• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any hockey fans here?

shipwreck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
TEXAS
I'm looking forward to the NHL season starting again...

Any hockey fans here?

The Flyers are my favorite team. Penguins and Vancouver and my next two favs...

Dallas is the closest NHL team, and we try to make at least a couple of games a season. I'm not a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I pick games with teams I like... and I root for the other team
smile.gif
smile.gif

Re: Any hockey fans here?

Hockey is my preferred sport... Hometown Detroit Red Wings are my favorite :cool:... Followed closely by Montreal... Obviously that means I cannot stand the Penguins haha...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chadwick122689</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obviously that means I cannot stand the Penguins haha... </div></div>

thicon_lol.gif
thicon_lol.gif

Well, we all have our fav teams, and they all have their rivalries...

Not many hockey fans on the various gun forums, though....

I would love to buy that NHL pass - but its like $150. And with a 4 year old son, I wouldn't be able to watch enough to justify it. But, it would be cool to watch every game of your fav team....

I gotta back the Broad street bullies...Can't wait until the season starts.I'm sick of all of these other boring sports.Hockey is the only sport where a guy takes a puck to the face and is stiched up and out playing the next period.You don't see that in basketball.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leprechaun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta back the Broad street bullies...Can't wait until the season starts.I'm sick of all of these other boring sports.Hockey is the only sport where a guy takes a puck to the face and is stiched up and out playing the next period.You don't see that in basketball..... </div></div>

...or baseball
http://www.sportstvjobs.com/resources/hockey-players-are-tough.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leprechaun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta back the Broad street bullies...Can't wait until the season starts.I'm sick of all of these other boring sports.Hockey is the only sport where a guy takes a puck to the face and is stiched up and out playing the next period.You don't see that in basketball.....</div></div>

But they still wear pads.

Try Rugby, leave the pads for women.

My favorite hockey games took place on the street, in running shoes with tennis balls. We would move the nets out of the way when cars wanted to pass-by.

Exactly like on Wayne's World. Where do you think Mike Myers got the idea from?
wink.gif

LA Kings was my childhood team but I root for Tampa Bay nowadays.

I'm from San Jose, but didn't like the Sharks as a child (brotherly rivalry).

Been about a month since I got on the ice, needa skate off some rust.

I have been a HUGE hockey fan all of my life. Try being born and raised in Texas and be a hockey fan... can you say LONER!!

My favorite team was the Chicago Blackhawks for a long time, and their minor league team of the Dallas Blackhawks. I would go and watch the games whenever they played on Saturdays. Then I watched the Dallas Freeze, then Fort Worth Fire, and then the Fort Worth Braumas. Minor league games freakin ROCK!!

After the Blackhawks, I liked the North Stars because of them always being the underdogs... and then they moved to DALLAS!! I was like a little kid all over again!!

Now I am in Colorado, and I have yet to get to Denver to see a game. Work kinda gets in the way of a 4-1/2 hour hockey watchin road trip.

DK

Broad Street Bully's here.

I only wish I could instill the fight and determination of old on the current bench. I thought we had a real shot at it last year but down the stretch there was no "win at all cost" attitude like there was "back when".

But hey if you are a Philly fan you get used to failure and falling short. There is no love for any Philly team unless it is winning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite hockey games took place on the street, in running shoes with tennis balls. We would move the nets out of the way when cars wanted to pass-by.

</div></div>

Hell yes.. we also commandeered tennis courts. The fence kept us from having to chase down the balls.

I remember wearing a heavy winter glove for a waffle board and my baseball glove. I then upgraded to foam rubber under my jeans for pads.
I thought I was really stylin' when Mylec came out with the street hockey goalie equipment.. man how nice was that!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LA Kings was my childhood team </div></div>

I loved the Kings in the 80s. The Legend was on that team.

But I don't care for the Kings now.

They did get Richards from the Flyers, however. And,a few other changes. We'll see how they do.

I watched them play the Dallas Stars in Dallas a couple of years ago. Both teams were horrible. Losing the puck when no one was even around them, and falling down a lot when skating by themselves. Terrible...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly like on Wayne's World. Where do you think Mike Myers got the idea from?
wink.gif
</div></div>

thicon_lol.gif
thicon_lol.gif
thicon_lol.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LA Kings was my childhood team but I root for Tampa Bay nowadays.

Been about a month since I got on the ice, needa skate off some rust. </div></div>
Don't wait too long. I was moving my gear around while cleaning the garage thinking it had only been a few weeks since being on the ice. I picked up my Grafs and found a bird nest in the left boot..... an OLD abandoned bird nest. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Big Hockey fan here, probably not a big surprise!
Toronto is my team and can't stand Montreal!!

I'll be watching Toronto play the Stars in a couple of months. Looking forward to going to the game...

I'm also hoping to make it to the Stars game when they play Vancouver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a former player (minor league) and a huge fan. I can't wait for the season to start. </div></div>

Very cool

Fan here...

Been a player and fan since I was a lil kid in '95...

My team now is the MN Wild, but my favs. growing up were in this order:

Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
New Jersey Devils
Chicago Blackhawks

Love hockey... Pretty sure the real men still play rugby and hockey!!!

I got an email yesterday from the Dallas Stars... talking about how their bankruptcy won't effect season ticket holders and whatnot.

Apparently, because banks are involved, the team isn't playing with the same amount of capital to get really good players. So, this season probably won't be any different than last season for the Stars...

My favorite hockey games took place on the street, in running shoes with tennis balls. We would move the nets out of the way when cars wanted to pass-by.

+1 we did that on almost a daily basis.Made boards so the balls stopped going into the street sewers too...

Played all the time as a kid when the ponds froze in winter
Also then the NHL had only 6 teams. I knew all th players names state etc..
Could get an NHL Ticket at the door for $2
Sport sure has changed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Could get an NHL Ticket at the door for $2 </div></div>

Ain't that the truth.

I pay around $100 a seat for a decent seat at the Stars games.

If I wasn't do far away, I'd go more often. But with the hotel costs for 1 night and 2 tickets and gas and food, we only manage a couple of games a season...

Flyers versus Maple Leafs on Versus channel right now - pre season game

smiley054.gif
smiley054.gif

last I saw of the score, the Bruins were winning tonight

Out of the original 6, I like Toronto the best - but none of the original 6 are my favs...

Penguins are playing chicago now.

Go penguins!

Man, I've been enjoying all these preseason games on tv for free
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete H.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LA Kings was my childhood team but I root for Tampa Bay nowadays.

Been about a month since I got on the ice, needa skate off some rust. </div></div>
Don't wait too long. I was moving my gear around while cleaning the garage thinking it had only been a few weeks since being on the ice. I picked up my Grafs and found a bird nest in the left boot..... an OLD abandoned bird nest. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry </div></div>

Ouch! You made me check my bag, gear still in there from my last game in 2004. Lovely aroma, thanks!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mescalito</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete H.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LA Kings was my childhood team but I root for Tampa Bay nowadays.

Don't wait too long. I was moving my gear around while cleaning the garage thinking it had only been a few weeks since being on the ice. I picked up my Grafs and found a bird nest in the left boot..... an OLD abandoned bird nest. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry </div></div>

Ouch! You made me check my bag, gear still in there from my last game in 2004. Lovely aroma, thanks!!! </div></div>

No lovely aroma for me. I febreeze all my gear and let it dry when I'm done and wash the linings often. It's nice when your gear smells better than new after a skate.

Some people make my gag from the smell just skating by..
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shipwreck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a former player (minor league) and a huge fan. I can't wait for the season to start. </div></div>

Very cool </div></div>

+1

Skated with a guy that got invited to the Wild's training camp and a girl from UND (not the twins unfortunately). I thought I was pretty decent, but they were on a whole nother level.

Was a Devils' Advocate when I was back in Bergen County; but I've drifted away of late.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vive Les Habitants!</div></div>

+1

and for the record, Flyers fans are the most obnoxious and least knowledgeable people you'll ever meet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and for the record, Flyers fans are the most obnoxious and least knowledgeable people you'll ever meet. </div></div>

Geeze....

av-150.jpg

Well being a Canadian and all, it's in my blood!

Seeing as how the Calgary Flames are my hometown time, I have to cheer for them. But I'm a big fan of good hockey, so I enjoy watching two good teams battle it out on the ice - regardless of whether it is "my team" or not. I generally find myself cheering for the team that is full of young talent and heart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vive Les Habitants!</div></div>

+1

and for the record, Flyers fans are the most obnoxious and least knowledgeable people you'll ever meet. </div></div>

I think you are getting them mixed up with Canuck fans
wink.gif