• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accessories ANOTHER SCAMMER ALERT **akyle002**

Deleted the post…hmmm. I wonder if there is a way to archive these posts or PMs and we can see the way the talk about things. Maybe a separate sticky post after the account has been banned or frozen?

I’ve been leery about several PMs lately and they are from different accounts…but they seem to have the same style verbiage. Definitely not American style language that we normally see on here.

Not trying to discriminate…but they use a lot of “sirs” “honest” “trustworthy” “need payment quick” etc. I mean at least the scammers are polite but defiantly odd and maybe we all could learn a lot of red flags to look for? Just a thought.

yep. the scammers are rife in WTB. Some even have what you want, post a pic of it with their alias and date, and even take it to the post office and send you a pic of the receipt ... but then dont deposit it. So make sure you use PP goods and services only so you have a case and/or ask for a phone number and dont send anything til you chat with them

It’s a good thing you have to pay money to sell on this forum. Really weeds these scammers out.
This isn’t why its pay to play. The reason is the same as everything else in the world. $$$$$ and nothing more.

It seems that 95% of the scams come from WTB ads, the other 5% from hacked accounts. If you post a WTB ad pay attention to who replies, if the wordage is off in the messages or if there are different names in the email/messages that your sending money to walk away. Ask for multiple pics of the item in various positions, it’s easy for the scammers to doctor one pic but a pain in the ass if you ask for the item their offering to be placed on the right/left side or upside down. Also if your sending money via PP don’t send F+F, pay the fee, at least you’ll have a chance at recouping your cash.

They are worse than ever now!
I don't think the the rise in scams has anything to do with a paywall.

Most sites are having this issue from what I've seen. theynsaw how easy it was to scam so they are hitting it hard.

Pretty simple first line defense solution that would weed out probably 95% or more.

Insist on a video chat with them and the item they are selling before you'll do anything.

If they say something about they don't know how to do it or don't have a way to do it, or are bad with computers, or their phone / computer is broken, then it's have a nice day and we are done.

Pretty simple first line defense solution that would weed out probably 95% or more.

Insist on a video chat with them and the item they are selling before you'll do anything.

If they say something about they don't know how to do it or don't have a way to do it, or are bad with computers, or their phone / computer is broken, then it's have a nice day and we are done.
I have and iPhone 5 idk if it would video chat 😬

I just don't buy from people I haven't seen around, and get pics with odd stuff like y'all say.

It's not fool proof but helps. I do like the video chat idea, screen shot their face.

I have and iPhone 5 idk if it would video chat 😬

I just don't buy from people I haven't seen around, and get pics with odd stuff like y'all say.

It's not fool proof but helps. I do like the video chat idea, screen shot their face.

Yes, your iPhone 5 will do video chats.

Pretty much all the recent scams I have seen posted here would have been avoided from the get go if the buyers demanded a video chat, no exceptions as their first contact.

You have a mediocre used car worth of rifle in your profile pic, and you're bitching about $20...

It's really going to suck when frank gets tired of the bitching and says fuck the PX.

Pay or STFU.

If you were only paying for the px I would understand the frustration but there is other content that becomes available when becoming a supporter.

Pretty much all the recent scams I have seen posted here would have been avoided from the get go if the buyers demanded a video chat, no exceptions as their first contact.

Sometimes android to I phone doesn't work on video but whatsapp or something similar should be okay.

Reactions: akmike47

Oh, it doesn't download apps and I'm not a tech guy so I don't know lol.

Facetimes never worked on mine, but I'm not a scammer either.

Sometimes android to I phone doesn't work on video but whatsapp or something similar should be okay.
Oh ok, I haven't had apps in years other than 2 ballistic apps. Nothing else will download or update.

I usually just call the person and ask some detailed questions about whatever they are selling. If they don't know that means they don't have experience with whatever they are selling.
Yup same, or I know who they are or don't buy.

Reactions: AngryKoala
I usually just call the person and ask some detailed questions about whatever they are selling. If they don't know that means they don't have experience with whatever they are selling.
Yep, I'm not a very insightful person IMO but I can tell in a few minutes if I'm talking to a real shooter....and a straight shooter (honest guy).

Not done the vid call, but phone call is more or less mandatory.

There's a simple way to verify whether they're real or scammers.
Ask where they're located, then say your cousin/ son / uncle... lives nearby and you'll have them bring cash and pick it up.
If they're good with that then 95% chance that they're legit.
Then you tell them the truth and do the deal with PP NOT friends and family

I think you under estimate how much money it takes to run this place and keep it running
Nah. You can bootlick Frank all you want. But he is making a killing in advertising dollars and product pedaling that he does. He claims he wants get rid of the px. Fine. Do it. 3/4 of active users would end. And he would lose all his advertising/banner /clicks money. Etc.

@Rexwagon no bootlicking here.

most other forums are very invasive with ads plastered all over the place, here there is a top banner and a bottom. No ads to scroll past or pop ups like a lot of other forums. The $20 also doesn’t only include the px

@Rexwagon no bootlicking here.

most other forums are very invasive with ads plastered all over the place, here there is a top banner and a bottom. No ads to scroll past or pop ups like a lot of other forums. The $20 also doesn’t only include the px
Yep. The training videos are gold.

I can’t understand why folks don’t want to call and chat with each other.

Not sure if it’s been done, but blocking most IPs from outside English speaking countries will end 98% of the grief. Security events at work dropped by that amount when we did this.