• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Any authors / writers in here?

Dominick1441

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2011
Texas Gulf Coast
Has anyone here done any creative writing?

Ever had anything published?

I've considered writing a series of short stories and I wonder if anyone else has tried it and how it worked out.

Please share...

Thanks,
Dom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A very short story:

Tapatalk is not going to work on the new site.

The end.

LOL

A very short story:

Tapatalk is not going to work on the new site.

The end.

LOL

you are an idiot

OP...follow your bliss (bonus points if you know the quote) and run with it. Don't expect to make a living (at first, if ever). Expect rejection and don't get butt hurt when it happens. Above all stay true to yourself. I have dozens of short stories and ideas for many dozens more, but don't have the time away from making a living (read surviving) to fuck with it...wish I did I believe I have some good shit.
Who knows if you come up with a really good paragraph and it's used in a movie maybe Maggot will quote YOU in his signature line ;)

Tough way to make a living. I self-published, but now I have to market too.

you are an idiot

OP...follow your bliss (bonus points if you know the quote) and run with it. Don't expect to make a living (at first, if ever). Expect rejection and don't get butt hurt when it happens. Above all stay true to yourself. I have dozens of short stories and ideas for many dozens more, but don't have the time away from making a living (read surviving) to fuck with it...wish I did I believe I have some good shit.
Who knows if you come up with a really good paragraph and it's used in a movie maybe Maggot will quote YOU in his signature line ;)

And you seem to have the humor of Shankster on his period. It was a joke. Want a really short story you can quote.

"Knowledge is power." T. Jefferson
"Knowledge may be power but power without wisdom if folly." Maggot

I just pack a lot into a few words

OP, I was just playing with you. I agree with mr. nohumor, follow your dream. Maybe someday you can quote me.

And you seem to have the humor of Shankster on his period. It was a joke. Want a really short story you can quote.

"Knowledge is power." T. Jefferson
"Knowledge may be power but power without wisdom if folly." Maggot

I just pack a lot into a few words

OP, I was just playing with you. I agree with mr. nohumor, follow your dream. Maybe someday you can quote me.

I guess I am just fed up with the whole Scout bullshit that is prevalent these days.
Apropos to that "If you're not meeting obstacles you're not moving forward" 29aholic

I guess I am just fed up with the whole Scout bullshit that is prevalent these days.
Apropos to that "If you're not meeting obstacles you're not moving forward" 29aholic

Tis unfortunate that we will essentially lose such a wonderful resource as Maggies and Bearpit, but no way they can remain as great after the move. But thats the price of earning more $$$ and I can respect Frank's position. He has put in a lot of work here and deserves the payday.

Thanks to everyone.

I don't really expect to do anything with my writing, it's more of a hobby than anything really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"I don't really expect to do anything with my writing..."

Hmm. If you have the desire to write, then write. Whether or not anything comes of it is not really under your control, but the "journey" of pecking out your take on the world around you is worth the trek. Set a modest goal and take a swing.

In the mid 80's, my modest goal was just to get a story published in one of the gun mags. Not much of a goal, but I sold my first submission and spent the coin on a nice Swarovski optic for my old FNC. That one successful submission plus a little networking later got me a job as editor of one of the national gun rags. Loved the job, but hated the politics, so I didn't stay long. I freelanced for about another year, and that's a hungry way to make a living. I don't think of myself as a writer, and don't have any burning desire to do more of it, but if I needed a job, I could probably target a market and sell some work.

There's a lot of info out there on selling your first submission. Put something together and take a crack at it. What do you have to lose?

Cheers... Jim

"I don't really expect to do anything with my writing..."

Hmm. If you have the desire to write, then write. Whether or not anything comes of it is not really under your control, but the "journey" of pecking out your take on the world around you is worth the trek. Set a modest goal and take a swing.

In the mid 80's, my modest goal was just to get a story published in one of the gun mags. Not much of a goal, but I sold my first submission and spent the coin on a nice Swarovski optic for my old FNC. That one successful submission plus a little networking later got me a job as editor of one of the national gun rags. Loved the job, but hated the politics, so I didn't stay long. I freelanced for about another year, and that's a hungry way to make a living. I don't think of myself as a writer, and don't have any burning desire to do more of it, but if I needed a job, I could probably target a market and sell some work.

There's a lot of info out there on selling your first submission. Put something together and take a crack at it. What do you have to lose?

Cheers... Jim

I suppose that I mean that I don't expect to do anything spectacular with my writing...
It's interesting that you mentioned that you had a personal goal to get a story published in a gun magazine because I find myself interested in writing articles and reviews.
Thanks for sharing