• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any high quality wood thumbhole stocks?

ptykozoon

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2010
Ive been looking EVERYWHERE for a quality wood thumbhole stock, the quality needing to be on par with manners or mcmillian. (millers has the MCS-T5 and mcmillian has the lazzeroni but theyre both from synthetic materials)..

This would be for a Rem 700 btw, there must be one decent one out there...

Any advice?

Re: Any high quality wood thumbhole stocks?

Define quality?? Below is one I have that I would define as decent quality?? But I really do not know what you are expecting?? Tom.

IMG_0405.jpg

Look no further than Joel Russo. http://russoriflestocks.com/Home_Page.html

Give him a call and he will set you up! Additionaly you will not find a better guy to deal with.

If your interested, pm me and I can get you his email and cell number. Or look him up, He is a hide member under Joel Russo.

Willys

I went the Boyds route as well. Not sure how they stack up with the two you mentioned but it's been working for me thus far.

Joel Russo all the way, unless you have more time and skills than most of us
smile.gif
Plus you can pick out your own woods to use!
Give me a one of a kind stock so that I don't have to walk into a party wearing the same shit everyone is else is wearing
smile.gif

judds.jpg

craigbrubakers338lapua2__2_.jpg

thanks guys these posts have been extremely helpful, hoghead thats definitely a quality stock.

mckinney mike, what is the wood used on the 2nd one? my dream gun is basically a subtler version of that lol

also hows the weight?

Try Bill Shehane at http://www.scopeusout.com/ I have used his Lee Six modified thumbhole for several years and it is very comfortable. I believe Bill was the first distributor for Nightforce scopes and he makes a boatload of longrange varmint, 1,000 yard and BR stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joel Russo all the way, unless you have more time and skills than most of us
smile.gif
Plus you can pick out your own woods to use!
Give me a one of a kind stock so that I don't have to walk into a party wearing the same shit everyone is else is wearing
smile.gif

judds.jpg

</div></div>

That is one beautiful stock.

Another plug for Joel Russo , never used his thumb holes but have used several of his A-5L stocks , I realy like the laminated version of the A-5 cause you can shape it to better fit your needs and hands. I have kinda big paws so i like trimming the grip to fit like on the second rifle here
SSG2601.jpg

6x47Lapua1.jpg

6x47Lapua2.jpg

I went Boyd's. Inexpensive, but after Mark's bedding job, it has served me well.

Win70C.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is a stunner
smile.gif
</div></div>

No kidding. Bird's Eye and Curly combination - absolutely stunning! What caliber?

You would have to ask Joel on the caliber. It was not my rifle. He is building my new stick that I posted photos of awhile back.

Manners MCS-T2 clone /w Sitman adjustable check piece hardware and SS pillars. I laminated quarter sawn Bubinga in the center and outer pieces with thin strips of figured Anigre sandwiched in between. It will be ready sooner than my barreled action will be unfortunately.

Here are some photos as it was just coming out of the CNC. It still has to have the adjustable check piece cut and Sitman hardware installed.

my_stock2.jpg

my_stock1.jpg

my_stock3.jpg