• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Info? 6.5mm/0.264 Norma Bondstrike 143 Grain - for 6.5 Creedmoor

Char'ed Cuterie

Private
Minuteman
Hi all,

I'm looking to work up a load for 6.5 Creedmoor using these Norma Bondstrike 143 Grain bullets, but it appears to be a relatively new projectile - it's not in AB Loader or Gordon's Reloading Tools.

Does anybody have any load data handy?

Anybody have any info on the G7 BC [Edit - it's 0.313, didn't know they had a non-retail website with more info], or know when Litz & Co might get a custom curve added to AB Loader?

Happy to blaze trails and share results, but hoping somebody has at least poked at this and took notes.

Thanks all!

Projectile I'm referencing: Link to Norma's Website

Last edited:
I haven’t used it as I run lead free only for hunting. But from what I understand, most people around here that shoot it load it according to Norma’s own data or by using the ELD-X data from Vihtavuori.

Yup, that's most of what I'm finding. I did scrape the barrel around a few other forums, really only one dude posting exact data and results out there.

For posterity - here's Norma's data. Note that 204 and URP are "Pretty Close" to H4350 per the burn rate chart and a few posters online.

Norma Data.png

Still very interested if anybody else out there has 1st hand data on this combo. I'll try to circle back to this and update it once I actually get this test assembled and tested.

I did finally get this assembled and shot today over a Magnetospeed, at an indoor 100yd range, from an 18" Bergara Ridge SP, suppressed.

41.5 Grains H4350
2.800 COAL
Federal GM210M

1x Fired Lapua Brass (5 shots): 0.764MOA

Min
2552​
Max
2587​
Avg
2571​
S-D
13.1​
ES
35​

1x Fired S&B Brass (5 shots): 0.903MOA
Min
2536​
Max
2563​
Avg
2552​
S-D
10.5​
ES
27​

They all had light extractor swipe, but so did some factory Berger ammo I also shot. Primers looked normal, bolt lift was easy.

Nothing super special here, but for me, that's good enough to load up and shoot a few matches with and see how they do at distance in the wind.

Reactions: Eric_F
I bought 400 of these for a future 6.5x284 Norma build. Should be a good hunting bullet for extended / western distances.

Can anyone measure the length of the bullet for me? I need it for my ballistic calculator but I’m using factory ammo. Thanks

Sure, just measured one and got 1.418. For ballistic calculators, especially for factory ammo and doubly so if you're hunting, the data for the Hornady 143 ELD-X will probably be in your circle of error out to 500 or so.

I moved away from this projectile for match use once the Berger projectiles became easier to buy again. I still think very highly of it for hunting.

Reactions: happender
Thank you for the reply. I’m actually helping a friend get his set up and he is buying factory ammo. Thats interesting you got that measurement. I actually ended up pulling one and I got 1.403. This gun love the factory ammo.

Reactions: happender
I'm not surprised it's measuring different (which is why folks prefer cartridge-base-to-ogive for certain tasks) but 15 thou would certainly cause issues if you were handloading something that was already borderline for magazine feeding. One of the reasons I moved away from this projectile for match use is that the polymer tips didn't seem to be particularly carefully installed, and compared to some Hornady and Sierra tipped hunting bullets I had around, the Norma's were much softer. Still my first choice for a hunting bullet, but yeah, not for match use for me.

I'm happy to hear your friend's rifle is receptive to the factory ammo, always nice when the easy button performs well.

That’s good info to know. I shoot Berger’s for comp and hornady for hunting. But have placed just as well in matches with hornady. They all make good bullets just depends what you want for your purpose.

Sure, just measured one and got 1.418. For ballistic calculators, especially for factory ammo and doubly so if you're hunting, the data for the Hornady 143 ELD-X will probably be in your circle of error out to 500 or so.

I moved away from this projectile for match use once the Berger projectiles became easier to buy again. I still think very highly of it for hunting.
I just picked up some of this for my factory 24" tikka t3x lite and plan on truing this up this weekend. don't have a chrono though. as a starting point should I start with the norma website recommendations? (2740 mv g1 .629 g7.313) Or go off eldx factory numbers? what do you think? ty