• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Anti-Tank Dogs

G

Dogs were starved for days and then food was placed under tanks to condition them to run under tanks.

In battle, the dogs were again starved and explosives were placed on their backs with a trip lever. When the hungry dogs ran under the enemy tanks, the trip lever detonated the explosives, attacking the relatively soft underbellies of the vehicles.

Like suicide bombers, they were single use weapons.
The Germans fitted their tanks with flamethrowers to combat the threat.

Re: Anti-Tank Dogs

It's interesting to see how much the mindset has changed in a relatively few years since WWII.

An idea like this today would be grounds for immediate dismissal, if not committal, in today's civilized world.

The indiscriminate destruction and loss of life from the flaming bat bombs would be equally opposed, not to mention the harm to the bats.

Today I would send in a S.E.A.L. team in to strap a robotic cute fluffy animal under the tank. Then I would strap an anti-tank mine to the back of a PETA member and send them in to get the pet.

Yeah, sure, there are a few rough edges to be worked out, but all in all, I think it's do-able.

HAHAHAA PETA
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
ROFL

It would probably work too .... scary..

im not into animal cruelty , but to me people are much more valuble than animals . funny how the antis and peta crowd ,dont agree . 1znuf may be onto somthing here .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im not into animal cruelty , but to me <span style="font-weight: bold">people are much more valuble than animals </span>. funny how the antis and peta crowd ,dont agree . 1znuf may be onto somthing here . </div></div>

Usually I'd agree, but I've met a few people in life that would make that an arguable statement.

As much as I love dogs, it was WWII....

In our time, no war has meant more to mankind

I wonder if the op was deemed a good idea afterwards. I mean did it save money and men? Or was it a waste of time like many are.

Dogs really are mans best friend.

What a fucked thing to do. I have a working dog that would gladly sacrifice his life for me or my buddies. To have a dog and teach him to do this is just fucked up. I would gladly send my dog in harms way to save guys lives but to do it with b latent disregard for the dog who is busting his ass to make us happy. I think it is pretty fucked up.

the PETAphiles were trying to shut down the dolphin program here in San Diego. The Navy SEAL's had dolphins trained to put charges on subs and ships but the dolphins live in these scenarios. They have been using them to look into boats also. On my way out on a half day fishing we had one come up to the boat
dolphin pic

Btw in Korea/Vietnam many US army dogs died in service so i think one has to remember that modern warfare is very asymmetrical and is very very far from total war in which there are no rules, all gloves come off and everyone and everything fights for survival by any means available. And if it takes a dogs life to take out a tank so be it...On eastern front many people threw themselves under so why not dogs...

Few dead dogs in those times are childsplay in comparison with other horrific acts both/all sides did in that war...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that the Allies who did that? </div></div>

Yes. The Germans caught on pretty quickly though, and the flame throwers negated the attacking dogs effectively.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But if we could teach cats to sneak under the tanks and do it.
</div></div>

Speaking of that....check out Al Queda latest plan....

http://i48.tinypic.com/2iw3r77.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1ZNUF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I would send in a S.E.A.L. team in to strap a robotic cute fluffy animal under the tank. Then I would strap an anti-tank mine to the back of a PETA member and send them in to get the pet.

Yeah, sure, there are a few rough edges to be worked out, but all in all, I think it's do-able. </div></div>

I believe that would actually work.

mad.gif
The sad part is PETA is feverishly preparing legal action against those responsible for the "suicide dog bombs" and bringing them to trial in NYC within the next few years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1ZNUF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I would send in a S.E.A.L. team in to strap a robotic cute fluffy animal under the tank. Then I would strap an anti-tank mine to the back of a PETA member and send them in to get the pet.

Yeah, sure, there are a few rough edges to be worked out, but all in all, I think it's do-able. </div></div>

Your overthinking it man, look back at how it was done with the dogs, the SOP is already layed out. Force PETA members to watch furry critters get crushed by tanks, strap them with the mine, and point them at the enemy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BronxFireGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im not into animal cruelty , but to me <span style="font-weight: bold">people are much more valuble than animals </span>. funny how the antis and peta crowd ,dont agree . 1znuf may be onto somthing here . </div></div>

Usually I'd agree, but I've met a few people in life that would make that an arguable statement. </div></div>

I've met more than a few, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">most</span></span> people fit into that category.

Dogs are cool, I'm glad we don't do that anymore, maybe PETA are extremists but dogs and dolphins are cool, better to make them a re-useable weapon/tool/pet...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RainbowSandals</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a fucked thing to do. I have a working dog that would gladly sacrifice his life for me or my buddies. To have a dog and teach him to do this is just fucked up. I would gladly send my dog in harms way to save guys lives but to do it with b latent disregard for the dog who is busting his ass to make us happy. I think it is pretty fucked up. </div></div>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these dogs doing what you said your dog would do for you? I think the point here was to spare <span style="font-style: italic">human</span> lives. I'm not going to argue your point, but I believe WWII was "pretty f*cked up", as has been every war since. Guys named Hitler, Mussolini, prison camps, the Holocaust, plus all the Pacific Theater thrillers like Bataan. I understand your sympathy but not your logic.

The Russians were in a very tight spot once the Germans began their invasion. A lot of their anti-tank weapons were antiquated anti-tank rifles and under-powered field pieces from the First World War. Stalin had killed or imprisoned most of his experienced officers before the war had started during his paranoid purges. With the Germans gobbling up territory and inflicting heavy casaulties (military and civilian) the Russians were left with very few options. The Germans were at the gates of Moscow. Desperate times called for desperate measures. Dogs being very smart animals, they came up with this trick. What they didn't count on was a dog's ability to distinguish between a T-34 and a Panzer. Being trained to crawl under a T-34 many dogs did just that. It was found that an explosive ladened dog running around in the confusion of a battlefield was just as dangerous to the Russians as they were to the Germans.

Im in the "Thats f"ed up crowd" I know its a dog and all, and if it actually worked and saved mens lives I guess its ok, but I would rather teach some 'hommies' that and leave the dogs on the back porch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that the Allies who did that?</div></div>

It was the Russians. I believe that they also trained explosive dogs to run towards/into groups of soldiers and bunkers.

The animal cruelty aspect is one I'd tend to side with but I struggle with the idea that "times have changed".

What is the difference between this and sending an LE K9 in to flush out an armed criminal? Or even herds of livestock to clear minefields?

The same basic concept is that it is better to lose an animal's life than a human life....and, given that animals don't have the same ability to work out the risks/chances of success/consequences of trotting up to a tank/an armed offender, there is a higher chance of success in the alloted task.

As already stated...the whole idea of explosive dogs hits the skids if the animals can't differentiate friend from foe.

Leave it to the Russians, probably figured they could use German shepherds to fool the enemies into friendly fire...