• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any Arkansas shooters?

Re: Any Arkansas shooters?

1st post for me on this forum! I found this thread by Googling "long range shooting Arkansas."

I'm in Northwest Arkansas too. Just purchased a Remington 700 Tac AAC-SD setup.

I've spent the last couple of days scouring the maps for places to shoot. I definitely open to ideas, and have resorted to asking friends who might know someone with land.

Camp Robinson on July 24th there will be a 1000 yrd shoot. Dan Weimer is from the Harrison area and shoots at a range in MO I believe. You might try him emailing him @ [email protected]. I think they are running a NWARK competition in August or September again this year. I went last year. It was fun. They had a UKD stage, F-class 200&300, Pistol, carbine&pistol, small bore, shotgun, and small bore silhouettes. It was 2 days of shooting.

Central AR Gun Club also host an Across the Course match on Sat and a 600 yrd match on Sun of each month at Camp Robinson. Contact David Halter @ [email protected] for information. I shot service rifle there yesterday.

V.E.T.S. Will be holding a Tactical Rifle Match this Fall also. I haven't set a date yet but it will be posted soon. There will be 2-gun. Carbine & pistol event in Aug. To be announced next week.

V.E.T.S. Shooting Center - Tactical Two-Gun Challenge.

August 13th 2011. 7:30am till 5:30ish pm. Open to Non- Members and members. This competition will test your ability to locate and deliver precision fire on a verity of targets at both known and unknown distances while maneuvering through and or around obstacles. Courses of fire will be presented to contestants the day of competition. No Children under 16 and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian. Supper provided while the final scores are tallied. Prizes awarded for the Top 5 Finishers.

Cost: $85.00 for Non-members, $65.00 for Members – Limited to 50 shooters

Hey yall. Pretty new here and also long range shooting. I'm in Salem which is about 45 minutes east from Mt. Home. Just wondering if anyone has shot the range up at Mt. Home? The guy that owns Ridge Runner arms runs it, and it's apparently 700 yards. I can usually shoot out to about 400 at my spot, but I would like to see what a "real" range is like. Sounds like the next closest option would be Searcy?? Nice to know I ain't the only one in AR that is addicted to this stuff! haha Wish I had checked this part of the forum sooner because I just moved back from college in Jonesboro and it sounds like there's several hiders down that way.

Garrett

They are running a NWARK competition in September 3rd and 4th. You might try him emailing dan @ [email protected]. I went last year. It was fun. They had a UKD stage, F-class 200&300, Pistol, carbine&pistol, small bore, shotgun, and small bore silhouettes. It was 2 days of shooting. It isn't a Sniper's Cup but or a Tiger Valley 2-Man Sniper team match but it is okay for the short drive and small entry fees.

dead thread but im in van buren i have places to test

Arkansas and other shooters. V.E.T.S. Shooting Center is going to have a Tactical Precision rifle competition Titled "kill the steel" on Oct. 08-09, 2011. More information to be posted soon as to packing list and round count.

Thanks Pat for helping out the NW Arkansas Sportsmans Challenge, it is a good time. Dan is from Huntsville, Ar. Take care, look forward to seeing you again this year.

I won't be making the match since it is in October and I am already using up another valuable October weekend to go to the PMG match. There are deer in serious needing of being arrowed and I am just the guy to do it, but can't be doing it if I am shooting a darn rifle match.

Re: Any Arkansas shooters? AR Regional 23-25Sept

600 yrd midrange match at Camp J. T. Robinson in N. Little Rock,Arkansas on Friday 23Sept2011. F-open and F-t/r classes along with service rifle, match, and target rifles. Starts at 0715. Match is being put on by Central Arkansas Gun Club and David Halter is the contact [email protected] - or you can contact me. Hope to see some of you there.

Sat. is Cross the course
Sunday is Leg Match

Hey customgun1 you're from mt. home so have you ever been out to the ridge runner arms range? Wanting some where to shoot steel out to about 800, but I have no targets. Just wondering if they had steel setup for a guy to shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goodolboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey customgun1 you're from mt. home so have you ever been out to the ridge runner arms range? Wanting some where to shoot steel out to about 800, but I have no targets. Just wondering if they had steel setup for a guy to shoot? </div></div>

i have been to the range to look at it but have not shot there yet. he was trying to have a shoot last fall but not much interest being hunting season hopefully he will put on a shoot this spring after he gets moved into his new shop. tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goodolboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey yall. Pretty new here and also long range shooting. I'm in Salem which is about 45 minutes east from Mt. Home. Just wondering if anyone has shot the range up at Mt. Home? The guy that owns Ridge Runner arms runs it, and it's apparently 700 yards. I can usually shoot out to about 400 at my spot, but I would like to see what a "real" range is like. Sounds like the next closest option would be Searcy?? Nice to know I ain't the only one in AR that is addicted to this stuff! haha Wish I had checked this part of the forum sooner because I just moved back from college in Jonesboro and it sounds like there's several hiders down that way.

Garrett </div></div>

there are a few other shooters in salem i know
grin.gif
tony

Harrison, AR here. Would love to stretch the .308 a bit. Furthest shot since I moved out here was a doe at 320 yards this past season. Itchin for something further.

RD

NEA hear near batesville. Any of you guys heard of drlongrangeconcepts.com? Looking at some of his classes looks good but I havent heard anything about him. He is close and cheap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aaron_presser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEA hear near batesville. Any of you guys heard of drlongrangeconcepts.com? Looking at some of his classes looks good but I havent heard anything about him. He is close and cheap </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...149#Post3407149

Hello All, Rogers, AR (NW Corner) here..
Been lurking around the forum for awhile
Thought I'd finally get around and saying
Hi everyone...

Hey everyone. First post for me. I was actually searching 'Google' for some places to shoot that doesn't require membership and doesn't have alot of other people shooting all the time.. and I found this page. Figured I would sign up after I came across this thread with most of you from Arkansas.

I'm still searching/looking for a place to go shooting this weekend that doesn't require a membership. I'm in Fort Smith, Arkansas by the way. Van Buren, Barling, Greenwood, Roland Oklahoma.. all those areas are short drives for me.. so if anyone has any places that wouldn't mind sharing where I could go shooting this weekend, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: john.boy1985</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dead thread but im in van buren i have places to test</div></div> Yeah? Mind sharing? Would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been shooting in a few years and so I have no idea what places are still "okay" to shoot on.

I know of a place out in Arkoma. It's actually the Arkoma river bottoms.. where I use to ride my four-wheeler but don't ride out there anymore because people shoot guns within the same area. That's the only place I know of at the current time. But again, there's usually quite a few people out there and most the time its morons that don't have any gun education and or their usually drinking or drunk. Which, again, is why I don't like going out there.. but if I have to, I will because I really want to go shooting this weekend because its suppose to be really nice this weekend as far as the weather/temps go.

Anyhow, let me know if you don't mind sharing your places to go shoot at. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aaron_presser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEA hear near batesville. Any of you guys heard of drlongrangeconcepts.com? Looking at some of his classes looks good but I havent heard anything about him. He is close and cheap </div></div>
Haven't heard of him I'm in Batesville as well check out vets shooting center. Pat posted his contact info above one heck of a guy and excellent instructor as well