• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any update as to the progress George?
</div></div>

Last we heard he was hoping to ship them out middle or end of March. Why don't you stop breathing down his back?

I have had customers like you in the past, but got rid of them asap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any update as to the progress George?
</div></div>

Last we heard he was hoping to ship them out middle or end of March. Why don't you stop breathing down his back?

I have had customers like you in the past, but got rid of them asap.
</div></div>

No one put a quarter in your slot. Im not breathing down his back. Asking for a simple update if he had any, and when he checked the forum. Im not calling him or emailing. Leaving a casual message.

The stocks are here and I am putting the rifles together.
[img:center]
SHR_2009_Parts_004.jpg
[/img]

SHR_2009_Parts_002.jpg
[/img]

SHR_2009_Parts_003.jpg

Stock color swirl is different.... I like it! Excited to see the final product.
laugh.gif

George - thanks for snapping a few pictures for us!

Very nice George! Thanks for the pics
grin.gif

That stock color is wicked good looking.
I love that action, can't wait to shoot it.

Thanks George

Wish I would have been on here early enough to get in on this build. One of these in 6.5 would be a fantastic multi use rifle.

Oh well, can't win em all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I would have been on here early enough to get in on this build. One of these in 6.5 would be a fantastic multi use rifle.

Oh well, can't win em all. </div></div>

Pretty sure he had a coupe that were not spoken for... yet.

I did the final count. As of today there are 6 available for order.

I am doing the paper work right now for those that have ordered. I will email the final configuration as of our last contact. Please look it over and verify that it is correct, and get back to me. If I don't have your email for some reason, I will PM you, but will need email for you to receive the final build sheet.

LiteTac said:
The stocks are here and I am putting the rifles together.
SHR_2009_Parts_004.jpg
[/img]

That's a hardcore looking action! Whats the piece on the right side?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a bedding block that matches up with the 3 lugs in the front of the action. </div></div>

Oh ok, thanks

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Yes, I would like to know where we are!!!

I just talked to George. He said the first five are expceted to ship next tuesday, and he hoped to have all done and shipped by middle of May

Thanks for the update Fastford!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just talked to George. He said the first five are expceted to ship next tuesday, and he hoped to have all done and shipped by middle of May </div></div>

Does he have pictures ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just talked to George. He said the first five are expceted to ship next tuesday, and he hoped to have all done and shipped by middle of May </div></div>

I guess, we shall see
I got an email with invoice requesting the rest of funds and ffl paper.
The email said <span style="font-weight: bold">"Your rifle will be completed in the next 10-14 days"</span>
Of course I follow up on my end immediately with his request.
That was a 1 1/2 months ago
confused.gif

Checking back with him last week he said <span style="font-weight: bold">"it should ship middle of next week" </span>that being this week.

SOB better shoot
grin.gif

My PM said he expected to ship my rifle by this week. I am hopeful!
I hope these rifles turn out to be hammers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My PM said he expected to ship my rifle by this week. I am hopeful!
I hope these rifles turn out to be hammers. </div></div>

Having Owned 3 of his rifles, I think you have little to worry about
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My PM said he expected to ship my rifle by this week. I am hopeful!
I hope these rifles turn out to be hammers. </div></div>

Having Owned 3 of his rifles, I think you have little to worry about
smile.gif
</div></div>

I am excited to test it out. I've talked to others that own his rifles, heard great things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any pictures? </div></div>

Seriously?

Scroll up.

He probably meant any pics that weren't almost 2 months old.

An "almost assembled rifle"? A barreled action? Any kind of bone is better than none.. Scraps even...

Just sayin.

Id much rather he get the rifles done then be behind a camera.....

just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id much rather he get the rifles done then be behind a camera.....

just sayin' </div></div>

It only takes 10 minutes to snap a couple shots and post them up... This build is going on 20 months... Even if it takes an extra day on delivery to spend a few minutes providing daily updates, that day is a drop in the bucket compared to 20 months....

Except for concept rifle photos, we really only have one set of photos of the build - the components, and that was posted two months ago.

I'd like to see updates/photos at every "milestone" - first barreled action, a row of barreled actions, first barrel marking, and especially the first completed rifle - along with the test target. And I hope that test target is fantastic, and I hope that it's for rifle number 14
wink.gif

We haven't received a status report in two months - where are we? I'd sure like to see some significant progress.

Thanks,

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd like to see updates/photos at every "milestone" - first barreled action, a row of barreled actions, first barrel marking, and especially the first completed rifle - along with the test target </div></div>

crazy.gif
<span style="font-weight: bold">LOL</span>
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd like to see updates/photos at every "milestone" - first barreled action, a row of barreled actions, first barrel marking, and especially the first completed rifle - along with the test target </div></div>

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
</div></div>

It's really not too much to ask, he's obviously doing them all in stages, it's not like it's one at a time. Laying 15 barreled actions on the table for a family picture would take like 10 minutes. Then maybe a picture of the SH Build engraving of just one of them would be another 5 minutes.

I don't fault the guy for being behind schedule, that happens. But you can stop a lot of the criticism before it starts with some quick and simple communication and a few feel good pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
</div></div>

It's really not too much to ask, he's obviously doing them all in stages, it's not like it's one at a time. Laying 15 barreled actions on the table for a family picture would take like 10 minutes. Then maybe a picture of the SH Build engraving of just one of them would be another 5 minutes.

I don't fault the guy for being behind schedule, that happens. But you can stop a lot of the criticism before it starts with some quick and simple communication and a few feel good pictures. </div></div>

There is nothing obvious about this build other than:

1. The Chief has left the reservation for higher ground, some time ago now
2. The braves are restless
3. Saying that communication has been "misleading", will hopefully not ensue being scalped
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id much rather he get the rifles done then be behind a camera.....

just sayin' </div></div>

It only takes 10 minutes to snap a couple shots and post them up... This build is going on 20 months... Even if it takes an extra day on delivery to spend a few minutes providing daily updates, that day is a drop in the bucket compared to 20 months....

Except for concept rifle photos, we really only have one set of photos of the build - the components, and that was posted two months ago.

I'd like to see updates/photos at every "milestone" - first barreled action, a row of barreled actions, first barrel marking, and especially the first completed rifle - along with the test target. And I hope that test target is fantastic, and I hope that it's for rifle number 14
wink.gif

We haven't received a status report in two months - where are we? I'd sure like to see some significant progress.

Thanks,

Bill </div></div>

Your preaching to the choir. I was told via PM that mine was close to done and he would ship sometime that week. That was nearly a month ago. The communication channel should be wide open when your this past due.

I also strongly agree with jasonk.

NO, I think you mean the 2010......then in December we can talk about the 2011.

If you get your 2009 build in 2011 you can start a 2010 build in 2011 as well.

lol