• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

@BytorJr

While I am not a fan of Hamilton, especially now, there's no need for people to bring in racist remarks and unfortunately people have. Hamilton won't be suspended, which sucks. I hope Max is in top shape next race and kicks Lewis ass and continues to do so the rest of the race season. I want Max to win the Championship and I want to see Lewis never ever win a driver's championship again. Cause fuck that guy!

@BytorJr

While I am not a fan of Hamilton, especially now, there's no need for people to bring in racist remarks and unfortunately people have. Hamilton won't be suspended, which sucks. I hope Max is in top shape next race and kicks Lewis ass and continues to do so the rest of the race season. I want Max to win the Championship and I want to see Lewis never ever win a driver's championship again. Cause fuck that guy!
I agree. No need to bring racist remarks into the conversation. I do think they handle him with kid gloves because of the volatility involved. I guess that's just where we are as a planet at this moment in time.

1943AD40-4405-46D1-85A1-91C0B583171D.jpeg

Not F-1, but the Porsche Flat-12 and the Flat-8 sounded damn good too. I really enjoyed seeing the Flat-8 at Rennsport reunion. VERY unique sound. Pretty much any racing engine not turbocharged sounds good :).

This whole 33 vs 44 incident reminds me of an incident I personally had at Roebling Road in the early 2000s. This was at a DE event. I was blasting down the straight starting my turn-in to turn one (I was about 1.5 car widths from apex) which I usually double apexed and required a more aggressive turn in (though honestly never could figure out if this was actually faster) and fortunately, I checked my side rearview mirror. Next thing I know this Radical was within inches of my arse, but sneaking along the inside of those 1.5 widths at a delta V of probably 30-40 mph. Fortunately I saw that little thing; a younger driver would have likely turned right into him. NEVER would have expected at a DE for somebody to try to pass on the inside after turn-in starts - unless of course it's allowed by rules.

Granted, he had superior handling, was much faster, etc, etc. But this was a "no passing in turns" DE and there was no wave-by. I still have no idea where he came from (I think the pit). Had I chosen to, I could have demolished his car (and mine). He had the red mist. I came back into the pits, made my complaint known, and that guy had the gall to say "his fault." Uhh, how is it "his fault" when the rules are NO PASSING in turns and only with wave-by!!! Nothing damaged, but they should have booted his ass for a few hours and sessions till he could realize he's running with a bunch of street cars and not full blown race cars which doesn't give him permission to not follow the rules.

F1 sucks. Haven't watched it for years. There's virtually no passing and when there is, it's due to dirty gameplaying. Super Formula And Super GT are much more exciting without the F1 whiners and drama.

Reactions: johnnyvw
Suppose if one wants to hear a racing engine today, one must go to an outboard hydroplane race. Some of the classes still use tuned pipes. Yes they are L O U D!
8E1D3F9B-B241-4888-8794-F41B6404DD14.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty fair response to a really nasty accident.

On another forum.

My remark in response to many angry thoughts stated about the accident was; “Since F1 is labeling remarks made about Louis Hamilton, as racist, we best leave it alone.”

I was labeled an uneducated (racist) (by a presumably fan of hamilton.)

I am really getting tired of this world we now live in.

Well what a great start to the race. Don’t know how old many of you gentleman are, but for some who might not remember 20 years ago. When a very bad wreck took place on the first lap, they would assemble the starting grid, allow the drivers to get in their spare car and the championship would go on as normal.

In these times, they have now gifted the championship to hamilton and we will be gifted with another year where hamilton, mercedes-benz and formula 1 call us all racists because we don’t worship hamilton like he was the second coming. I am pissed. Mercedes takes out the competition two races in a row.

Reactions: Schütze
Yes, back in the day the "T" car would have been brought out with a collision like that. I guess Mercedes just figures...ram the competition. I'm so sick of Mercedes. Max was up 32 or 36 points before the British GP. Now he has an engine penalty because what engine can withstand a 51G shock...now costing him a grid penalty. Gets taken out effectively by "the bitch" Bottas and takes out Lando too. Lando was PISSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!!!!!

I had hoped Alonso would have taken him out and indeed they almost tangled. No doubt, Ocon drove a fantastic race; but the race was lost by the bumbling pit stop of Aston Martin. Driver of the day...hard to say. That Max finished at all with a car that was severely damaged says a lot about his skill level. But for all out driving, positioning the car, and making hamilton whine like the spoiled brat he is - Alonso is today's hero!!!! Face it cry baby louis....Alonso has more skills than you do in spades...just like probably 4 other drivers on the grid do: Max, Lando, George, and maybe LeClerq. Crybaby just has superior equipment and a team with immense political power.

I hope Red Bull come back; but history shows this isn't really possible against Mercedes.

Anyone notice how winded Lewis was at the end of the race? Looked like he was about to pass out at the podium ceremony too…

Faking it for sympathy or something going on with his health?

Reactions: Winged Pig
Anyone notice how winded Lewis was at the end of the race? Looked like he was about to pass out at the podium ceremony too…

Faking it for sympathy or something going on with his health?
Maybe he faked his covid results? They cheat at everything; why not that? But yes, he looked absolutely wrecked. Probably felt like Max's car did today. Hopefully Karma will come back to haunt his arrogant self.

Looking back at what Alonso said about cry baby when he hired on at Alpine; basically, when he has somebody as a teammate at or near his skill level he'd not have that many championships...pointing out himself, Button, and puff boy Nico. Not sure if that's a completely objective statement by Alonso because hamilton was younger; but it does pan out that he doesn't particularly like having a super competitive teammate. No way Max would not destroy hamlilton in hamilton's car. None. As we know I'm a huge Max fan, but today showed how good he really is. Car missing right barge board, part of floor, held together by metal-tape.

Also, I noticed young Schumacher is going to be just like his daddy...very, very wide elbows.

Wonder how much Mercedes paid to make sure not enough fuel found onboard Sebastians car!!! That REALLY hurts Max's chances now.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
It’s not just a show piece for merc in particular.

The same could be said about Red Bull 8-10 years ago.

Ever since the rule changes/cost savings the team that has the formula right gets a solid 2 years of dominance because they just aren’t allowed to spend enough to catch up.

merc was the only team to employ a really large turbo in the beginning and since you really can’t scrap a engine anymore…that trickles into the next years spending because you aren’t wasting resources at the end if they year scrapping it out.

And just like newy with red bull they are thinking outside the box. While the others (exeot with Ferrari with the engine) are playing it down the middle or it seems like it.

f-duct
Variable geometry steering
etc

I’m a Ferrari fan..but merc is squeezing every ounce out of the rule book.

You mean the mercedes rule book ?
Formula 1 has themselves an honest to goodness pickle that they designed themselves. I wonder if the Aston Martin really had more than 0.3L of fuel but Mercedes paid them (very, very discreetly) to not get 1L. Just like Hamilton not getting any significant penalty for running into Max. Max correctly pointed out he didn't do that to LeClerq at Copse and as a result made the legit pass. Hamilton should have had a 1 race ban after that crash.

The pickle though is that Mercedes supplies four teams. If they get their feelings hurt, maybe they pull out of F-1. Ferrari will never pull out of F-1, and as much as I dislike the Scuderia, I respect they are the absolute cornerstone of F-1. Once F-1 put these engine rules in that really makes it almost impossible for another manufacturer to come into the game, they sealed their fate. They SHOULD have listened to Porsche and come up with the engine spec based off the 919. Much cheaper, many, many companies could have gotten involved and as a result increased competition. Not that I want to see a new spec every 2 years, but this bullshit we're in now has harmed F-1 for ever.

Whilst true Red Bull ruled for a while, I don't know how much of it was the rule/engine spec. I wasn't really watching much F-1 then. Nobody really excited me as we'd just come from the Shuey era which as beyond boring.

Reactions: STUKA
Schumacher era wasn't boring to me at all. Worked at Porsche Supercup in that time as technician and watched many of his races life....In 1994 Monaco I watched the race from a boat in the harbor, Ferrari was still running V12 engines (last year) all others had V10 ones already. Surely miss that sound. I was leaning with my back against a surfboard hanging on the boat deck railing. It was vibrating....

Reactions: STUKA
I watched Schumacher and Barrichello and Massa race in those years, in person. Even though Ferrari won a majority of the races, it was almost always in doubt. So much so that I remember Brenda Lea calling me while I was shooting a match to tell me Schumacher won. It was that much in doubt.

Of course the tire debacle at Indianapolis was obvious, but Firestone/Bridgestone had an opportunity to test the track at the Indy 500 so they knew. What sticks in my mind in that race was seeing an IDIOT throw a full beer can over the fence at Rubins. It landed within a few feet as he was traveling over 200mph. I would love to have thrown a mega sized, full beer can at that fools head with the beer can traveling well over 200.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Never saw Red Bull race on the track, only on TV. It seems that while other cars had better speeds, Adrian Newey had a real handle on the aero of that era and the car just seemed to fit Vettles’s style. It seemed almost more of a lock than ever during the Schumacher/Ferrari era.

Nothing has ever existed like what we are experiencing now. Without mid-season testing, with the restrictions on changes, the engine and transmission change restrictions, the lock on engines and the terrible aero / tire changes and total lack of tactics. Its a one trick pony and that pony’s name is mercedes.

Its jsut not relevant. NASCAR is much more entertaining. (Entertaining relative to F1 not the real world) If y’all will excuse me now, I have an important date in my shop, the paint is drying on my new deck railing and I don’t want to miss a minute of it. (Which is more exciting and more entertaining than I can say of the current situation in F1)

Reactions: BytorJr and brianf
all formula 1 is "boring" the cars are just so fast the tracks are not large enough to accommodate the speeds

they need longer straits and banked or off camber turns to make mistakes or possibilities arise

in the "shuey" as boring as it was (still no passing) they we tech marvels/maxed out

you watched to see 20,000RPM and 1400 pound cars turn on a dime

now its the same lack of passing but the cars are run of the mill and fat

all formula 1 is "boring" the cars are just so fast the tracks are not large enough to accommodate the speeds

they need longer straits and banked or off camber turns to make mistakes or possibilities arise

in the "shuey" as boring as it was (still no passing) they we tech marvels/maxed out

you watched to see 20,000RPM and 1400 pound cars turn on a dime

now its the same lack of passing but the cars are run of the mill and fat
I should say just watching/learning Shuey win all the time (or what at the time seemed to be all the time). But no doubt the technology of the V-12/V-10 era was the main draw. This hybrid stuff has ruined that. I remember how "quiet" those first cars were, and it immediately was like WTF...this doesn't sound like F-1.

I'm even ok with the DRS as it does add another element to the driver and the aerodynamic design. I think a big reason I stopped watching F-1 was I didn't have cable for years in the early 2000's, then the cable company I had for a while I don't think carried it.

Reactions: brianf
I was reading a few racer forums, where of course, it's more unruly than The Bear Pit ;). But many good points. Penalties such as slight speeding in pit lane, or in a Yuki moment, crossing the white line slightly too late (stupidly) twice warrants the same penalty as his royal crybaby having run off his main competitor at one of, if not the, fastest turn in F-1??? Red Bull protests and shows the data, as well as showing how royal crybaby passed LeClerq and get told to get out (more or less).

Bottas getting only a 5 grid place penalty is also mind numbing; same as Stroll who whilst also made a mistake (if Bottas truly did?), the drama had already started up front and left him with even fewer options. Again, Merc owns the FIA...it's obvious. Many people, and I agree, say Bottas should be relegated to Williams or Alfa next year - I'd actually be quite happy to see him out. He's annoying as F. But we know cry baby wants to have his lacky on the team so he has no competition; because Russell likely would beat him consistently in quali.

Reactions: Charlie112
Vettel getting disqualified and losing his second place finish sucks. It moves Lewis up to second and that's more points added to his lead, which sucks even more. The fix is in.
Makes one wonder, merc eng and software in that car like you guys know..... just saying

Reactions: BytorJr
Makes one wonder, merc eng and software in that car like you guys know..... just saying
And....Merc actually controls the engine during the race (at least that's my understanding) from reading on racer.com. So, I would NOT put it past Merc to cheat on this level...not at all.

From what I know the team cannot control the engines anymore.
It’s all done in car.

Oh the magic of Lewis Hamilton... Did any of you catch his radio transmission to his race engineer where he was complaining about Alonso being "All over the place" and then following up with "he just moved over on me" with my favorite of the race "at that speed it is so dangerous"...

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

Wait a minute, so now Lewis is all about safety??!!!! The dude caused an airplane crash for Max Verstappen at what is considered one of if not the fastest corner on any of the tracks in F1, (copse at Silverstone), two weeks ago!!!! Fuck you, no seriously fffffffuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkk yyyyyooooooouuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

I didn't think it was possible, but this weekend from his bullshit games during qualifying to his crying on the radio Lewis has managed to make me dislike him even more than I did a week ago. I am sure he won't disappoint and I'll dislike him even more after the next race though.

Ok rant over.

Ok one last thing, I love that Alonso when asked about Lewis complaining went on about how Lewis is always crying about something...

Oh the magic of Lewis Hamilton... Did any of you catch his radio transmission to his race engineer where he was complaining about Alonso being "All over the place" and then following up with "he just moved over on me" with my favorite of the race "at that speed it is so dangerous"...

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

Wait a minute, so now Lewis is all about safety??!!!! The dude caused an airplane crash for Max Verstappen at what is considered one of if not the fastest corner on any of the tracks in F1, (copse at Silverstone), two weeks ago!!!! Fuck you, no seriously fffffffuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkk yyyyyooooooouuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

I didn't think it was possible, but this weekend from his bullshit games during qualifying to his crying on the radio Lewis has managed to make me dislike him even more than I did a week ago. I am sure he won't disappoint and I'll dislike him even more after the next race though.

Ok rant over.

Ok one last thing, I love that Alonso when asked about Lewis complaining went on about how Lewis is always crying about something...
Lewis' old team mate Nico said that Alonso did a great job of getting his elbows out and didn't do anything wrong. His bullshit in the pit lane were he had some gamesmanship is a move of desperation during qually. BTW, if anyone in the group I race with did that shit, it would be know by the race director and no one would like that person. I am pretty sure that is the case and that no one likes Lewis. He probably thinks it's because of his race, but it because he's an asshole.

all the "greats" tried to crash people to win the championship..shuey did it more than once, senna did it the list goes on

if its "our guy" we say its determination and win at all costs

if we hate them we call it dirty

as long as no one gets hurt, history will only know the results in the books

all the "greats" tried to crash people to win the championship..shuey did it more than once, senna did it the list goes on

if its "our guy" we say its determination and win at all costs

if we hate them we call it dirty

as long as no one gets hurt, history will only know the results in the books

Very, very true.

Reactions: Charlie112
Sigh. I was so looking forward to Spa and the start of the second half of the season. Good for Russell and Williams, but I am sure he wanted to take his first podium with a full length race. Weather sure ruined what would have been a great race.

I have to say it…

Where are all the conspiracy guys now that max got first place for free

lololol

I am sure he wanted to take it Hamilton and show him he has his number and keep him in the rearview mirrors the whole time. I really wanted to see Max whup his ass and I was curious to see if Vettel could keep his momentum rolling.

In 1965 at Sebring, during the race, it flooded. The MG’s were putting it on the Ferrari’s Fords, and Jim Hall’s Chaparall. While Jim won overall, during the rain, the Trimumps and MG’s reigned supreme. Nicki Lauda dropped out of the 1985 Japanese Grand Prix but the race went on and determined the World Champion that year. Enjoyed watching Michael Schumacher winning in the rain in 1997, showing everyone the correct rain line while embarrassing the fleet. Heck, Even NASCAR, raced at the Circuit of the America’s in one heck of a rainstorm and all NASCAR vehicles headed for road tracks now have windshield wipers. 2021 Formula I?

Thousands of fans, pay their money, show up in their raincoats and holding their umbrellas and what spectacle do they get to see, louis hamilton putting his hair up in a ponytail. The fans deserved a race, maybe later in the day or a day late race but a race.

Jim Clark detested Spa, but he won the thing four times, twice in the rain on a track that was then far more dangerous and having a surface much poorer than todays’ perfection of paving. And, he was driving a gasoline filled aluminum can. Not like today’s carbon fiber safety cells. Now, I am very much in favor of the safety built into todays race vehicles, But as they say, the babies must not be forced to do anything that might cause them the slightest discomfort.

Spa is still my favorite circuit. Why? It's got to be the most dangerous with the most at risk. It's THE old school track.

Fast forward, Zandvoort was a "strategy" track. I don't think the racing at that place will ever be great; but the strategy yesterday was pretty cool. And Red Bull rolled big on the hard compound and won. Hamilton was still in the race till the end due to tires.

Bottas should have NOT aborted the fast lap...especially in lieu of his signing with Alfa. I hope Albon gets a seat somewhere and that jerk Toto doesn't block it (I'm not sure how all the contracts work now in F-1....seems the top teams "own" the drivers).

Z looks like a fabulous track to drive, but the parade race was dull as heck to watch.

I was just happy that 33 managed to get a good enough start to avoid another torpedo attempt by the silver arrows.

That fast lap point is useless to Bottas, but could be critical in the championship. I was hoping 33 could get ahead enough to go drop on softs as well.

I hope George shames 44 into retirement - with his class and humility, not just on-track performance.

One of the best moments of the race was lap one turn 3 where everyone took the low line and Fernando Alonso took the high line. I don't remember how many cars he passed, but it was cool to see. I am not sure why everyone took the low line, because in practice everyone took the high line through that turn. My only guess would be that they thought they were protecting the inside.

Bottas the ever team driver listening to orders and it only get's him sent packing. I'd like to see him accidentally take Lewis out next race ;). Bottas has help Lewis out a lot, I hope George is allowed to race and not there to help Lewis win races.

Next year with the new cars I hope to see more competition. I would love to see all the cars within tenths while racing and have the best drivers show up. I like how in DTM you don't have the same driver/s winning every week.

Next year with the new cars I hope to see more competition. I would love to see all the cars within tenths while racing and have the best drivers show up. I like how in DTM you don't have the same driver/s winning every week.
I hates being a pessimist, but, if the FIA has anything to do with it, the cars will be absolutely zero, with one builder getting it right and no passing except in the guaranteed passing zones and long 50 to 70 lap long parade laps, interspersed by even longer laps following the interminably slow safety car.

F1 is taking the worst things from NASCAR and professional wrestling while NASCAR is actually racing in the rain on road courses.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
F1 is taking the worst things from NASCAR and professional wrestling while NASCAR is actually racing in the rain on road courses.
Did you inspect anything else from an American owned company? Maybe that's why the 2022 car looks like an IndyCar?

F1 is slowly turning into "American Racing" like it or not (n)

I enjoyed Sunday morning's race. They actually raced. Seeing Max win was excellent, as was listening to Hamilton bitch on the radio. It is impressive the changes in the cars and overall speed. It is very evident on the tracks that haven't been raced on in a long time and are back on the circuit. Prost held the lap speed record at Zandvoort with a 1:16.5 back in '85. This race that record was blown by fasted lap times repeatedly all race and Hamilton set a new lap record with a 1:11.097 when he grabbed fastest lap at the end.

I too enjoyed watching Alonzo take that high line and pass early on. He does seem to be able to fight thru that mid pack regularly. I wish Bottas would have ignored the order to abort fasted lap. What are they going to do? Send him packing to another team?

Yeah, I was pissed Bottas didn't just say to himself...uhhh, I'm not here next year and I've been Louis' bitch since 2017.

And yes, all this new drive to make all cars competitive with each other is actually hindering it. Open it back up to the free-for-all on design it was in the 80s-90s and even up until the 00s. I'm ok with X number of engines; but think if somebody is pushed off like Max then that has nothing to do with reliability and they are allowed a "free" replacement (though the fresher engine will give an advantage).

I’m glad to see Russell at Mercedes. I think he is a great driver. I feel he can really push Lewis. Hopefully the leadership will let him.

Bottas has beaten 44 several times, so I don't expecy George will be held back.

As I stated earlier, I hope his class and humility, and on-track performance, will shame that little racist prick into retirement before the end of his "contract".

Glad to see Albon back.