• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with loading subsonic .308?

BMerino

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2009
Utah
Anyone have recipes or experinece with loading subsonic .308? I've just got my new Quicksilver can and wanted to try it out but wanted to see what was involved in loading this up. Any info would be nice to hear.

Re: Any experience with loading subsonic .308?

10 grains Trailboss
215 mag primer
180 grn round nose

You need to play with the load for your stick, I suggest you do it when its hot out.

Im almost the same as 427Cobra.

10.5 gr Trailboss
210 primers although im going to start using cheaper rem or equivalents for my sub loads
180 gr Hornady Round nose

I've been succesfuly using 9.4 of trailboss with 175 sierras an also 180 gr round nose. Pretty much depends on ur alltitude an where they go sonic at, so you'll need to chrono em an play with em from there. Also ur barrel length etc will effect em, so just play with em and see. I use magnum primers also. Some drill out primer hole but I haven't yet an been okay. Lots of good topics an discusion on it on here though. Mine seem to be running right at 1030 fps.