• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

lol So the guy who bought it off of KYS didn't want it either.

I's not that I don't want it or don't like it. I'm just not going to use it much. 18.5'' barrel isn't ideal for a match gun so I don't need it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI KYS338's 09 SH rifle is up for sale in the classifieds.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2949126#Post2949126 </div></div>

You should correct that.... it's not mine anymore. I traded it to bward. </div></div>

Ops I meant to say Kys old rifle. It's fixed now!

ok I just shot it. I ran about 30 rounds through it and every single round ejected. It does not hurl them, but it does work fine. It is 44ish here today with 45% humdity. I tried 3 factory loads, BH, SW Ammo, Corbon. All averaged right at 2600, BH being the slowest, the Corbon, and SW was the fastest. Best group at 100 was easy 1/2 moa measuring the edge to edge of the hole. Action feel alittle tight, I lubed the bolt up to break it in, I think its the creacote making it tight.

any more shooting? Sounds like he might have got the ejection figured out.

Ch

Ran through about 30 rounds today no ejection issues at all

It loves the corbon lapua factory load

Looks like they have their new website up!! Aztek Arms

Hope the rest of the guns get out soon...

Looks like things have turned around for George. He has 28 rifles listed as ready to ship. I find this a bit amazing considering the past.

A question for those of you that have received you SH build rifle; does your rifle feed by ramming the point of the cartridge bullet against the bottom steeply angled feed ramp?
Does it distort the tips of the bullets?
I noted my rifle did this and wondered if any of the others do as well.

Things will turn around when he finishes what he started. Hos can he have built other rifles and not completed these? How many out of what? 15? 3?4? BS

Ch

I should have clarified, that number is <span style="font-weight: bold">according</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">to his website.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like things have turned around for George. He has 28 rifles listed as ready to ship. I find this a bit amazing considering the past.

A question for those of you that have received you SH build rifle; does your rifle feed by ramming the point of the cartridge bullet against the bottom steeply angled feed ramp?
Does it distort the tips of the bullets?
I noted my rifle did this and wondered if any of the others do as well. </div></div>

No problems AND NO distortion here [.260]
I've got 417 rds down it now.
Gained about 85 fps since about 150-200
Little bitty holes with my pets running 2664-2685 fps
Feed and functions absolutely flawless

Not much else to say except I hope this is done SOON!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Native what is the load you are using? </div></div>

I've used 4350/RL17/4831sc with a mix of Scenar/VLD/SMK/Amax
Probably no surprise here but the VLD and Amax shoots VERY well
SMK's shoot lights out but the Scenar seems to gravitate to the same hole, even with your eyes shut.
Put those on top of a fondness for 4831sc at 47.3 - 47.9 slightly compressed and I'm a happy camper.

I talked with George today, He said the "realistic" goal of getting my rifle done is by January 15th. We shall see.

Ch

Maybe he can just give you one of the "completed" builds he has sitting around.... You'd have it by Christmas....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I talked with George today, He said the "realistic" goal of getting my rifle done is by January 15th. We shall see.

Ch </div></div>

Only the Lord deserves a capitalized "He", and George certainly doesn't qualify.

I know which way I'd bet on that "realistic" goal (and it would be easy money), he's been telling me "two months" everytime I speak with him for over a year and a half. Guess he's too busy working on new action designs and building OPRs (other people's rifles).

Merry Christmas,

Bill

sounds like GAP is goin to be doin alot of cleanup work on these guns

2012, Who would have ever thought that only 3 or 4 ? rifles have been delivered..

Patience is truly a painful virtue.

Happy New Years folks.

Ch

It's got nothing to do with patience!! This is such BS!!

My hands are tied, Im gonna make a road trip If I have to.. 14 hours aint THAT bad..

Ch

I would meet you there as I really want to see what this clown has to say about his actions, or lack there of.

chansen you're over your PM limit, when I get back in office this afternoon I'll PM you!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robozebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reportedly there are 8 more rifles completed and being sent. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear mine is one of them... I guess we'll see in the next few days if that report is true. Hopefully this is good news for the rest of us too.

CWJ </div></div>

When I called in early December 2011, George was not there, but the fellow who answered the phone said that "two-thirds of the order is going out this week". I wondered, WHOSE orders????

Maybe the "eight going out" was just another lie in a long string of BS?

From what I can gether from replies to this thread, only four (4) members have received their rifles:

Fastford
KYS338
native
mclevela

And these members are still waiting:

DAGSTA
chansen49
Robozebra
Jeep Chimp
TBass
Outrider
WRM

That totals only 11 of 15 ordered, so I know I'm missing some. Please feel free to add/correct as necessary. And I'd be interested to find out if the above mentioned eight rifles ever "surfaced"?

Cheers,

Bill

Guys,
The only way your going to get these in a decent amount of time is to get the courts involved. Let the situation be known.

I did it and so have others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robozebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reportedly there are 8 more rifles completed and being sent. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear mine is one of them... I guess we'll see in the next few days if that report is true. Hopefully this is good news for the rest of us too.

CWJ </div></div>

When I called in early December 2011, George was not there, but the fellow who answered the phone said that "two-thirds of the order is going out this week". I wondered, WHOSE orders????

Maybe the "eight going out" was just another lie in a long string of BS?

From what I can gether from replies to this thread, only four (4) members have received their rifles:

Fastford
KYS338
native
mclevela

DAGSTA
chansen49
Robozebra
Jeep Chimp
TBass
Outrider
WRM

That totals only 11 of 15 ordered, so I know I'm missing some. Please feel free to add/correct as necessary. And I'd be interested to find out if the above mentioned eight rifles ever "surfaced"?

Cheers,

Bill </div></div>

I had an action on order with George, from somewhat over a year ago. I ended up finishing the build with a Surgeon RSR. Yesterday I asked for a refund. I paid $500 December 1, 2010.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did you get your refund?
</div></div>

I only asked on Wednesday, so not yet. If I do receive a refund within a few weeks I would be pleased.

Thanks, Chiller. Looking forward to an excellent range report!

Updated - recieved:

Fastford
KYS338
native
mclevela
Chiller

Dagsta
chansen49
Robozebra
Jeep Chimp
TBass
Outrider
WRM
Desert Monkey(?)
Frank/LL(?)

If correct, that's 14/15 accounted for?

Bill

Yes still waiting... Less than patiently!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is now in. Trying to get some time to take her out. </div></div>

Chiller, Did YOU have to use the law to get yours? And your is or isnt a SH build?

Ch

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

I am still waiting. Sent him a PM a few days ago and No Responce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredjake1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am still waiting. Sent him a PM a few days ago and No Responce. </div></div>

You wont get a response

Good morning Gang,

This should have the current status based on latest input.

Recieved:

Fastford
KYS338
native
mclevela
Chiller

Dagsta
chansen49
Robozebra
Jeep Chimp
TBass
Outrider
WRM
colodog
MASTERPLUMBER
fredjake1
CSTACTICAL
Desert Monkey(?)
Frank/LL(?)

Plus c1steve's SS Apex action
And ChrisF's VR-1 actions

I sure don't see any evidence that eight of our rifles went out early December, so I'm thinking that my previous assumption that it was for a different order may have been correct?...

Thank you all for the input - I just wanted to get an idea of where we are at with this thing. Looks like we still have a long way to go....

Bill

On my action, I was actually waiting for a new version to come out in stainless steel. George told me it would be a few months, so I did not really have it on order. I ran out of time and went with a Surgeon, but this is not George's fault.

I am still waiting on a number of VR-1 actions , that where fully paid for at the start of this build .

George said to me , about end of Feb , we will see .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my action, I was actually waiting for a new version to come out in stainless steel. George told me it would be a few months, so I did not really have it on order. I ran out of time and went with a Surgeon, but this is not George's fault.
</div></div>

Interesting. It looks like he has "abandoned" the Apex actions in favor of his new Axis "T" series. I saw no reference to the Apex actions (CM or SS) on the new website.

Bill