• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Has anyone received any updates?

Im gonna call him tomorrow asd call him on his self imposed Jan 15th deadline.

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Im gonna call him tomorrow asd call him on his self imposed Jan 15th deadline.

Ch </div></div>

My guess is that none of our rifles has moved an inch from where they were two months ago.

Furthermore, IF you were able to actually speak with him, you got "expected delivery in two months", just like the last time - a broken record....

I do hope I'm wrong.

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is now in. Trying to get some time to take her out.</div></div>

So how does yours shot and function? Any pic's?

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiteTac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Test_Fire_023.jpg

Test_Fire_025.jpg

Test_Fire_016.jpg
</div></div>

Can someone give me the colors for this stock and percentages? Looks like desert camo with OD and dark green.

Also is the cerakote pictured coyote tan?

I really like this stock color for my build.

Thanks

Could be a custom camo pattern or a variant of Italian camo

Looks like a GAP pattern but 5 or 6 colors.

I see light tan, med tan, and dark tan. OD green and I think Forrest green.

Cerakote is either FDE or Coyote Tan, probably Coyote.

If you call McM, they should know. Just tell them the original was built for George at PSS.

I think olive, dark/forest green. Plus perhaps white, light tan, and medium tan.

Why is it that almost everywhere you go on the Hide, it is "buy the GAP you won't be disappointed". It just seems like most of the people on this forum are huge GAP supporters, are their rifles really that good? Why would anyone want to buy a rifle from a company that took 2 plus years to get? Obviously there is a lot of bad blood on this thread----not trying to start any shit, just curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ckmcm308uso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that almost everywhere you go on the Hide, it is "buy the GAP you won't be disappointed". It just seems like most of the people on this forum are huge GAP supporters, are their rifles really that good? Why would anyone want to buy a rifle from a company that took 2 plus years to get? Obviously there is a lot of bad blood on this thread----not trying to start any shit, just curious. </div></div>

Seriously?! Usually when people are saying "I'm not trying to stir up shit" it's because they know it WILL stir the shit.

How were we to know that it would take this bum 2 years to build a rifle?
I am a huge fan of GAP, they actually worked on my 09 build to get it functioning properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ckmcm308uso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that almost everywhere you go on the Hide, it is "buy the GAP you won't be disappointed". <span style="font-weight: bold">It just seems like most of the people on this forum are huge GAP supporters, are their rifles really that good? Why would anyone want to buy a rifle from a company that took 2 plus years to get? </span>Obviously there is a lot of bad blood on this thread----not trying to start any shit, just curious. </div></div><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">This rifle "build" was <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span> put on by GAP/GA Precision.</span> Try reading about what you are commenting on before you type.

Sorry my bad! I assumed it was George from GAP, looked closer and should not assume!

Gap actually offered to complete the build and were turned down in their offer to get this done.

GAP is the only one who ever did this stuff right, and on time. This has queerest the site's builds so bad the odds of ever doing one again are slim to none, but if we do, GAP is the only choice.

I think GAP would probably be the only one who could pull it off. (I say this because they have so many smiths, not because I don't think anyone else couldnt do it)

300 WSM on Bighorn Action 22" fluted Brux barrel that's been cryo'd and sitting in a new Manners folder sounds like a great SH build

Discuss amongst yourselves
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gap actually offered to complete the build and were turned down in their offer to get this done. </div></div>

Zero skin in the game, but that sentence seems to speak volumes about the whole situation...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GAP would probably be the only one who could pull it off. (I say this because they have so many smiths, not because I don't think anyone else couldnt do it)

300 WSM on Bighorn Action 22" fluted Brux barrel that's been cryo'd and sitting in a new Manners folder sounds like a great SH build

smile.gif
</div></div>

Marc from Spartan Precision Rifles did a club build for NCPPRC, and it was done quickly. All the rifles shoot 1/4 moa, and everyone is very satisfied with the results and the price.

I like the idea of a 300 WSM, however the Seekins AR rifles are really cool, and would be different. The Bighorn actions work well, but only load from a magazine. This is not so good for a 300 WSM rifle that could be used for hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GAP would probably be the only one who could pull it off. (I say this because they have so many smiths, not because I don't think anyone else couldnt do it)

smile.gif
</div></div>

Marc from Spartan Precision Rifles did a club build for NCPPRC, and it was done quickly. All the rifles shoot 1/4 moa, and everyone is very satisfied with the results and the price.

I like the idea of a 300 WSM, however the Seekins AR rifles are really cool, and would be different. The Bighorn actions work well, but only load from a magazine. This is not so good for a 300 WSM rifle that could be used for hunting. </div></div>

I wasn't aware we were a hunting site now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GAP would probably be the only one who could pull it off. (I say this because they have so many smiths, not because I don't think anyone else couldnt do it)

smile.gif
</div></div>

Any decent smith/company could do it if he had his priorities right and informed his customers frequently and truthfully.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GAP would probably be the only one who could pull it off. (I say this because they have so many smiths, not because I don't think anyone else couldnt do it)

smile.gif
</div></div>

I like the idea of a 300 WSM, however the Seekins AR rifles are really cool, and would be different. The Bighorn actions work well, but only load from a magazine. This is not so good for a 300 WSM rifle that could be used for hunting.</div></div>

The Bighorn sporter action can be top loaded and used with a bdl style bottom metal.

Any one seen the adds for aztek arms on the 6mmbr site, wonder if they know the status with George.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think GAP would probably be the only one who could pull it off. (I say this because they have so many smiths, not because I don't think anyone else couldnt do it)

smile.gif
</div></div>

I like the idea of a 300 WSM, however the Seekins AR rifles are really cool, and would be different. The Bighorn actions work well, but only load from a magazine. This is not so good for a 300 WSM rifle that could be used for hunting.</div></div>

The Bighorn sporter action can be top loaded and used with a bdl style bottom metal. </div></div>

I just checked their website, and noticed that the Tactical cannot be top loaded, but the Sporter can. Personally I believe that if they had an integral top rail, they could have a larger ejection port, allowing top loading on the Tactical. This would be like a Surgeon, only better.

s

Any body recognize this fool?? Looks like maybe one of your rifles was on display?? I was kind enough to let some of the unsuspecting customers know of his rediculous lead times and piss poor cutomer service.

2012-02-11_12-16-45_787.jpg

I stopped by as well. Asked him where the rest of the rifles where, very loudly. Many people asked me what I was talking about. I told them....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped by as well. Asked him where the rest of the rifles where, very loudly. Many people asked me what I was talking about. I told them.... </div></div>

How did he respond?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped by as well. Asked him where the rest of the rifles where, very loudly. Many people asked me what I was talking about. I told them.... </div></div>

laugh.gif

Totally one of the builds, what a doof!!! Has enough money for a booth and advertising but can't finish building paid for rifles, which is his job... Makes me so mad thinking about it and I don't even have one ordered/ waiting. TOOL!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped by as well. Asked him where the rest of the rifles where, very loudly. Many people asked me what I was talking about. I told them.... </div></div>

How did he respond? </div></div>

He avoided the question and tried to get to another person ASAP, to look busy. It told this one guy not to even bother with him, I said of all the honest hard working smiths out there.... Aztec Arms had none of them.

Wow. As many times as I've seen whats happened in this thread, somehow every now and then I still get surprised by what this guy has done/is doing to you guys and your money.

It's so f__cked up.

[/quote]

Ok this is bs! Two of those stocks look EXACTLY like the build stocks! WTF???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Ok this is bs! Two of those stocks look EXACTLY like the build stocks! WTF??? [/quote]

Pretty sure the one between the Tan and Desert camo is one of the SH Builds. Even has the AAC Muzzle brake which I believe was offered on it.

I step away from this thread for a while as I get a headache everytime I read the status of folks rifles and the "builder". Not suprised one bit but what I see everytime.

Just crazy..........

Check out the uncomfortable look on his face, hahahaha you can tell he's like 'oh shit'

Im surprised he had the nerve to show up at SHOT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. As many times as I've seen whats happened in this thread, somehow every now and then I still get surprised by what this guy has done/is doing to you guys and your money.

<span style="font-weight: bold">It's so f__cked up.</span> </div></div>

+1...wish I had something more to add but that works for me also.
Seems there is not enough justice/karma that could be served out here but I sure as hell pray for it whenever I look at this thread.

Karma?

Wait till someone searches for Aztec Arms and they come read this thread....

Haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karma?

Haha. </div></div>

I just googled "Aztec Arms" and unfortunately this thread does not show up in the first 5 pages of results.

Seems to be turning into another HD Rifles fiasco all over again. I feel for all of you who are waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karma?

Haha. </div></div>

I just googled "Aztec Arms" and unfortunately this thread does not show up in the first 5 pages of results. </div></div>

Probably because he did the name change 3/4 of the way thru his build timeline...

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Seems like this guy should be in jail</span></span>

This might be another empty promise, but this is what I got in response to my last query about the status of my rifle...

"I am working through the last rifles of the build and expect to be shipping
them throughout the month of February and and the first two weeks of March.
I will contact you with a firm ship date in the next 2 weeks."

Guess we'll see...

CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robozebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This might be another empty promise, but this is what I got in response to my last query about the status of my rifle...

"I am working through the last rifles of the build and expect to be shipping
them throughout the month of February and and the first two weeks of March.
I will contact you with a firm ship date in the next 2 weeks."

Guess we'll see...

CWJ</div></div>

I would set a March 15th Date then those who have not received any rifle or response, especially if you told 1 more month, etc, should pm their contact information.

Might be time to take stronger steps collectively, especially in light of the new company.

Was the previous company a LLC? Scorp? If so, one thing to watch out for is to make sure that he hasn't simply positioned himself to allow his previous company to declare bankruptcy.

This guy is the biggest crook I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. He is full of shit and constantly lies to take all responsibility off his shoulders.

If you all were to UNITE and file a suit together he would have no option but to turn over property or money.... or let his credit take a dive when your joint suit goes to court.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"2 more weeks"...

Ch </div></div>

3 weeks (and counting...).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was the previous company a LLC? Scorp? If so, one thing to watch out for is to make sure that he hasn't simply positioned himself to allow his previous company to declare bankruptcy. </div></div>

I hate to spoil the surprise, but according to my investigation of the UT state records, the business license for "Precision Shooting Sports, Inc." expired due to failure to renew on 07/06/2009. Aztek Arms, Inc. license wasn't effective until 08/22/2011. Basically, he had no valid business license the whole time we sent our money to him.... I do not have the cancelled USPS MOs, but he signed my personal checks (no stamp endorsement).

In addition, even if there was a bankruptcy action, if he did not include our debts in the action, they are still valid.

The way I see it, he has/had no corporate protection, and is personally responsible for these debts....

And yes, I think he has his hand on one of our SHR builds in that photo. It isn't mine, as I didn't order the AAC MB....

Bill

Anybody had an attorney draft a letter to this guy?

Good things come to those who wait but for fuck's sake, if you got yourself in over your head be a man and cop to it and let GA Precision clean up your mess instead of stringing folks along for over 2 years.

Don't know much about this, but from experience with LSR llc don't let it go any longer. Send him an ultimatum letter, and when he does not deliver seek legal action before something goes bad and he files for bankruptcy and you are out money and parts.

I was to nice and patient with my build and i paid the price, there is certainly a point where enough is enough.

My attorney wrote him two letters. When he did not comply we went to seek a long arm judgement against him in my home town. His local law had to serve him the paperwork.

Everyone still involved in the build should have letters written then take his ass to court. Sad to say that is the only way you will get what is owed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good things come to those who wait but for fuck's sake, if you got yourself in over your head be a man and cop to it and let GA Precision clean up your mess instead of stringing folks along for over 2 years. </div></div>

I would try and say something, but gentleman above sums my thoughts up rather well. This shit makes my head hurt. I feel for every single one of you guys. I certainly hope at some point you receive what you have rightfully paid for. After 3 years(?) of watching this thread from the getgo of when the Build was announced and waiting for results from the rifles, I just feel compelled to say something. Good luck to you guys. You're all far more patient individuals than I think I ever could be.