• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Another WY kill with my Bowtech

beretta_man11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae253/beretta_man11/IMG_0324.jpg[/IMG]]9-6-10 Mule Deer[/url] IMG]

Hope the picture works.

This is my second kill this bow season. I stalked her from about 500 yards out. I got within 67 yards when we spotted eachother. She stood up quartering towards me. The shot went in the front shoulder and out the 4th rib or so. She only ran about 80 yards and died. The Bowtech matched with the rage 2 blades smoked her. This is my first Mulie, even better it came with a bow. (public land)

Re: Another WY kill with my Bowtech

67 yard bow shot? Dont get me wrong, Im not questioning your ability. Just saying thats a helluva shot for a bow.

I agree. If it wasn't for a good bit of practice, I never would have tried it. Out here in the wide open trying to stalk game, I haven't had many oportunities inside of 40 yards. People may say that a bow doesn't have the energy to kill one at that distance but it went through the shoulder and out behind the ribs. In my book, that is an ethecal kill.

did the picture link work?

Nah the link didnt work. I had to click it.

Here ya go.
IMG_0324.jpg

Nice work man! So how did you like the rage 2 blades? They sure put a hurting on things huh?! People dont understand that in this flat open country its almost imposible to get into what most people consider bow "range" Its line anything else, if you practice enough and feel copmfortable with the shot, why not take it? I regularly shoot out to 100 yards with my bow, will I shoot that far? Most likely not but I do feel comfortable, and it makes 60-80 yard shots feel easy.

Again, nice shootin and keep it up!

thanks for adding the picture.

Pierce, The 2 blades smoked her. This bowhunting is getting expensive. Lost another X-weave/Rage/Lumenok.... You kill anything else?

Couple years back I was practicing out to 80 with good results.

hey buddy thats pretty cool.congrats.how did you guys like yellowstone?are you out west of town?we need to go shoot some dogs man this damn huntin season crap is getting in the way though!

Didn't make it to yellowstone, we did however hit Crazy Woman Canyon. Not bad, Saw TONS of deer in a field just south of the canyon.
We are hunting west of town but I've also got some more private land North of town as well.
Talk about stuff getting in the way?!?! Work is killing me, don't they know it's hunting season???