• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

I too am waiting for this season to start. Looking forward to 4th of July Weekend and getting to be at home and watching the first race.

I’m super stoked to get the ball rolling.

Since Mercedes has decided to go all touchy-feely for this season (cars wearing a black livery this whole season) I am switching my allegiance to my number 2......McLaren.

I’m normally a Lewis Hamilton fan, but I’m almost hoping He doesn’t win any races this season just so I won’t have to listen to his bullshit about the foolishness going on in the world.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
F1 fan here! I grew up racing karts all around the southwest in So. Cal, so F1 was my motivation. Was never attracted to NASCAR, since real racers turn left AND right ;) My only claim to racing fame was that I out qualified(but was later over taken by) Scott Speed(Former Red bull/Toro Rosso driver back in 05'? 06?) when we were racking karts. I wanted to stuff his kart into the dirt on a few turns after he overtook me haha :) Favorite driver was Schummi. But, my team is still Ferrari. I sure miss and love karting though....I needed to do something with my life besides race karts and smoke weed. Life and military eventually got in the way of racing. Trying to get back into it years later, I found that karting isn't what it used to be and most all the tracks I raced at are mostly gone now. Any kart racers on here? Is karting still present in the states?

Last edited:
F1 fan here! I grew up racing karts all around the southwest in So. Cal, so F1 was my motivation. Was never attracted to NASCAR, since real racers turn left AND right ;) My only claim to racing fame was that I out qualified(but was later over taken by) Scott Speed(Former Red bull/Toro Rosso driver back in 05'? 06?) when we were racking karts. I wanted to stuff his kart into the dirt on a few turns after he overtook me haha :) Favorite driver was Schummi. But, my team is still Ferrari. I sure miss and love karting though....I needed to do something with my life besides race karts and smoke weed. Life and military eventually got in the way of racing. Trying to get back into it years later, I found that karting isn't what it used to be and most all the tracks I raced at are mostly gone now. Any kart racers on here? Is karting still present in the states?

Jump up to cars and look at NASA and SCCA.

First race qualifying of 2020:
(All times off pole)
1. Bottas
2. Hamilton (+.012)
3. Verstappen (+.538)
4. Norris (+.687)
5. Albon (+.929)

The top 3 is pretty understandable. Happy for Lando and Alex to round out the top 5. Merc looks to be ready to continue.

Who ya got tomorrow?
Assuming no mechanical issues, I think it will be a Merc 1-2, with Hamilton on top. I think the DAS system this year is going to give Hamilton his 7th title.

Where’s Ferrari at?

Here we go. starts in a little bit. I think it is going to be Hamilton - Verstappen - Bottas. Smart for red bull to run med tires during Qual while everyone else was on softs. I think that will give Max the advantage to work into 2nd. I agree that the DAS is going to give Hamilton his 7th title and Mercedes another constructor cup.

*edit. Looks like Hamilton just got bumped to P5 for that yellow flag incident yesterday. This changes it. I think Verstappen - Bottas - and not sure on 3rd. Maybe Hamilton if he can recover. He may end up doing two pits for the race due to starting on those soft tires.

Any given Sunday. LOL. Boy, that sure ended the way I didn't expect. Lots of retirements this race. I will be curious to see the changes they make for next week.

Super happy for Lando coming out with P3. Good to see a young one (and McLaren) do so well early in the season. Hope they can keep it up.

Much better race than I expected. Bummer for Max, he's had some pretty disappointing mechanical DNF's in his short career. Good drive for Leclerc considering the Ferrari's mediocre power, shows good patience for a young gun.

That was about the sloppiest race I’ve seen as far as mechanical failures go. It was great to see more teams competitive for that last podium spot.
Racing the same course twice in a row will hopefully make for some interesting results.
Maybe this season won’t be a total bust after all.

Great race last weekend.

Hamilton could have given albon the space and fought back for 2nd or 3rd at worst. Instead he gets a 5s penalty, drops to 4th.

Lolol.

Hamilton is a poor sport who mascarades as holier than thou.

Reactions: Maxwell
also, if vettel hadn't done the late attack on turn 3, he may have ended up in top 5. He was one back from leclerc at the time.

Not sure why Renault went with Alonso. I guess they don't see any of the younger drivers as up in coming F1 drivers. I would think someone like Mick Schumacher might be a better investment for the long run.

Reactions: Jethro3898
Renault has history with him. He is known quantity. I too think they should have looked at some of the younger drivers, but I think they got caught short by Riccardo jumping to McLaren and scrambled to find someone for 2021. Last year it was a huge feather in their cap to sign Riccardo and he was supposed to be their anchor for a few years to try and break out of midpack. I do not know how long they signed Alonso for, but it is likely more than 1 year.

I like Riccardo and My Go-to driver has been Vettel since redbull. If Vettel has no seat, I may find myself as a McLaren Fan as I dispise Hamilton, and have no specific allegience to Ferrari other than Vettel went there so I followed.

It's interesting the way drivers shift teams. I find people either love a Team or Love a driver, and seem to ignore the changes as just a shuffling of the deck.

Renault has history with him. He is known quantity. I too think they should have looked at some of the younger drivers, but I think they got caught short by Riccardo jumping to McLaren and scrambled to find someone for 2021. Last year it was a huge feather in their cap to sign Riccardo and he was supposed to be their anchor for a few years to try and break out of midpack. I do not know how long they signed Alonso for, but it is likely more than 1 year.

I agree that Renault's history with Alonso plays a big part in this. However I think an even larger part is that Renault seriously needs a good...nay a great development driver, and not just any development driver, but one that the designers and engineers will trust and respect, and that is a mighty short list.

Also I think Alonso gets a lot of respect for doing a lot of the development work during 2018 when McClaren was stuck at the back of the grid. I don't think McClaren would have gotten out of the hole they were in with out his input. A bit of a shame he didn't get to drive the so much better 2019 car, on the other hand McClaren getting younger drivers freed up a lot of money to put into their car. It's always a tricky balance, isn't it?

Renault corporate dumped a lot of money into the F1 team with promises that would that investment would push them up the grid, and that so far that hasn't been the case. I have heard talk that the team should put the money into the car, and not pay so much money out to Alonso. Truth is they did put a lot of money into the car, and Danny Ric was supposed to be the guy who would drive the car farther up the grid, and that just didn't happen.

While I think Danny Ric is a great driver, I think his driving style gave Renault fits. I also don't think he has the time with the team or chemistry that would cause the design and engineering staff to trust his input, at least to the degree I think they will give to Alonso.

I think Seb's spirit was broken long ago. Maybe he could heal at another team, but you all know he doesn't like the turbo hybrid cars, nor is he a huge fan of the often uneven decisions from the race stewards. I personally think that leaving F1 is the best thing that Seb can do for Seb.

It's interesting the way drivers shift teams. I find people either love a Team or Love a driver, and seem to ignore the changes as just a shuffling of the deck.

It is interesting in F1. Drivers shift teams at a fairly rapid pace. I like Sainz, but it is going to be tough rooting for him driving for Scuderia next year. I am sure I will be able too, especially with the paring with Leclerc. I think that will be a potent young team.

Renault corporate dumped a lot of money into the F1 team with promises that would that investment would push them up the grid, and that so far that hasn't been the case. I have heard talk that the team should put the money into the car, and not pay so much money out to Alonso. Truth is they did put a lot of money into the car, and Danny Ric was supposed to be the guy who would drive the car farther up the grid, and that just didn't happen.

While I think Danny Ric is a great driver, I think his driving style gave Renault fits. I also don't think he has the time with the team or chemistry that would cause the design and engineering staff to trust his input, at least to the degree I think they will give to Alonso.

I think Seb's spirit was broken long ago. Maybe he could heal at another team, but you all know he doesn't like the turbo hybrid cars, nor is he a huge fan of the often uneven decisions from the race stewards. I personally think that leaving F1 is the best thing that Seb can do for Seb.

I think you are correct about Renault, especially the part about trusting input by Alonso in building a car for 2021/2022. Not sure if Seb will land another team. Perhaps, as he is only 33 yo iirc, but it may be time for him to move on. Take a note from Alonso and go race some LeMan's/ do other things and then return.

Reactions: Charlie112
Alonso was a great driver but remember when he was in his prime winning championships his car was cutting/loop hole as well

He had tires that grew in width by 3/4” when they warmed up

And they had a huge piece of ballast in the nose that was not really legal as well.

Then he had the team wrestled away from him by Hamilton (good or bad right or wrong )

I think of him as a better kimi
He can drive anything to it’s potential but he can’t extract 110% like Hamilton or schummi

Edit...f-ing auto spell

Last edited:
The only racing worth watching is from the track. Go to a track day. I'll instruct you if it's in Atlanta area. :)

my racing days have taken a very far back set to disney and the kids lol
was doing Skip Barber SCCA stiff for a bunch of years on the east coast, never got down south though
i was in same years as marco team green, he was a few years younger.
we used to laugh because they had michael and 2-3 other guys in green shirts timing and watching every lap..little bastard was fast too

Reactions: pilotjoe
ADCD4BE4-AB12-4AEA-9B39-A1EE082CE018.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 91Eunozs
What an exciting qualifying today. Quite the nail-biter due to the rai

Unfortunately (or fortunately) there is no rain in the forecast tomorrow, so it should be a more conventional race. Hamilton showed once again how good he is in the rain. P1 (Hamilton) to P2 (Verstappen) was over 1.2 seconds.....that’s nuts. Granted, Verstappen spun on his last lap and lost time, but I guess that’s all part of it.

Sainz (P3) , Ocon (P5) and Gasly (P7) were the big stars to me.....in some very difficult conditions to boot.

Well, stupid Sky about pissed me off today with their everybody should kneel bullshit. Glad to see my man Max didn't kneel last week or this week. I sure hope he doesn't cave into the bullshit. Likely they'll force them all to do so.

I won't get into the podium celebration today, but it just made me hate the driver I've always disliked even more...despite him likely becoming the all time wins leader in the next year. He'll likely never be dethroned from that title - so how did he win so many titles and wins? Obviously a plot against him.

Actually a open/from the horses mouth was the internal plot to make Michael Andretti fail when driving with senna.

The engineers actually gave Michael substandard parts and substandard set up because they didn’t like the american coming to a European sport.

Michael didn’t help by still mainly living in the US and being mid pack skill on road courses either.

The only records I pay attention to are the ones from the early days of F1, because there was just so much danger that if you had a record it’s because you were that good.

And the early 90’s to the 2008 season when all the rules and regs came in and ruined it.
Big power
hi g’s
experimental technology
What F1 is supposed to be

The 80’s were great for engine and car diversity but not all races counted for points etc so you could take a race “off” come in mid pack and still win the championship.

The race was extremely good, especially the last 5-10 laps. Lando Norris continues to impress me with his ability. Passing 2 racing points (aka the Pink Mercedes) in the last lap was awesome.

I'm just sad that the enjoyment of the restart of F1 is being hijacked by social issues. It's almost like everyone is trying to manipulate you into confessing to being guilty of something you are not.

I agree with the post above about the continued press from Sky Sports for everyone to kneel. I understand they feel the need to stamp out racism, I’m just annoyed that they feel kneeling for a photo op is what will do it. I’m glad Jenson Button (I think it was) when asked if they should all kneel to show a united front made the comment of something like “it really is more important what you do in your actual life, not just the show of taking a knee before a race”.

I didn’t see the podium ceremony. I’m kind of glad I didn’t if it was turned into some form of a spectacle.

I find it a little rich that arguably the most successful driver in Formula 1 history is a black man and yet the sport needs to "stamp out racism and lack of diversity". TALENT is rewarded in competitive sports. Should that talent come from a black man, white man, Asian woman, or whatever, they will be rewarded. Teams want to win.....that's the only reason you compete. I'm all for an athlete or celebrity using their platform to bring attention to something they deem important.....I don't care if it is racism, world hunger, human rights, or cancer research.....just do it in a respectful manner at the appropriate time. You attract more flies with honey than vinegar. This was always my gripe with Kaepernick. Listen man, you are interviewed before and after every single game, often multiple times. Do your interview and at the end interject, "Hey guys, I've got something that is really important to me that I'd like to address. Something that I feel is important to a large group of people."....and then give your opinion. When you do what Kaepernick did (kneel during the national anthem) you immediately alienate a decent percentage of people because the manner of protest you chose can be deemed offensive or in poor taste.

Reactions: BytorJr
I've never liked Hamilton, but I respect the fact he's a phenomenal driver. I mean, really, of all the sports their are, automobile racing from the fan's hides the driver's race. If nobody knew who Hamilton was, they'd never know he was black while he was driving the car. His talent does the talking, as it should.

I don't disagree with Hamilton's desire more minorities get into math and science. However, wear the BLM t-shirt, pumping fist in air like in 1968 Mexico City flat out turns me off. Not to mention he has no problem doing a sponsorship with BOSS. If he'd just stick to something like The Hamilton Foundation for STEM to help out minorities I'd be all behind that - 100%. He's chosen to align himself at least by his actions pre/post-race with a Marxist group instead.

However, I'm starting to get concerned Max is not going to win a championship anytime soon. And by the time he's able to get into a competitive car old Lando is going to be right on his heals, as could be George Russell. Once Hamilton retires (probably 2022 season if I guessed) F-1 is going to be VERY entertaining. This new crop of drivers are outstanding.

I think we can count Seb out from ever coming back...he's going to retire unless Red Bull kick out Albon (possible as he's not doing that well). I only expect a whimper from Alonso. Alonso is pretty divisive and with a team in as much chaos as Renault I don't see that panning out well. Alonso is vastly overrated IMO. His last years at McClaren prove that to me. The fact that after he left, with a ROOKIE and another rather inexperienced lad (though not completely) managed to get McClaren competitive again.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Hamilton has a right to promote whatever he wants, but he is hitching his wagon to the wrong horse. I wish he would do his own thing and try to show a classy way of handling the issue instead of jumping on (and encouraging/manipulating others in F1 to jump on) the BLM bandwagon. For someone who comes across as very calculating, Hamilton has closed his eyes and jumped off the cliff on this one. I just kind of wish, like you said, he would started his own thing to give people a better option than BLM.

Max will by hampered by Red Bull until: A) Hamilton retires or B) the 2022 F1 regs possibly shake things up. Max is a great driver. I feel second only to Hamilton as far as ability goes. He definitely is more aggressive than anyone else on the track, which is entertaining. Even though Hamilton's antics drive me nuts (even before this season), I have to admire how he has been able to maintain his stay at the top. Granted, he's got Mercedes behind him, but the desire/drive to improve and not rest on his laurels is impressive. In the next season or two he will solidify pretty much every record in Formula 1 and they will likely never be broken. I think we are seeing history being made with Lewis....and I can appreciate that. No matter how good the young guys are I don't see any of them equaling and certainly not surpassing what Lewis has done. It is almost mind-boggling. Now, weight all that he's done versus his current rhetoric about the systemic inequality in F1 and I'm left scratching my head......I just don't get it....

I will be happy to see Alonso back on the grid. I know that he will help Renault develop their car more, but let's face it.....it's an uphill climb. I can't remember the last time someone retired/took a long period off and came back and ever did anything worthwhile in F1. Niki Lauda is the only one that comes to memory......and Alonso is no Lauda.

Reactions: BytorJr
What caught me by surprise this year is Racing Point. Where the hell did they come from to become so competitive in the mid pack?

What caught me by surprise this year is Racing Point. Where the hell did they come from to become so competitive in the mid pack?

They received Mercedes’ engine and gearbox technology from last year. Supposedly they ripped off their aero package from last year too....hence Renault’s protest they filed yesterday.

My opinion is to ask them all to kneel on their home country flags for the photo op.

If they refuse, then it's not #BLM, its #FuckUSA.... CHOOSE, you cunts.

Reactions: DustBun
I used to be a big fan, I even worked a few races in Europe. Merc's dominance the last few years has had me following it less, and Lewis's nonsense even more.

For bunch of no nothing gun toting bible readers, you guys have a pretty good handle on the multi-billion dollar game called F1!

We're not as dumb as we look ;)

Undefeated six-peat world champions.....
1594860032284.png

My guess is that Merc gave them blueprints. Not like that would happen in F1. Eh hmmm McClaren, Ferrari and Renault Spy gate 2007.

F1 should get somebody just retired to test both RP and 2019 Merc. See how close. Bet it’s within 0.2 sec. or maybe a lemans driver since that’s closest to F1 performance. Guarantee they are cheating. Sr wants Jr to look good. The real ? Is will Vettel go there?

I used to be a big fan, I even worked a few races in Europe. Merc's dominance the last few years has had me following it less, and Lewis's nonsense even more.
Until Max got to Redbull I could hardly watch. Now it’s frustrating because I think Max is faster than Louis. If Max were in Merc I think he would consistently beat LH. If Valtteri can get close Max would destroy. I think all Max does is simulator in free time. He’s a Junkie. Lol.

My guess is that Merc gave them blueprints. Not like that would happen in F1. Eh hmmm McClaren, Ferrari and Renault Spy gate 2007.

F1 should get somebody just retired to test both RP and 2019 Merc. See how close. Bet it’s within 0.2 sec. or maybe a lemans driver since that’s closest to F1 performance. Guarantee they are cheating. Sr wants Jr to look good. The real ? Is will Vettel go there?

Im on the fence.
if the rent the power unit..they have speed
Same tires
Same fabrication skill
Same pit box skill more or less

They say they took every picture they could find and pretty much reversed engineered every part they could see.

since they rules are more like nascar than f1 the last 15 years...I think it’s possible

The thing that leads me to believe its more or less a straight up fake is the small parts are the same. One thing to get the wing and stuff but the brake duct is very telling as it drives a lot of the other design as well as apparently the drum around the disk housing is also like 2010 Merc.

The amount of effort to get every detail the same isn’t likely done in the F1 off season IMO. The wind tunnel and CFD work would be insane. I really cannot see it being clean sheet design.

As for power units we know they buy those and that’s 100% within the rules.

I agree F1 has largely lost the feel of the days of old, but if somebody could break the Merc dominance the racing is actually better since they got rid of skinny cars.

Reactions: Kartman
I have been following F1 since 75, back when ABC Wide World of Sports would televise Monoco. We only had 4 channels back then. First F1 race I attended was the 1981 USGP at Ceasar's Palace and I was hooked.

I have tired of the sport because FIA has been slowly making it into another IROC so that other teams can afford to get into it. Remember when the teams chose the tire brands, could run whatever compounds. They could determine their fuel loads and consume as much as they wanted. Ferrari had 4 cyl turbos, Jag had normally aspirated V12's, Williams had Cosworth V8's. I even remember the Tyrrell P34. I miss the creativeness and differences that made F1 really exciting. I understand that all that is expensive and some teams cannot afford to compete at that level, that is why there are other classes.

I have seen the FIA lower the standards and not raise the bar. This sport used to be about performance, precision and skill yet drivers now can have all 4 tires off the track lap after lap and nothing is done. The drivers sure do stay in track limits at Monoco. I guarantee they would do better if the edges of the track went back to grass or gravel.

These things have been bothering me over the years but I overlooked it for the love of the sport and watched every practice, qualifying and race and attended races when I could. However after 45 years I am done and the final straw was Lewis Hamilton and his arrogant BLM statements. Where he makes statements like:
"I would have thought by now you would see why this happens and say something about it but you can’t stand alongside us. Just know I know who you... are and I see you." "...I know who you are and I see you."??? WTF, he is the thought police?

Or there is this article where he calls out Ferrari and others for not reacting properly. Lewis Hamilton demands F1 do more to promote diversity and BLM message after drivers refuse to take knee again.

@BytorJr made a great point that I absolutely agree with. " If nobody knew who Hamilton was, they'd never know he was black while he was driving the car. His talent does the talking, as it should." I have always liked the multiculturalism of F1. There have been drivers from Japan, India, Russia, etc. I don't care.

I will not be told how I am suppose to react, think or feel about anything and I will not support it when others are being told how to react, think or feel. He stepped way over the line. A six time world champion with a net worth of $285 M. Yeah, there's a lot of racism going on. It's convenient he forgot his other half which would make him just as guilty based on color alone.

Will F1 miss me? Nope, and it should not. But this is my own little protest and it will just give me more time to shoot.

Remember when the teams chose the tire brands, could run whatever compounds. They could determine their fuel loads and consume as much as they wanted. Ferrari had 4 cyl turbos, Jag had normally aspirated V12's, Williams had Cosworth V8's. I even remember the Tyrrell P34. I miss the creativeness and differences that made F1 really exciting. I understand that all that is expensive and some teams cannot afford to compete at that level, that is why there are other classes.

That is one of the things I love about off road racing. The Unlimited classes are still Unlimited for the most part. Any engine, any shock, any tire (up to 42")

I have been following F1 since 75, back when ABC Wide World of Sports would televise Monoco. We only had 4 channels back then. First F1 race I attended was the 1981 USGP at Ceasar's Palace and I was hooked.

I have tired of the sport because FIA has been slowly making it into another IROC so that other teams can afford to get into it. Remember when the teams chose the tire brands, could run whatever compounds. They could determine their fuel loads and consume as much as they wanted. Ferrari had 4 cyl turbos, Jag had normally aspirated V12's, Williams had Cosworth V8's. I even remember the Tyrrell P34. I miss the creativeness and differences that made F1 really exciting. I understand that all that is expensive and some teams cannot afford to compete at that level, that is why there are other classes.

I have seen the FIA lower the standards and not raise the bar. This sport used to be about performance, precision and skill yet drivers now can have all 4 tires off the track lap after lap and nothing is done. The drivers sure do stay in track limits at Monoco. I guarantee they would do better if the edges of the track went back to grass or gravel.

These things have been bothering me over the years but I overlooked it for the love of the sport and watched every practice, qualifying and race and attended races when I could. However after 45 years I am done and the final straw was Lewis Hamilton and his arrogant BLM statements. Where he makes statements like:
"I would have thought by now you would see why this happens and say something about it but you can’t stand alongside us. Just know I know who you... are and I see you." "...I know who you are and I see you."??? WTF, he is the thought police?

Or there is this article where he calls out Ferrari and others for not reacting properly. Lewis Hamilton demands F1 do more to promote diversity and BLM message after drivers refuse to take knee again.

@BytorJr made a great point that I absolutely agree with. " If nobody knew who Hamilton was, they'd never know he was black while he was driving the car. His talent does the talking, as it should." I have always liked the multiculturalism of F1. There have been drivers from Japan, India, Russia, etc. I don't care.

I will not be told how I am suppose to react, think or feel about anything and I will not support it when others are being told how to react, think or feel. He stepped way over the line. A six time world champion with a net worth of $285 M. Yeah, there's a lot of racism going on. It's convenient he forgot his other half which would make him just as guilty based on color alone.

Will F1 miss me? Nope, and it should not. But this is my own little protest and it will just give me more time to shoot.
Arrrggggggggggggg Dustbun...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't remind me of having the choice, generally, between Pirelli, Michelin, Dunlop, and Goodyear and any compound they wanted and a reasonable amount of tyres (there is no tire in F1 ;) . Granted, tyre strategy is a big part of F-1 now; and I guess it's more of a team sport.

I don't want to see drivers die; but I think Max and Seb have it right...LET US RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They understand it....a true racer is not going to be worried about anything but winning. LH wines like a teenage girl without her cell phone. I'm really hoping somebody or some team steps up to the plate and shuts Hamilton the F up. He's not been discriminated against, but I bet there is some reverse discrimination going on. I sure hope Max Verstappen, Antonio Giovinazzi, Daniil Kvyat, Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc and Kimi Raikkonen keep standing (figuratively and literally) for THEIR rights not to bow to King Louis I. If I could get their private emails I'd send them a support letter.

NOBODY is defending racism Mr. Hamilton. But the BLM is a political organization based heavily on Marxism. I remember two obvious incidences in my career standing up for a guy who was Muslim (More like Muslim-light...the Episcopal side (LOL)...really cool guy actually) and a black guy at work. I voiced my complaint to HR in both cases - especially regarding the black guy, were not giving him a promotion due to his color - his work was excellent and he was completely into learning new stuff. Model employee, but was stuck at his labor grade for 5 years (and early in his career too). Literally would give shirt off back - one of nicest people I've ever worked with bar none. I have no doubt the Korean boss just didn't like him due to his color. Of course, I paid a heavy price for that and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Here's my philosophy...come to work, contribute as a TEAM member, get paid and I don't give a shit your color, religions, sex parts, etc. Capitalism = diversity!!!

I'll ad this quote from The Sun article:
"But no other team has said a single thing. Whilst we have seen the Red Bull mechanics take a knee, which I think is great, but publicly, as businesses and teams…
Exactly Louis...which shows taking a knee is ABSOLUTE LIP SERVICE. Want to change, make a freaking business case, bring in talent. Start an organization and fund it to make STEM fun for ALL kids, not just black, but if you want to focus on black children I have ZERO issue with that. To quote Def Leppard: Action...Action...Action not words.

• Love
That is one of the things I love about off road racing. The Unlimited classes are still Unlimited for the most part. Any engine, any shock, any tire (up to 42")
I haven't followed that, I will look into it though since I am shopping for a new sport. I did follow the World Endurance Championship some.

Reactions: Kartman
Arrrggggggggggggg Dustbun...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't remind me of having the choice, generally, between Pirelli, Michelin, Dunlop, and Goodyear and any compound they wanted and a reasonable amount of tyres (there is no tire in F1 ;) . Granted, tyre strategy is a big part of F-1 now; and I guess it's more of a team sport.

I don't want to see drivers die; but I think Max and Seb have it right...LET US RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They understand it....a true racer is not going to be worried about anything but winning. LH wines like a teenage girl without her cell phone. I'm really hoping somebody or some team steps up to the plate and shuts Hamilton the F up. He's not been discriminated against, but I bet there is some reverse discrimination going on. I sure hope Max Verstappen, Antonio Giovinazzi, Daniil Kvyat, Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc and Kimi Raikkonen keep standing (figuratively and literally) for THEIR rights not to bow to King Louis I. If I could get their private emails I'd send them a support letter.

NOBODY is defending racism Mr. Hamilton. But the BLM is a political organization based heavily on Marxism. I remember two obvious incidences in my career standing up for a guy who was Muslim (More like Muslim-light...the Episcopal side (LOL)...really cool guy actually) and a black guy at work. I voiced my complaint to HR in both cases - especially regarding the black guy, were not giving him a promotion due to his color - his work was excellent and he was completely into learning new stuff. Model employee, but was stuck at his labor grade for 5 years (and early in his career too). Literally would give shirt off back - one of nicest people I've ever worked with bar none. I have no doubt the Korean boss just didn't like him due to his color. Of course, I paid a heavy price for that and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Here's my philosophy...come to work, contribute as a TEAM member, get paid and I don't give a shit your color, religions, sex parts, etc. Capitalism = diversity!!!

I'll ad this quote from The Sun article:
"But no other team has said a single thing. Whilst we have seen the Red Bull mechanics take a knee, which I think is great, but publicly, as businesses and teams…
Exactly Louis...which shows taking a knee is ABSOLUTE LIP SERVICE. Want to change, make a freaking business case, bring in talent. Start an organization and fund it to make STEM fun for ALL kids, not just black, but if you want to focus on black children I have ZERO issue with that. To quote Def Leppard: Action...Action...Action not words.
Outstanding, I agree with everything you have said. It really is unfortunate that it has entered this sport.

Loved your comment about LH acting like a teenage girl. LMAO. You are right. And honestly, he is a very good driver. However, it's also the driver/Team combination that has made him so successful. I wonder where he would be with another team. Like Michael and Ferrari. Many times it's because everything just comes together with certain combinations and they click.

Thanks for an insightful and enjoyable post.