• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any informed opinions on the weaver tactical line?

wichitaguns

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2012
Lookong to pick up a weaver tactical 3-15 for about 500 bucks. Decent deal?
​​​​​
Be my first ffp scope and will be used to shoot out to 1k (hopefully) for the price is it dependable? Ie does it track and hold zero. Will be upgrading down the road to something better ...maybe a Khales/ Steiner/ SB. Informative opinions are welcome

Reticle is dated and lack of zero stop are my biggest complaints.

If you can live with those flaws they are as reliable and durable as any variable power scope under $1k.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes, OP, the Weaver Tacticals are actually pretty robust. They are dated with their reticles, but they offer pretty damn good glass and decent turrets for 500.00. I have a good friend that swears by them. He's beat one of his to hell and it still runs like a champ (this is after 4 years of abuse).

I have been running one for about 4 years. I like a plain Mildot and dial my shots so no need for Christmas tree style. I'm at a point in my life where i can afford multiples of any scope on the planet without breaking a sweat and the Weaver does everything i need to do without a bobble. The turrets work real good, the glass is real good, the weight is acceptable , made in Japan (LOW). If you want a bunch of features in a Chinese piece of crap this not the scope for you.