders. </div></div>

It's not odd. They just don't offer tracking numbers for ALL shipments. Many non-parcel post do have tracking numbers. Go to the website and read up on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have tracking numbers if you opt for Delivery Comformation. That also have insurance to cover the shipper, I hope he used the insurance at least. </div></div>

Exactly.
grin.gif

I dont know about you all but my invoice did not reflect USPS shipping. I paid for UPS or FedEx only for the fact that I wanted tracking numbers so he couldn't pull some shit like "oh it must be lost, sorry". That is way to easy to get out of.... Hold people accountable, guys! After this long the least he can do is offer up UPS or FedEx shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know about you all but my invoice did not reflect USPS shipping. I paid for UPS or FedEx only for the fact that I wanted tracking numbers so he couldn't pull some shit like "oh it must be lost, sorry". That is way to easy to get out of.... Hold people accountable, guys! After this long the least he can do is offer up UPS or FedEx shipping. </div></div>

It sounds as if your invoice specifically says UPS or Fedex?
Mine states "Shipping Packaging and Insurance" $85.00
The original spec here says "Shipping, Handling and Insurance $80.00 (Includes hard case for shipping)"
I did not ask or balk at the extra $5.00 back when I paid in full

I understand your point but frankly IF the rifle arrives via camel back at this point, it's more than what I have right now.
It's not prefect or what I would like of course but I nor you have any control over it, just as with the rest of the build.

I hope yours is on the way KYS338, I cant wait for your review
grin.gif

Guys,

I beseech you to <span style="font-weight: bold">ORDER</span> the man to opt for the level of
service within U.S. Postal Service that <span style="font-weight: bold">DOES include a tra-
cking number!</span> DO NOT authorize him to opt for cheaper
level of service; it will be his excuse that the Postal Ser-
vice lost your rifle. Where are the pics or video?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AdvenJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

I beseech you to <span style="font-weight: bold">ORDER</span> the man to opt for the level of
service within U.S. Postal Service that <span style="font-weight: bold">DOES include a tra-
cking number!</span> DO NOT authorize him to opt for cheaper
level of service; it will be his excuse that the Postal Ser-
vice lost your rifle if it fails to reach you! I am glad to hear
that one has been received by the buyer. Where are the
pics or video? </div></div>

Who has got one?

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know about you all but my invoice did not reflect USPS shipping. I paid for UPS or FedEx only for the fact that I wanted tracking numbers so he couldn't pull some shit like "oh it must be lost, sorry". That is way to easy to get out of.... Hold people accountable, guys! After this long the least he can do is offer up UPS or FedEx shipping. </div></div>

It sounds as if your invoice specifically says UPS or Fedex?
Mine states "Shipping Packaging and Insurance" $85.00
The original spec here says "Shipping, Handling and Insurance $80.00 (Includes hard case for shipping)"
I did not ask or balk at the extra $5.00 back when I paid in full

I understand your point but frankly IF the rifle arrives via camel back at this point, it's more than what I have right now.
It's not prefect or what I would like of course but I nor you have any control over it, just as with the rest of the build.

I hope yours is on the way KYS338, I cant wait for your review
grin.gif

</div></div>

Native, Im not sure about you and how you go about your business... but:

I want and expect to get what I pay for. And after this extreme of a wait the least he needs to be doing is giving us trackable shipping. After 2 years... do you want your investment to "get lost" in the mail?!

KYS338
I dont disagree at all. In fact it's just another red flag as I see it as to how this guy does business. I think it prudent for anybody here on out to demand tracking. Those not paid in full should have some leverage here that I would think they could use.
Mine and possibly others were SUPPOSEDLY shipped before I received that email on friday, not much to do at this point obviously but wait and see.

<span style="font-weight: bold">To another point - Assuming it was sent, it does arrive and isn't lost/stolen/damaged - After all that has gone on, does it seem strange that one might think of having another smith have a looky? Maybe it's me but I'm seriously thinking about that.</span>

I would have no issues paying another gunsmith to look the rifle over before I ever pull the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have no issues paying another gunsmith to look the rifle over before I ever pull the trigger. </div></div>

agreed if your already paying a large x amount of money, why not spend just a tad more to check, especially after all these problems you guys have been having i would assume trust is completely out the window. As we all know.. "better safe than sorry".

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold">I mistook the below post to mean that NATIVE'S rifle was in hand
when I read he opened it up after a long day; that IT'S not perfect,
BUT MORE THAN HE HAD THE DAY BEFORE, AND <span style="color: #FF0000">For those that will
still be waiting, I can only hope that this means the rest will roll out
in short order!!!!!
</span> Sorry to all. It seems native was referring to the e-mail that he opened.
uhhhggg...AND THE IDEA THAT A BUILDER WOULD NOT USE A LEVEL
OF SERVICE THAT INCLUDES A TRACKING NUMBER TO SHIP A RIFLE
IS INSANE; AND SMACKS OF IDIOTIC JUDGEMENT! BUT THAT IS PER-
FECTLY CONSISTANT WITH THIS MAN'S THINKING THUS FAR.</span>

Native are you an FFL dealer? Didn't this rifle as a new purchase need
to be sent to an FFL dealer in your state; since you live in a different
state from the builder? I'd DEMAND from the builder that he scan the
receipt that the post office gave him and e-mail that to you at once.
It will show what he paid and what level of service he purchased for
the money spent. If you get more excuses from him don't be surprised.
DEMAND TO KNOW THE NAME OF THE POST OFFICE AND IT'S ADDRESS.
It may be equipped with video camera's that record. Law enforcement
can check to see if the builder ever went into the place and had a
large item to ship. It wouldn't necessarily show what's in the box but
it's a start.</span> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Not sure what to say other than it's not perfect, but more than what I had yesterday!
For those that will still be waiting, I can only hope that this means the rest will roll out in short order!!!!!
Email from George below:

The rifle went out today Priority mail. So you should see it on Monday or Tuesday. USPS does not have tracking numbers.

It has a Remington safety as I got a failure on testing with the 3 position. The bolt will have to be redesigned to make a 3 position work to my satisfaction and I wont be doing that. So all the rifles will have Remington safeties.

The AICS 5 round magazines do not work with this rifle system so I included a second AW 10 round in its place. The sling will be coming along sometime in the next 30 days. And I owe you two side mounts for the NV mount. I have not made them yet.

Thank you,

George Liechty
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664
801-704-9760

</div></div> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>

Jack, are you a part of this group build? Are you waiting on a rifle?

First I would like to say I am not part of this group buy but I am in a similar situation with a custom rifle getting built. I read the last 4 pages of this and besides legal actions what could be done? After 18 months past delivery date, I asked my builder 2 weeks ago to send the parts to another builder and he declined. Is cancelling the charge payments an option in a case like this?

Thanks and sorry for going off topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First I would like to say I am not part of this group buy but I am in a similar situation with a custom rifle getting built. I read the last 4 pages of this and besides legal actions what could be done? After 18 months past delivery date, I asked my builder 2 weeks ago to send the parts to another builder and he declined. Is cancelling the charge payments an option in a case like this?

Thanks and sorry for going off topic. </div></div>

If it hasn't been more than 60 days yes. Most CC companies give you 60 days to dispute a charge then your screwed.

My son stand tall and strong talk straight and shoot straighter and you will provail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have one of these builds with George so maybe I'm out of line, but if I did and he had my cash I would getting the legal system involved if the August due date comes and goes. He has broken several verbal agreements amd the apparent lack of communication show that he does not conduct proper business practices. How many months should it take to fix the safety's on these rifles? I know he has said he bit off more than he could chew but 2 years...Really! My father builds custom cabinets that are some of the best money could buy, but if we did this to our customers we would be out of business and In front of a judge. If he's got time to build clones that somehow work, he's got time for you guys as well. Bottom line something or someone should correct this total disregard for his customers. My 2 cents gents. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outrider you post again in here and I banning you for a month... you're just stirring the pot where one doesn't need to be stirred.

Knock it off... </div></div>

Let me be clear. Unless you want to be the next wack-a-mole. Stay out of this. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack, are you a part of this group build? Are you waiting on a rifle? </div></div>
No Sir! I am about to retire from 27+ years of police work and
this thread has me angry on the behalf of you guys; whom I
see as victims! That's why I encouraged the idea of getting the
criminal prosecution explored. It's in my blood at this point.
And now that this character has threatened <span style="text-decoration: underline"> <span style="font-weight: bold">THAT</span></span> (C.P.) ag-
ainst one of you who are VICTIMS, I am really cookin'!!!
If you all prefer that I shut up I will. I just want you all to get
what's due you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338 was right
The man has lied consistently and still is, a complete con artist and fraud it would appear.

Below is an email I received late last night after trying to contact the man at what is still his listed phone number on his web site and on this site. It looks as if he has a new location for his business as well as a new phone number.

While threatening to contact law enforcement on me no less, he still has the balls to say he is shipping today or tomorrow.
Weird fucking shit guys
I’m moving forward in a couple of directions, any help/advice/information to help the case would be greatly appreciated in pm's......thanks

First, I am working to get your rifle to you. If I answer the phone and have the same conversation as the day before, i get nothing done.

Second, You are harassing me and my family by calling our cell phone numbers. I don't know how you got my wife's cell phone number, but I view this as threatening behavior. This is the second time that you have done this. Read this law and decide for your self, <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> but I will be contacting Douglas county law enforcement in the morning. </span> </span> </span>

http://www.esia.net/State_Stalking_Laws.htm

Again, your rifle will be shipping out tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you,

George Liechty
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664
801-704-9760
www.precisionshootingsports.com"[/b]

eta: it seems he has a new email address also, at least new to me..fwiw
[email protected]

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Email from George below:

Thank you,

George Liechty
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664
801-704-9760

</div></div>

Let get some good news here boys... C'mon!

Ch

I have received no information of anything shipping to me or my FFL. I am curious to find out if he actually did send anything. But right off that bat, I am going to go with he was blowing smoke as I don't want to get my hopes up.

My guy says it has arrived! It is in a hard case and looks good to the eye
Unfortunately between our 2 schedules it maybe a day or 2 before I can pick it up

No shit! Thats some news right there.. Pics or it didnt happen.. LOL

Ch

Well that is some positive news, Thanks Native for making us wait for 2 more friggin days!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well that is some positive news, Thanks Native for making us wait for 2 more friggin days!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

My bad
grin.gif
Lol

Your rifle shipped out today. It is coming via priority mail. It should be there on Wednesday.

Thank you,

George Liechty
1641 W. Alvey Dr. #1
Mapleton, UT. 84664

To bad I will not be able to pick it up for 45 days at least as I am 1500 miles from the house and the FFL it shipped to.

Wish I knew where I was in the build list
frown.gif
. That's great news rifles are on there way and one was already delivered.
smile.gif

Hopefully clicking on the below link will get you to a few pics/photostream I snapped in a hurry.
I think you did a nice job George! have not put anything down the barrel yet, but impressed so far!
Cant say enough about the way this thing is balanced...sweet
weight is right at 10lb

[img:center]http://flic.kr/ps/cjBgQ[/img]

Yeah it does look sick... Range report PLEASE!

Looks Good. I want to see how it shoots. Native, get on that for us.
I am emailing George to confirm if mine has shipped or is shipping soon, maybe I can get UPS or FedEx delivery. I paid in full so I should be ready to roll.

Fingers Crossed. If these are shooters I am not getting rid of it, been thru a lot to get them in hand. Plus I bought it because it was a SH build. I enjoy the builds but not the wait times and no contact from builder.

Time will tell now.