• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any ARFcom members on here?

verdugo60

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I am interested in an item on ARFcom for sale, but am not a member and am waiting to be granted access. Would anyone be willing to contact the seller for me that has an account, just to get some non-ARFcom contact info? No shenanigans, just want to buy what he's selling. Thanks guys, PM me if you are willing!

Re: Any ARFcom members on here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think anyone wants to admit it! </div></div>

Ha, no kidding!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ain't skeerd' send me a PM </div></div>

Thanks bro, PM inbound!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got banned for poking fun at Larue. </div></div>

Ha, the famous "Immortals who were banned on ARFcom" club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am interested in an item on ARFcom for sale, but am not a member and am waiting to be granted access. Would anyone be willing to contact the seller for me that has an account, just to get some non-ARFcom contact info? No shenanigans, just want to buy what he's selling. Thanks guys, PM me if you are willing! </div></div>

Since when do you have to wait to BUY something? That's just ignorant, selling I can see. There's a big difference between accepting money and not shipping what you promised and just sending money on good faith.

ar15.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    ARFCOM.jpg
    </div></div>

I think he was the original "Mall Ninja"

I was banned from AR15.com about 6 months ago. Had a run in with the mods over one of my gear for sale threads. For a couple of days I became a troll and then the fun was over. I don't think they archived that thread lol.

Seriously not a place I'd start when looking for opinions by experienced military or LE shooters. The only thing I used the site for was to sell stuff. If you are into pagan idol worship of the AR15, might be the place for some.

I have intentionally avoided their ass-hattery over there for years. Again, the ONLY reason I wanted to find an ARFcom member on here was to contact a seller of an item. It worked out great and I am getting a good deal on some kit I have been wanting for awhile. Don't plan on participating at all on there unless I need to buy or sell something.

....and that picture reminds me of those things on the movie THE VILLAGE but with more hair. Blegh.

Meh no need to hate on arf, its good for info, and finding decent prices. Just don't bother with the debate side of it, because as we all know, "my rifle is the best".

As far as I know there's no waiting time for their equipment exchange.

Did you get the help you needed? If not PM me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was one of the original ARFCOM members and still am. </div></div>

Same here.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcCJGnig6pI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcCJGnig6pI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

crazy.gif

Arfcom is exceptionally well moderated for a site of that size that has a general discussions area. Yes it has a lot of idiots but so does the hide, and more than you would like to admit they are often the same idiots. 10-8 is Arfcom with real names, Lightfighter is Arfcommers with bad attitudes, M4c is Arfcommers who aren't arfcommers anymore because they are bad at rules, etc.

Are you being serious???....the majority of barfcom's mods are dirt shooters. On M4C, all of the moderators are either industry professionals, professional LEO or ex. military, etc. M4C has vetted SMEs that are all from tier 1 military groups. M4C is the no bullshit forum for ARs, whereas arfcom is the bullshit forum for ARs.

I'm referring to behavioral issues. M4C is a cut above on technical issues, they keep the riff raff out by not having much general discussion and relatively few members.

The good forums are all invite only anyway.

RS - comparing SH to ARF.COM and comment both have a lot of idiots is off the mark. Been both places and two completely different mindsets and worlds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: at4rxj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as I know there's no waiting time for their equipment exchange.

Did you get the help you needed? If not PM me. </div></div>

Yep, thanks man.

I'm registered on there but never go unless I'm in need of a good laugh.

I cant speak for all the sections on ARF, but some of them are great. the EE section there is run very well and so is the reloading section. its the best reloading site I have ever been too,myself. there are two mods that watch it like a hawk and run off any bullshit and insults,which I like in a technical forum. they work hard in that section to help people.

I'd much rather dip my balls in honey and teabag a fireant mound than traverse the basement dweller circle jerk site that is arfcom, please take no offense

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd much rather dip my balls in honey and teabag a fireant mound than traverse the basement dweller circle jerk site that is arfcom ...</div></div>

.sig-worthy, for sure!

If you troll the precision rifle forum like I do you will notice that many of the topics are cross-posted both here and there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ARFcom was staffed by dragging a $100 bill through a trailer park and hiring anyone who came a chasin'... not sure that I would recommend their products to derkas... </div></div>

I'm so glad that you're looking out for them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medcpt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RS - comparing SH to ARF.COM and comment both have a lot of idiots is off the mark. Been both places and two completely different mindsets and worlds. </div></div>

The difference is here the idiots mostly read first, but they are the same idiots. If you watch carefully you will see that the same people are on many or most of the popular forums, oftentimes under different names and even with different personalities.

The signal to noise ratio is better here but that I think is a function of people starting there and coming here if they are really interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medcpt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RS - comparing SH to ARF.COM and comment both have a lot of idiots is off the mark. Been both places and two completely different mindsets and worlds. </div></div>

The difference is here the idiots mostly read first, but they are the same idiots. If you watch carefully you will see that the same people are on many or most of the popular forums, oftentimes under different names and even with different personalities.

The signal to noise ratio is better here but that I think is a function of people starting there and coming here if they are really interested. </div></div>

What I think I've seen here is that people are a little less likely to blurt out unfounded opinion just because they have a keyboard and an account. I haven't been on arfcom in years, part of it simply being the signal to noise ratio, as you mention. What I do find is that those migrating over tend to show up in the SB demanding immediate and final answers to all manner of questions, rather than sitting down and doing some research.

Fair.

People here tend to know what they don't know.

"Fair.

People here tend to know what they don't know."

This is me, and why I ended up here. My eye muscles were getting strained from excessive rolling.

I visit many sites but only take the advice from a select few. Sometimes you need a good laugh and I like laughing at someone as much as with them. Plus, I can't get enough "what barrel should I get" questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I visit many sites but only take the advice from a select few. Sometimes you need a good laugh and I like laughing at someone as much as with them. Plus, I can't get enough "what barrel should I get" questions. </div></div>

or, "Hi, buying an auto, which one is the best?"

for ar related stuff it is a good source of info.
    i like it, and idiots are found everywhere

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got banned for poking fun at Larue. </div></div>
    Arf is LaFool's personal advertising forum. You say anything that offends LaFool and you get banned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cobaltbomb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for ar related stuff it is a good source of info.
    i like it, and idiots are found everywhere </div></div>

Indeed...

Lot of good info on that site as well as here.
    The night vision forum (under armory) is very good, I check it regularly as it has quality content.

Snipershide is superior to Barfcom, in numerous ways. For one, Tom lets us say FUCK and post pictures of boobies. Plus Barfcom is just a bunch of couch commandos who only buy guns because of video games.

Plus people on here are a lot more civilized and willing to help noobs out. Tho the mil/mil vs. moa/moa threads need to stop LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hail Caesar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got banned for poking fun at Larue. </div></div>
    Arf is LaFool's personal advertising forum. You say anything that offends LaFool and you get banned. </div></div>

I got banned after a fuckin tool had one of my AR uppers for more than 2 months, likely did something to it and wanted to send it back for full refund. Told him to go smoke a pole and got banned.

For real?

I am a member of both and have found that the members here are better informed and less likely to put a boot on your throat...

What I do not like about the other forum is the god worshiping, noticed I use a small "g", that goes on there....it has actually prompted me to sell of some of my stuff, I will leave it at that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd much rather dip my balls in honey and teabag a fireant mound than traverse the basement dweller circle jerk site that is arfcom, please take no offense </div></div>

You like this quote...I've seen it in multiple threads...including Arfcom
    grin.gif

You bet...love the site...received a warning HERE for selling too many items?...sift through the info and each site provides a different point of view for different platforms. Snipershide has been outstanding for bolt action long range precision rig information...AR15.com owns the semi-auto world...period.