• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

2012 build? Hope these rifles are hammers for all of you. They look nice from what has been pictured

What a huge cluster fu?k
It took me 2 hours to read this thread........
I feel for the organizers.....no good deed goes unpunished

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ClintB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a huge cluster fu?k

</div></div>

Your probably a speed reader!
'organizers" jumped ship some time ago on this "cluster fu?k"
Cant argue the rest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ClintB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a huge cluster fu?k

</div></div>
The only thing that has been organized about it is invoicing and receiving of funds.

I hope all you guys involved get what you paid for, regardless of the wait.

I have no dog in this, but having been the victim of good intentions gone bad on a number of occasions, this sure feels creepy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ClintB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a huge cluster fu?k

</div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">The only thing that has been organized about it is invoicing and receiving of funds.</span> </div></div>

Sadly, that is so true.

Anybody get any good news about rifles being shipped?

T- minus 10

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

What <span style="font-style: italic">what?</span> Just T-minus 10... <span style="font-weight: bold">AND</span> counting..

Im really disgusted with this. At some point someone has to be accountable for taking money and not delivering the goods..

Carry on..

CH

No, I'm with you! I'm in on this just like you! I was just wondering t-10 days, 10 minutes, 10 whatever.... I just thought maybe my rifle was gonna be hand delivered by Megan Fox in 10 days or something....

Knock, knock.

I feel for you guys that paid. That is a long wait. On the other hand, I also feel for the gunsmith, as this may ruin his reputation in the industry as a custom gunsmith. Good luck to both of you. Wit that said,....

ibtl00183f-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What <span style="font-style: italic">what?</span> Just T-minus 10... <span style="font-weight: bold">AND</span> counting..

<span style="color: #FF0000">Im really disgusted with this. At some point someone has to be accountable for taking money and not delivering the goods..</span>

Carry on..

CH

</div></div>

Well there needs to be a for sure set deadline or he needs to be returning money. This is absurd

Was he sick or disabled ? Was there a death in the family ?How large of staff does this gunsmith have ,or was this gun smith a one man operation ?

Iron Worker your signature line pretty much sums up everything since the final invoice was sent to the buyers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not been sent anything, no invoice nothing,..

CH </div></div>

This is strange. How many have been invoiced and paid for the last half of the build?

Perhaps some one should contact the Chamber of Commerce of that city,or the police. I mean 25 buyers at $3350 bucks ! Were talking $80,000+ bucks ! Surely there needs to be some face to face accountability ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Road Trip? </div></div>

Trust me, I was this <> close
I guess I'll wait it out, only because I have no choice at this point.

Late night yesterday I was provided and received evidence of MY build.
Suffice it to say it is mine and not another, it is close to completion but safety is still not worked out and details were not provided.

Dont think I'm happy about it, because I'm not.
This experience has left me very sour BUT
Both of my boys are home this weekend! Best fathers day present I could have.
Happy Pops day to you all!

Wow, tough read, this thread. Only thing worse would be to be involved with this SH 2009-2011 build and also be waiting in the dark on the SS 5-20 group buy!

Has anyone actually recieved their rifle? Or have seen pictures of one?

If yes, could you post them here.

CH

Sounds like native at least got proof of life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like native at least got proof of life. </div></div>

Yes, I did get proof of life.
Pictures are just like what was posted on page 9, but with different stock, yes my gun and spec.
<span style="font-weight: bold">When</span> I have the gun in hand and completed, I'll certainly post my own pic.

I did get some follow up on the safety fwiw..

<span style="font-weight: bold">"I am striving to perfect the 3 position safety. I converted a couple of rifles to a remington style as the customers were tired of waiting. I am close to completing the 3 pos. safety to my satisfaction. I would prefer to install the 3 pos. safety as that was the original build spec."</span>

For what ever the reasons Geroge has chosen to not visit here.
I dont understand or agree with that, but whatever....he has and does take phone calls during business hours and or will return the call in short order it seems.

George Liechty
Precision Shooting Sports Inc.
801-602-5776
Mon-Fri 9-5

Noob alert!!perhaps the wrong place to post... but how do I post a pic of my build on my profile when I post things or otherwise??

No, you've come to the right place... All these folks that have been waiting almost two years for their rifles should be more than willing to help you out
smirk.gif

There is a thread here somewhere called "How to post PIX"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeroDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, tough read, this thread. Only thing worse would be to be involved with this SH 2009-2011 build and also be waiting in the dark on the SS 5-20 group buy! </div></div>

WTF are you talking about? The SS buy has been anything but dark, up front and clear.

This is crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I bet many of you could have gone to gunsmithing school, graduated, and built your own rifles by now.

Reactions: Bender

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I bet many of you could have gone to gunsmithing school, graduated, and built your own rifles <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">and rebarreled </span></span>by now. </div></div>

Has anyone received any new updates?
I have tried calling a couple times and left messages plus one email message but have not received anything back.
Last update I received was last week of May and told it would "ship next week".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone received any new updates?
I have tried calling a couple times and left messages plus one email message but have not received anything back.
Last update I received was last week of May and told it would "ship next week". </div></div>

That's his famous line. He has been saying that for 20+ months!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw on Facebook his wife had a baby this week, so I don't he will be around until after the 4th. </div></div>

Hope all is well with Mom and Baby! George
Course I guess you could of had a couple more since starting this build
wink.gif

I have a headache now after skimming through the pages. In concept it all made sense but wow this is crazy out of hand.

Great looking package once they get done though, good luck guys!

This is the first snipers hide build that I participated in and I was wondering, is there a way out? Things have changed at work and I need money more than I need the rifle. I was hoping to already have it so I could try and sell it and since it's been paid in full for some time now, I'm not exactly sure about what I can do, if anything, besides wait until I get it and try to sell it.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Craig

You might try posting it for sale here in the classifieds. I would think some one would purchase and garnished the benefit of not having to wait to long for it.

Thanks mclevela for the suggestion but I don't have enough posts to put a firearm up for sale in the Classifieds section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craig_m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks mclevela for the suggestion but I don't have enough posts to put a firearm up for sale in the Classifieds section. </div></div>

Perhaps PM a mod or LL and ask for permission, they might make an exception in this case for obvious reasons... worth a shot.

I contacted George, hopefully I'll hear back something from him soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craig_m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks mclevela for the suggestion but I don't have enough posts to put a firearm up for sale in the Classifieds section. </div></div>
What caliber is yours? maybe we could work something out
wink.gif

I got mine in two calibers, .308 and 6.5mm Creedmor. I also paid for:

AAC Quick detach muzzle brake
Additional AW magazines
Forward NV mount with Rails at 12,3 and 9 o-clock. Finished to match rifle.

Its nice to hear some ones got something , I am in this to the tune of 7K , and have not heard a thing in close to a year .

Later Chris