• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Help here Appreciated.

ShawnAcker

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2013
Tomball, Texas
Remington Model 700 .308, 1 - 10 twist with 16.5" inch barrel. using a Thunderbeast can if it matters
Currently Loading Winchester Brass, 43 Gr. IMR 4064, with a 180 Gr. Hornady Interbond.
I have no issues with this load. In Fact it has been 1 moa or better to 600 yds.
So what is the problem you might ask? Well I signed up for a Long range shooting school in June and now I cant find enough bullets to make my loads.
Minimum 400 Rounds. Can any one suggest a comparable bullet? I will be shooting out to a thousand.
I have been told stay with at least 175 gr bullet. Im told 168's will be unstable out past 600 yds. thought's?

Last edited:
I really like the 175gr Sierra MatchKings. You could probably go to the 180 or 190 grain SMK with that 1:10 twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any Help here Appreciated.

I regularly shoot 155's, 168's in 308 to 1132 yds. Try it.
Do yourself and everyone else on course a favor: Don't try taking 168s to a course that requires 1000 yard shooting. You'll end up being 'That Guy'.

With your 16.5" barrel, it will be tough to get enough velocity to keep anything stable out to 1,000 yards. I would look into the 155 gr. Lapua Scenar. Plug in some numbers on the JBM calculator using your atmospheric conditions with your 180 Interbond load, the 175 SMK, and the 155 Scenar. I think you might be surprised at what you find.

Do yourself and everyone else on course a favor: Don't try taking 168s to a course that requires 1000 yard shooting. You'll end up being 'That Guy'.

My 155 Palmas make it to 1300yrds with no problem and I can get decent consistency at 1000 with 168s but the 155s are far more consistent.

Went to buy the 175's and I found 25 boxes of federal gold medal match 175 gr. I bought them. Did I do OK. Fingers crossed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Being factory ammo in the class oughta be a plus that way I know my velocities will be identical

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk