• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Will be interested in the details of the build. Would like to see somthing in a 6.5 or 7mm. Also would think encorporating some engraving on it like I saw on one of your latest builds would be great.
Who did that engraving for you?

My interest is piqued.
Depending on how much it costs, I could very well be on board.

Out of curiosity, is there a lottery to get in on the build? If there's only 25 or so rifles built, I can envision more than 25 hide members wanting in on the action. Is it just first post, first served? Im interested as well........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How about a Surgeon action, in stainless, with a floating bolt head? </div></div>

Unobtanium..??..?? </div></div>

Unobtanium, but it would be a big seller if someone would build them. A floating bolt head would make caliber changes easier, and rifles with these seem to be much less sensitive to variations in powder load.

This would make reloading less tedious, save time, increase accuracy, etc.

Was looking at buying a S&B scope but if this new build happens I might have to wait on that!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skkeeter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity, is there a lottery to get in on the build? If there's only 25 or so rifles built, I can envision more than 25 hide members wanting in on the action. Is it just first post, first served? Im interested as well........ </div></div>

No wait whatsoever, send me a check and I will immediately turn over 5 of 25 on the 2009 build. All you have to do is keep track of when you will get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skkeeter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity, is there a lottery to get in on the build? If there's only 25 or so rifles built, I can envision more than 25 hide members wanting in on the action. Is it just first post, first served? Im interested as well........ </div></div>

No wait whatsoever, send me a check and I will immediately turn over 5 of 25 on the 2009 build. All you have to do is keep track of when you will get it. </div></div>

It really sucks you guys got hammered on this build. As far as your offer, I'm going to have to pass after reading a bunch of this thread. Again, sorry for the all of you who got screwed on this.

Wondering if everyone finally got their rifles (or parts)... ?

Received (pics above), but returned per George's request in October. Still haven't fired a group....

I ordered an action, but cancelled the purchase after a year. I have not received a refund...

-Steve

Wow… unfortunately this seems to be the never ending thread.

I ultimately did receive my rifle, shot it less than 10 times and sold it shortly after that. In the end, I was not impressed w/ the craftsmanship and simply did not like looking at the damn thing in my safe after all of trouble I had to go through to get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered an action, but cancelled the purchase after a year. I have not received a refund...

-Steve </div></div>

Sue him and you will get your money back. That's what I had to do.

My god. .still. . ? Dec 2010 this guy tried to talk me into buying one of the "extra" rifles from the build (to be done in less than 2 months). . Full payment up front at $250 more than the rest.

I was literally 1 more phone call away from being out $3600 with you guys. Thanks Jrose for talking me out of it at the last minute. . I owe you.

Good luck you guys, this really bums me out to see. $3600 is a lot of money for anyone, but if it had been my $3600, I probably wouldnt have ever gotten the heart back to send a smith my money ever again. And to know that even delivered rifles are having issues. . . I cannot imagine how frustrated I would be.

Best of luck to the rest of you still waiting.

If you guys have let it go unpunished for THIS long..... don't know what to say. Any local DA would probably take on a case for theft by deception. Especially for how much money is involved here.

Status "still working on it...".

(Edited to add on 11/29/2013) Issue(s) have been resolved to my satisfaction.

Meanwhile, I had to move on - the USO SN3 3.8-22 SH LE #34 and Atlas, intended for this build, have a new, permanent, home....

Last edited: