• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine has been paid in full for a year </div></div>

Same here - #14....

Bill

Hopefully the "early adopters" will give George a chance to work out the bugs and the rest of us will get rifles that work well from the start.

I could definitely be in a worse position. He only has half of my money.

Congrats to the guys that have their rifles. Sounds like the revisions are going well and fixing the issues.

CWJ

Guys, I feel like I need to update you all:
George has changed his information:

George Liechty

Aztek Arms
1641 W. Alvey Drive
Unit 1
Mapleton, Utah 84664

Phone: 801-704-9760
www.aztekarms.com

I wish he would come on the site and just be a normal guy/gunsmith..

Ch

Guys,
If you are having a hard time with your rifle extracting, ejecting, or the smoothness of the operation. They guys at GAP have really improved the function of mine. I took it there today and personally watched them modify it. The 308's shouldn't have any problems but if you have a sub caliber you should consider sending them in. My action is noticeably smoother and will throw brass 4 feet in a nice little pile.

Well mine had trouble extracting because the lugs were thicker then the cartridge itself, mine is chambered in 6.5CM. So he went in and rounded the edges of the action to make it smoother operation. He also added a Sako style extractor to the bolt along with the factory one for more ejection power and consitency. Now, I know most probably wont require this but I felt a proper inspection and once over was needed to figure out why I was having issues in that department. It made a huge difference and the rifle cycles and extracts perfectly now. Combined with 120gr Hornady Amax ammo this is going to be a nice little shooter.

No, nothing here. George did tell me mine would be ready at the end of October...Seems weird, he's never missed a delivery date....

I can only hope that he is addressing the minor issues that were brought to his attention after sending out 2 of the rifles.... I am still anxiously waiting!

Id rather get a rifle! It shouldn't have to be push and shove for gawds sake.

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ch </div></div>

Clearly you are not seeing the pattern here.... you will not get that rifle unless you do so with persistence and possibly some forceful actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ch </div></div>

No doubt! but I'll have to agree with KYS338 here....shove back or get run over at this point it would seem

I'm sure George can put one on your bolt if you want.....of course, it may take a year or two, or three.

this post is like a horror story. hope it works out for everyone. the stock has a very unique color.

Damn I would have loved to been able to get in on this build looks like a very sharp system fellas even though this post is 2 years after the build +1 anyway

I think he's hoping y'all will forget about them...

It is funny when you think about the pictures that got posted awhile back....there were 3 rifles pretty close to being finished.....and then months after months later 3 people finally got theirs I believe.

Yet since then....no one else has gotten anything..........

I'm not sure about funny, but I know it's sad... And frustrating... It appears that those three got their rifles via force. I'm going to hold off from legal action until first of the year. If I don't receive word by then, I may start down the path those other guys took. Looks like the only way any of us are going to receive anything is by force... I find it hard to believe this guy is still in business...

CWJ

Slay me or whatever...
Hard for me to fathom how the op has not paid a visit and crawled in someone's ass long ago.
confused.gif

Yep it is odd.... I had to resort to legal matters to get this guy to even talk to me. When he saw that this lawsuit would affect his credit he started communicating thru email. He changed locations and the name of his company to escape what is happening here, that's pretty clear.

Posting in this thread is like setting my DVR to record my favorite man soap opera.

Problem is, there is no guarantee on Money Orders.. Nothing at all about being protected..

Ch

Someone should call him and ask how he bought that new shop location....
Or why he couldnt pay Batlein for the barrels he ordered, he paid for 6 to get the other half of the money from completed rifles do he could finish out the rest. He delayed on the stocks for MONTHS.

The list goes on guys. Get a lawyer and go after him and his credit. That is the only way you will get your property. This has gone on FAR to long, over 2 years.

KYS, I know I gave you a hard time before and I now apologize. This guy is crooked!

Y'all def should go after him and his new business!

Reportedly there are 8 more rifles completed and being sent. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear mine is one of them... I guess we'll see in the next few days if that report is true. Hopefully this is good news for the rest of us too.

CWJ

He has a business partner now, who put up the money to improve his shop and to help get him back on track. George has made some significant mistakes using deposits to pay back bills.

He would have been far ahead using the 2009 build deposits to pay for half of the stocks, half the barrels, and half of the actions. He could have completed half the builds, and used the incoming payments to finish the rest. George has some great ideas on action design.

I have something on order from him, and am waiting like the rest of you. One mistake I see him doing is answering the telephone when he is in the middle of machining. His efficiency must be very low, running the shop that way. Most likely he will learn from all these mistakes, and things will be smoother in the future.

-c1steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has a business partner now, who put up the money to improve his shop and to help get him back on track. George has made some significant mistakes using deposits to pay back bills.

He would have been far ahead using the 2009 build deposits to pay for half of the stocks, half the barrels, and half of the actions. He could have completed half the builds, and used the incoming payments to finish the rest. George has some great ideas on action design.

I have something on order from him, and am waiting like the rest of you. One mistake I see him doing is answering the telephone when he is in the middle of machining. His efficiency must be very low, running the shop that way. Most likely he will learn from all these mistakes, and things will be smoother in the future.

-c1steve </div></div>

Who in their right mind would ever use this guy now.

Maybe his new partner can pay Euro Optics for the scope he has had for quite a while....

Im going to make up T-shirts for SHOT show.. Any input on what should be on them? Like "have you seen my SH 09 rifle"? Or Has anyone received work from so and so?

Ch

Im going to make up T-shirts for SHOT show.. Any input on what should be on them? Like "have you seen my SH 09 rifle"? Or Has anyone received work from so and so?

Ch </div></div>

I don't have a rifle in this but make those t-shirts with caution. while you might think it's a joke (and a funny one at that) it is nothing short of business disparagement and while this guy may have given you all good reason to be angry, to go after him for collections, etc... that's a small price compared to a lawsuit in which he can demonstrate you disparaged his business and it impacted potential sales. Simply put a move like that could negate any goodness from the legitimate lawsuit you all have at your fingertips against him.

I would honestly suggest those with rifles keep quiet from this day forward and just file suit. this thread will be part of his counsels discovery process and you can already bet any legal representation he gets will already try to counter sue with a disparagement libel and slander suit just to offset damages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GUYS!

Mine is here it is in my hands, there is hope!!! </div></div>

And you didn't post pics? ;P

Hows the feel of the action? Can it/will it chamber rounds? Eject them and all?

I guess that is good news.
Ch

i have not tried yet! Action is pretty smooth. Tolerances are pretty tight though.Sick little one last night kept me from playin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have not tried yet! Action is pretty smooth. Tolerances are pretty tight though.Sick little one last night kept me from playin. </div></div>

Fastford – Let me clarify that I do not have kids, nor do I plan to have kids; however, I thought the solution to a sick kid was two Benadryl and a shot of Nyquil (just kidding).

On a serious note I am anxious to hear a range report.

lol! sometimes it works sometimes that doesnt!

as soon as i can get free ill do it!