• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

69731431-2363-4002-BF83-ABA1D47FBC4A.jpeg

My main issue with Hamilton is he (like most people who go "woke") has started to take himself too seriously.
You are one of, if not the, most successful driver in Formula 1 history. Why isn't that enough? What's wrong with being great at one thing?
Now you feel it is your responsibility to regurgitate every liberal talking point on the planet: veganism, getting away from fossil fuels (which makes me laugh), loving the earth, black lives matter, end racism, promote women in racing, etc. Couple all of that with his recent bizarre obsession with off-the-wall fashion and he comes across as a self-righteous prick. I mean....the dude went to the MET Gala and invited a male fashion "designer" who wore a dress.....like WTF? Then he stands there in the same pose for every picture like some kind of smug know-it-all.

I used to consider him very down to earth; likeable even. Not so much anymore. Now he comes across very douchey.

I guess you know your life is about to go down the shitter when you start dating one of the Pussycat Doll singers. He was relatively normal before that. He started going off the rails after her. I guess dating that chick is kind of like dating a Kardashian.....no one that gets involved with them leaves unchanged.

I also find it weird that while on track or in the paddock he comes across as pretty much normal. A little drama-queen-ish when things don't go his way, but let's face it, every single driver is like that to some extent, except for maybe Kimi. When Lewis is in his element, talking about racing or his family, I find his personality somewhat likeable....soft-spoken....then he leaves the race and becomes a totally different person.....a cross between Michael Jackson, Jussie Smollett and Al Sharpton. Very strange.

Last edited:
Now you feel it is your responsibility to regurgitate every liberal talking point on the planet
Not unlike every other "celebrity" on the planet that abuse their "popularity" to promote their agenda.

Sad that Haas is stuck with has-a-spin for another year at least.

Hamilton secretly likes to honk a bobo. That’s the reason for the date.

He has to stay socially relevant. Other wise all anyone will remember is that he’s a whiny little bitch with neck tattoos and wannabe dreds. He may win, mostly because of his ride, other then that he’s a little piece of shit. And that goes back to his carting days. That’s where he learned the whiny bitch routine.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, he's just playing up to the current social situation - if that's the phrase. The world is obsessed with failbook and how they "look" online. Celebrities of all kinds have milked this forever, and the media has profited for all it's worth. Sports is no different. If you want to be rich and famous, pander to the masses. He's a master.

A sad state of society, but the people have voted with their $$..

Too bad for Lando!!! He had that more than likely; but his pit crew should have been more attuned to the radar. Great day for Max though, got lucky for sure.

However, I really don't understand this new gun for the locking hubs. Seems like they've really made things difficult and may be actually prone to failure themselves. Let's go back to sub 2.0 seconds please!!!

Too bad for Lando!!! He had that more than likely; but his pit crew should have been more attuned to the radar. Great day for Max though, got lucky for sure.

However, I really don't understand this new gun for the locking hubs. Seems like they've really made things difficult and may be actually prone to failure themselves. Let's go back to sub 2.0 seconds please!!!
im torn

one hand i love the insanely fast stops
but i like having the guys wait for a long time watching for the other guy to come down the strait, gives more suspense

Fuck that.
Bring back fuel strategy and let them refuel in the pits again.

And same with tire strategy by allowing the drivers to choose compounds. And, go back to having more tire manufacturers.

And those V-12 engines.

And...
And...
I'm in favor of any engine technology they want. Be it V-6 turbo, V-8, V-10, V-12. As long as it NOT hybrid. Base turbo on overall displacement size. If you want a V-12 turbo, it still cannot exceed 1.6 number liters. But if you're a "NA" guy, maybe a 3.5L engine. Though I'd prefer a V-10/12 battle royale with refueling. Tires..eh...I'm ok with one manufacturer so we don't repeat Indy debacle EVER again. But stop the BS of what tires have to be used. If somebody wants to run all soft and pit 4 times...fine.

Reactions: pilotjoe
I'm in favor of any engine technology they want. Be it V-6 turbo, V-8, V-10, V-12. As long as it NOT hybrid. Base turbo on overall displacement size. If you want a V-12 turbo, it still cannot exceed 1.6 number liters. But if you're a "NA" guy, maybe a 3.5L engine. Though I'd prefer a V-10/12 battle royale with refueling. Tires..eh...I'm ok with one manufacturer so we don't repeat Indy debacle EVER again. But stop the BS of what tires have to be used. If somebody wants to run all soft and pit 4 times...fine.

thats why i like the longer pitstops.
with pitstops so short the choice of tires will be the same from team choice to mfg choice.
there isnt enough time in the pits to allow for 4 stops but running sprint tires

was thinking about having a minimum 3 stop race
start on what ever fuel load you want but there has to be at least or only one refuel stop
but the refuel is suuuper slow, so there is a question of when and how much...almost like nascar in a sense so there is pit strat drama

that will change up the order many times in the initial 2 pitstops so a lot of back markers get a few laps in the lead (good for TV money etc) and there will be a lot of passing of back markers and drama of who didnt move out of the way etc

Hamilton will still win but it wont be a parade

Seidel apparently needs to recruit a better screen watcher. :). I could tell on the SKY broadcast when they showed the radar...get ready boys, it's coming.

I still want to know...did Perez get caught on the back of the circuit and just had as bad of timing as Max had good timing?

I just watched Netflix Schumacher, bring back that era Mark Webber, David Coulthard, Villeneuve, Berger, Nigell Mansell, and the list goes on.
Hamilton is a bitch and he knows it

Reactions: nikonNUT
I am sorry for what happened to him but he was doing dumb shit. Stupid games win stupid prizes.

He was the 44 of his era, so I can respect his skill but he was an asshole as well.

I am sorry for what happened to him but he was doing dumb shit. Stupid games win stupid prizes.

He was the 44 of his era, so I can respect his skill but he was an asshole as well.
If you're talking about Michael, than you are a piece of shit! And yes I'll tell you that into your face because Michael can't !

Last edited:

i dont think he was doing anything "stupid" but i could be wrong

he was off trail with a guide wearing a helmet, id say that is what your supposed to do

No worries. Nice thing about this site is we can express our opinions.

Having a guide and wearing a beanie doesn't insulate you from danger - as evidenced by the result. I did say, I'm sorry it happened, but those are the consequences of the choices that were made. Plus, he was an asshole on-track and in interviews, just like the other prima donna we've been discussing.

He was wearing a helmet that cracked open from the impact possibly due to a gopro camera mount.
As far as comparing him to LH that would be like comparing Biden and Trump.....

No fan of Schumacher here; but, a tragedy for sure. As I recall he was going down the mountain to look at one of his children's friends that had fallen down or something and hit that rock. We don't know the shape he's in; but something tells me they're just keeping him alive to keep him alive.

Is Crybaby a better driver than Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Fangio- in my opinion NO WAY. He's had superior hardware for almost all those years. Look at how dominant the TEAM has been and you get a picture why he's won so many races. Not to always be high on Max, but he's obviously on a different level as his teammates - by a CONSIDERABLE margin. So whatever it is, Max can extract the most out of a car that apparently is very difficult to drive (still!!). I'd like to see what Crybaby could do in Max's car and visa versa. Though, we saw what Russell did with the Merc last year - once again showing that it must be a fantastic car to drive with very little effort. I mean, not to take anything from George, but how often can anybody switch race cars with one weekend of "practice" (3 hours?) and damn near win the race, start 2nd (or was it pole?)?

I do think Louis has managed to build a team around him; so in that aspect, for all his other character flaws he's done what it takes from a team perspective to succeed. That must be acknowledged, even though I still and likely never will think he's the best "driver" of all time.

I would definitely say Schui was the "better" driver. I'd also say Senna was better than him, and Prost not far behind.

I can't wait to see what Russel can do and, as I said a lot earlier in this thread, hope he's able to shame the holy one into early retirement.

The Senna/Prost debate is religious :). I think had Prost not been shafted by Ferrari there'd be no question. But that's me as an obvious Prost fan. The thing was back then the cars were MUCH more on par with each other and with the pit rules, tire choices, full blown "quali engine" good for about 5 laps on full boost, we had great racing.

I'd just assume see them go back to the wings used from 1985-2005 and not this "indy car" look. Those indy cars are so freaking ugly I seriously cannot watch the race. May as well just go full up IMSA which was, and is, still better than Indy car (IMNSHO). In fact, IMSA/LeMans is, from an all out racing standpoint, probably the best. Imagine racing 24 hours and only winning by SECONDS!!! THAT is incredibly competitive.

I've never had a "favorite" anything, let alone driver. I just remember them being competitive, and that was entertaining, no matter who won.

I also wish the cars were more equal but also don't believe in over-regulation - so I don't have a solution. Too many "races" are just parades based on qualifying. The "ferrari years" were dull, and the "mercedes years" now equally so. Their arrogant "firgureheads" turned me off almost completely, but I like to see how the young kids do, so I stay tuned.

Having a guide and wearing a beanie doesn't insulate you from danger
He was wearing a Helmet. His doctor, from what I read, blamed the go pro that he mounted to it causing the injury. Having opinions and not liking someone is one thing, being factually incorrect is another. If you dont like him, no skin off my back but you seem to have a negative unrealistic understanding of how he was injured.

I don’t follow F-1 like I used to but still watch races when I see them. I just watch the racing and dont get caught up in the politics and celebrity persona of the drivers.

I do believe they need to allow more tire choice and bring back refueling stops. Imo these create imbalances and team strategys that makes the racing more fun to watch. Different cars running different strategies creates more passing. The cars these days are so closely matched that having different tires, fuel weights and pit stops shuffles the pack around , So it’s not like watching a parade

Reactions: 91Eunozs
The reason I got so upset is because I knew Michael, we talked a couple of times here and there when we crossed paths. I don't brag about things like this they are just my personal memory's. He did go through an apprenticeship to becoming a car mechanic just like me. This was in a shop in an area I grow up. The shop owner Name was Bergmeister. That man was driving one of the first 964 Porsche's in a 24h race in Spa that I worked on. His sons became Porsche factory drivers. I run into Michael a couple of times in these days and even before. I chatted with him quite a bit. On his dads GoCard track in Kerpen, when he was test driving a group C Mercedes Sauber(way before his F1 time) with Jochen Mass at the Nuerburgring. Jochen was a tv moderator and driving a supercup car in our team at the same time in 94. And a couple of times in paddocks . My mom knows the woman who took care of the Schumacher household before he moved to Swiss. So there are many story's from that "connection" too lol. I can definitely state that Michael was a great guy and loved by everybody in that time with the exception of Heinz Harald Frenzen (another F1 driver) because he did steal his girlfriend and married her. That's the great lady who still takes care of her husband to this day. He was loved by his technicians and always did hang out with them in the pit's.

Last edited:
What a (please input the four letter expletive of your choice) JOKE Formula 1 has become. Rules to encourage reduction in costs that cost the teams much much more, and reduce competition.

Now after years of requiring cars to use a totally irrelevant multi power unit they are going to require vehicles to use a fuel that is 100% green.

I think they call this alcohol. Spiked of course with nitro methane. If memory serves, they banned this fuel in the 1950’s

The reason I got so upset is because I knew Michael, we talked a couple of times here and there when we crossed paths. I don't brag about things like this they are just my personal memory's. He did go through an apprenticeship to becoming a car mechanic just like me. This was in a shop in an area I grow up. The shop owner Name was Bergmeister. That man was driving one of the first 964 Porsche's in a 24h race in Spa that I worked on. His sons became Porsche factory drivers. I run into Michael a couple of times in these days and even before. I chatted with him quite a bit. On his dads GoCard track in Kerpen, when he was test driving a group C Mercedes Sauber(way before his F1 time) with Jochen Mass at the Nuerburgring. Jochen was a tv moderator and driving a supercup car in our team at the same time in 94. And a couple of times in paddocks . My mom knows the woman who took care of the Schumacher household before he moved to Swiss. So there are many story's from that "connection" too lol. I can definitely state that Michael was a great guy and loved by everybody in that time with the exception of Heinz Harald Frenzen (another F1 driver) because he did steal his girlfriend and married her. That's the great lady who still takes care of her husband to this day. He was loved by his technicians and always did hang out with them in the pit's.
Michael Schumacher. I never talked with him but Brenda and I had the pleasure of seeing a great interview of him at Indianapolis during the Grand Prix years.

At the end of the interview, which was heavily attended, he took the time to personally give every spectator at the interview scene an autograph. It took some time and he had to be tired, but never did he grimace even once in what had to be an ordeal.

A good driver can win in a good car. A True Champion looks out and appreciates and loves his fans and always puts them first. Michael Schumacher.

Great memory!!!! And just how cool is it that none other than Jochen Mass drove one of your cars!!!!! Hell, that's right up there with saying Jacky Ickx, Derek Bell, Hurley Haywood or Vic Elford drove for you!!! Especially if you're a Porsche guy!!!

Sadly, I lost most of my interest in F-1 during the Schumacher age. I'll still die thinking the 80s were the very best of F-1; but then all F-1 is pretty good. Even the last 3-4 years have been entertaining for me.

I forgot about the race this weekend (thank goodness for replay and record). But I was watching some in-car of Max. Damn, he's smooth as Prost and aggressive as Senna - couldn't pick a better combo IMO.

However, what struck me was what a HUGE crybaby Hamilton is. I would love for the team to just say...well, you let us know when YOU think you need new tyres, and we'll put some on and you'll have to manage which one and makes sure you change compounds too (save rain). Bono must have VERY thick skin to work with Crybaby. Preferably, they'd leave him to figure it out on his on when the championship is REALLY on the line and not tell him to come in. Hell, I'd love to see F-1 take the approach that only the driver can decide when to get new tyres!!!

The other thing I noticed about Crybaby is how he pushed Perez into the Pit entry!!!! No sausage kerb so no incident; but IMO it was just as obvious as the BS Crybaby pulled on Max in Italy!!!

F1 has always been the leader in pushing the boundaries of technology.

Unfortunately, technology is now moving away from performance and towards the "green" movement - because that's what "the people" want (despite what racing fans think, but how many are there?)

Remember in the 1970’s when Indy 500 officials put a fuel mileage requirement on the race vehicles because it was the popular thing to do because there was a “gasoline” shortage?

The sanctioning body of the Indianapolis had ruled against the use of gasoline in the race vehicles after the tragic 1964 race when Dave McDonald and Eddie Sachs had the really bad collision and fire. NO race vehicles in the latter races used gasoline so regulating fuel mileage to save gasoline was a fine public relations move that was way beyond Stupid! (Did nothing for the quality of the competition either)

So, now we have and have had green technology in formula one I suppose because it is a fine public relation move and it allows technology to move down into consumer vehicles (by copying decades old consumer technology of the good ole Toyota Prius)

The current state of F1 seems to put a priority on everything but racing. Seems like to me, the racing is the point and entertainment is the driving factor. (Not copying decades old Prius technology and calling it green)

(and the funny, they are going to ”green“ fuels which obviously is alcohol. F1 banned alcohol in the 1950’s. Guess someone forgot to tell them that they used to be green and banned it :LOL: )

The more I think about it the reason the raving is “boring” is a mix of

cars are to fast
Cars handle to well
Tracks are to small
Only one racing line

having 1-2 seconds between turns just isn’t enough time. Possibly turns are banked like Indy/nascar there could be a high a low line.

Fark.. is Danica the new spokesman for KFC?

Not that I've any interest but I remember her being a cute chic from the GoDaddy ad days...

Not that I've any interest but I remember her being a cute chic from the GoDaddy ad days...
This would be the same Danica that kept getting ride after ride in the hopes she would figure out how to win races...

My comment was probably insensitive. Most of us age without grace. At least that little babbling teenager has not re-surfaced, but for the love of god who chose that outfit?

I despise the whole "celebrity worship" mentality and this week's coverage was full of it. To me it degrades the credibility of the sport but it's what the masses seem to want, and that's the circus that funds it unfortunately. Ricciardo's stupid "acting" was embarrassing. I was glad to see Newey alongside Horner for all of 5 seconds.

Reactions: BytorJr

She didn't look too well and she was AWFUL at the quali interview and just as bad if not worse today during the post race. Christian Horner slammed her when she started talking about Max.

Speaking of Max - Ph.D CLASS in driving today. How he managed to save his tires is quite mind boggling. I thought surely at 6 laps left he was done. Real question was WTF Checo...where did you go? Truly speaking, I'm sad I didn't go (minus that it was probably a super-spreader event) but the amount of passing at COTA was impressive today - fantastic racing and I'd say this race should go down as one of the best of the last 10 years. But what a freaking race. Both myself and my girlfriend were off the couch (she at 2-3 laps remaining) and me at the last half of lap 55. Freaking Kimi blocking Max...what an ass, and even Yuki.

And of course the stupidity of Haas drivers continues to abound. I have to say, despite it being an American team; would anybody give a shit if they folded? They are a HORRIBLE team with HORRIBLE drivers. HORRIBLE. No way Schumacher would have a seat if his dad wasn't a superstar. NONE. Hell, Alonso pretty much said today Brian Herta's son should be in F-1. Alonso, Kimi and Giovinazzi were in some good fights as well. I can also now say...Fernando >> Kimi. Fernando still can race and drive - Kimi is just on a retirement tour and has been for 3 years. Also, if it wasn't clear Bottas sucks and will never be F-1 champion today should have cleared that up. George should have had his seat this year; but next...Hamilton is going to be seriously challenged at Merc.

Last edited:
The Kimi/Yuki thing was bullshit but I think Mitch was a blessing in disguise. Good on Max to be ready to deploy DRS (and there was a back marker In the DRS zone) while Lewis was all derp! When Max’s wing popped open and Hammies didn’t I was like MAX HAS THiS! I was on my feet for the last 6 laps myself!

@BytorJr - I agree, HAAS can go, they won’t be missed. Maybe Porsche or VW comes in?

I wouldn’t push off Mick so fast. He won the 2018 FIA F3 championship and then the 2020 F2 championship. Neither are easy to accomplish given the cars and talented drivers all gunning for their chance at F1. Mick has always had a target on back and always will. I’m a Ferrari fan, but my favorite driver is Lando - so what the fuck do I know…

Reactions: eflyguy
Wish I could have seen more than half an hour of the race... Fucking Kansas weather had the ABC affiliate jumping in for 45 minutes, then for the last ten laps. It's Kansas; no one cares if it gets wiped off the face of the earth by tornadoes. Anyway, Max has come a long way from the impulsive kid that debuted a few years ago. Plus, it was nice to not see Lew Lew win. I know he's a legend, but he needs to STFU. Speaking of which, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to include Danica? She knows nothing about F1 and was flat out cringeworthy. Reaffirms my strategy of never watching a race live; allowed me to fast forward any time she came on screen.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

It is a shame there is no competitive seat for new drivers but would you rather see Mick or Perez in a Red-Bull? The imbalance across teams now is sad. As poor as Haas performs, it would be a shame to lose two more seats. I seriously doubt next year will make a difference. Edited to add - it's even sadder when someone like haz-a-spin is needed to keep a team afloat.

fwiw I don't have "tv" service, I only get to watch because I stream ESPN using my ex's Dish account - and F1 is the only thing I watch using it. It's nice because you get all the Sky coverage (warts and bimbos and all), but skip the retarded ads. Fewer fvcks could not be given for any other "sport" these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Eunozs
The Kimi/Yuki thing was bullshit but I think Mitch was a blessing in disguise. Good on Max to be ready to deploy DRS (and there was a back marker In the DRS zone) while Lewis was all derp! When Max’s wing popped open and Hammies didn’t I was like MAX HAS THiS! I was on my feet for the last 6 laps myself!
Good point, because I, like you, saw that Crybaby's wing didn't open I was like...Max has got this. I noticed at the podium, there was not a lot of spray between Red Bull guys and Crybaby. Crybaby also has all the celebs....enough said.

I wonder just how bad Max's tires were? 9 laps difference is pretty staggering and it also shows Crybaby is good at tire management as well. Redbull really need to work on their pit performance which has sucked with the new rule.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

It is a shame there is no competitive seat for new drivers but would you rather see Mick or Perez in a Red-Bull? The imbalance across teams now is sad. As poor as Haas performs, it would be a shame to lose two more seats. I seriously doubt next year will make a difference. Edited to add - it's even sadder when someone like haz-a-spin is needed to keep a team afloat.

fwiw I don't have "tv" service, I only get to watch because I stream ESPN using my ex's Dish account - and F1 is the only thing I watch using it. It's nice because you get all the Sky coverage (warts and bimbos and all), but skip the retarded ads. Fewer fvcks could not be given for any other "sport" these days.
I like Checo; but he's not nearly as fast as I'd hoped. Good quali; but his race stuff is still down a bit. That said, now that Newey is back and Perez is starting to set the car up to his liking, I hope he can defend for Max better. He did wonderfully the first few corners where he immediately gave 2nd back to Max. Sad he didn't figure into the undercut the second time.

Maybe, as @1stIDvet has mentioned, VAG, will produce an entry. I doubt it'd be under Porsche since Porsche should always be about Endurance Racing; but I can see a VW or Audi branded effort (VAG was was rumored to be the coming when Honda pulled the plug). I actually think the Audi effort in LeMans should have been turned into Porsche effort; and Audi gone to F-1. But what the hell do I know about Marketing. After all; BMW pulled out of F-1.

The overall excitement of the finish and the constant fighting of the 1st and 2nd tier of mid-pack cars made this a great race indeed.

The low points of which were how poorly The National Anthem was sung and Danica (any time she opened her mouth I was like...SHUT UP!!). Who's idea was that? No way that shit would have happened with Bernie at the helm. I was completely shocked at how little race craft she knew and could translate. There are PLENTY of women drivers out there now that could have done a much better job - looking at the IMSA teams/LeMans. Then, I SWEAR I heard her say she'd never heard an F-1 engine "before today" (I assume before the weekend) which is just stunning to me that somebody who ran open-wheeled would never have even HEARD an F-1 engine before. Wonder what she'd though with a 19,000 RPM V10/V12 screaming by?