• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any R.E.P.R.Fans ?

I have one. I like it. It's pretty accurate and it's reliable. I have to say it's not my personal favorite though.

Ive shot alot of 308 AR's and while beautiful. The repr has a sharp annoying recoil. Cool but not that cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I enjoy the hell out of mine. Its a great rifle, accurate, reliable and well built.
Same here...my first high end rifle/AR and while I cant compare the recoil to anything I think it is just fine. I never bought it to be some super accurate comp rifle but a rifle that I could use for multiple different roles. I have mine fitted with a Leupold MK6 3-18x sitting in a Spuhr mount with an Aimpoint T1 off the side. I set it up for close range out to 800+. I actually might take mine Elk hunting this year if I can source/modify a mag for 5 rounds. Overall I am happy and it fits the role that I bought it for.

I originally wanted an LWRC rifle in 5.56 but got a smokin deal on the REPR so I said hey if I dont like the 308 cartridge I can sell it for a gain and drop down to 5.56.

There are those that love REPRs, and there are those who have actually tried to get them to shoot accurately.

There are those that love REPRs, and there are those who have actually tried to get them to shoot accurately.

OK , so I've heard they don't have the accuracy of a GAP 10 , I've heard they not not as finicky either . What kind of MOA are you saying they get ?

It depends on what you want from the rifle as I wasn't expecting a sub Moa rifle. Mine is under 1.5 Moa consistently with good ammo.

It will eat anything but with degradation of ammo quality of course comes degradation of expected accuracy.

Not sure about "those who have tried to shoot them accurately" but I personally wanted it as more of a battle rifle.

I am one of those that 19Scout77 talked about.

I was on the waiting list for a REPR before they came out, and really wanted it to work. To be fair, I was running a Larue mount on my Nightforce, so that could be a contributing factor.

My 18" REPR was a great rifle, in that it was well put together and worked 100% (in 700+ easy rounds). But, I couldn't get it to reliably shoot less than about 1.5 moa, and the recoil was, as previously described, sharp. Groups would typically be two satellite groups, without explanation and very consistently. I just couldn't get it to shoot as I expect it should. I am not a sniper by any means, but am an accomplished rifleman.

I sold it and bought a SCAR 17. The recoil is noticeably less. The accuracy is as good or better (better, and more consistent). And most importantly, it weighs about 3 pounds less. The SCAR does everything the REPR did, and weighs a lot less.

I am very happy with the SCAR 17.

Got it. I thought the weight was closer. The ones I have used are 8 lbs empty and a repr is about 9.5.

At the end of the day the shooter needs to be happy with their rifles and that's it but I know a lot of guys that either have a hard time shooting 1.5 "all day long" or just have other requirements and are happy to bang steel to or about 800.

The repr isn't my favorite for sure but it serves it's purpose for some. Your scar 17 must be a heck of a shooter. There are some professional guys who say with high volume round count, the recoil of the light 17 become sharp with the angled cheek piece. To each his own.

I had a REPR but ended up selling it. I couldn't get the accuracy I was looking for with either factory loads or my hand loads. I did love the left side charging handle and adjustable gas block though. :)

Edit-Not sure it makes a difference, but I had one of the first batch guns that didn't have the magazine issue.

Same here...my first high end rifle/AR and while I cant compare the recoil to anything I think it is just fine. I never bought it to be some super accurate comp rifle but a rifle that I could use for multiple different roles. I have mine fitted with a Leupold MK6 3-18x sitting in a Spuhr mount with an Aimpoint T1 off the side. I set it up for close range out to 800+. I actually might take mine Elk hunting this year if I can source/modify a mag for 5 rounds. Overall I am happy and it fits the role that I bought it for.

I originally wanted an LWRC rifle in 5.56 but got a smokin deal on the REPR so I said hey if I dont like the 308 cartridge I can sell it for a gain and drop down to 5.56.

I have taken mine elk hunting but haven't shot anything but coyotes and jackrabbits with it. I am sure glad mine doesn't know its supposed to be inaccurate, its been a tack driver for me. I load federal cases with rl-15, fed gold match primers and 175 smk's and have seen groups well under an inch at 100. I may be a silly bitch but I don't sit around poking paper I go out and shoot stuff in the real world.

I was on the waiting list for a REPR before they came out, and really wanted it to work. To be fair, I was running a Larue mount on my Nightforce, so that could be a contributing factor.

My 18" REPR was a great rifle, in that it was well put together and worked 100% (in 700+ easy rounds). But, I couldn't get it to reliably shoot less than about 1.5 moa, and the recoil was, as previously described, sharp. Groups would typically be two satellite groups, without explanation and very consistently. I just couldn't get it to shoot as I expect it should. I am not a sniper by any means, but am an accomplished rifleman.

I sold it and bought a SCAR 17. The recoil is noticeably less. The accuracy is as good or better (better, and more consistent). And most importantly, it weighs about 3 pounds less. The SCAR does everything the REPR did, and weighs a lot less.

What's with the Larue/Nightforce combo ? No good ? What does work or would you suggest ?

Lol negligent discharge on the post. It's not a LWRC but love my DPMS REPR. Actually had both and sold the LWRC. Mine had pmag issues and the aforementioned sharp recoil was noticeably far worse then the DPMS.

Love my REPR (LWRC)

I shoot steel/rocks/deer/antelope
functions flawlessly
I run AAC762SD can
shoots moa with GMM175SMK 7.62 ammo and SS 175SMK
recoil? Maybe because I also shoot everything .22 rimfire to 338 Lapua - but I have never considered recoil a problem

Welcome to America, shoot what you like, but never have understood members who have another brand and have never shot/owned the brand posted slam it.

Although, I must admit this guy does not like the LWRCI REPR at all

Last edited:

My opinions are similar; I own a 20" R.E.P.R.

The rifle's definitely top - notch, as far as fit and finish are concerned.

No issues with feeding, firing, ejecting with all sorts of ammunition (bottom - of - the - barrel surplus imports and expensive U.S. match ammunition).

However, I was quite disappointed when it actually did worse than another Piston AR less than half its price with a 4" shorter barrel as far as groups were concerned (out to 600m).

Not only that, the gas port design has been revised - it doesn't have the "off" setting anymore which would have been handy for subsonic rounds and suppressors. This kind of negates some of the advantages afforded by the charging handle (as a "bolt gun" for suppressed use). It's also more prone to carbon fouling (gets difficult to twist within 200 rounds) and cannot be routinely disassembled for cleaning (roll pin involved), unlike other designs.

The snappy recoil impulse doesn't bother me that much - we get this with some variation in all short - stroke designs.

I guess I could say that it looks good, feels good when held, balances good, has parts of very high quality - but has an annoying recoil impulse and doesn't seem to shoot as well as some cheaper piston - based ARs.

Last edited:
I swapped out the flat wire spring and buffer for a slash's setup. Although; I did more to get rid of flat wire and not really affect impulse, it is a pussy cat now.

I've got the 20" model with a NF ATACR on it and absolutely love it. I don't understand why some people hate them. I can get mine to shoot half MOA when my shooting is good. With handloads of course. And have killed an elk with it. Semi auto 308's are harder to shoot so maybe that's where they get the bad rap? I will end up buying another one
IMG_1586[1].jpg
IMG_1769[1].JPG

I have over 1500 rounds through my 18" REPR, and have run it suppressed most of the time. While it isn't benchrest gun accurate, I can live with it's 1 MOA. I have had groups shoot better. A 762 semi is a challenge to shoot, especially all day. I bought it for reliability, and it has ran flawless. I have Pmags, and KAC mags, and either way, feeds, fires, and ejects 100%. I don't notice any sharp recoil, due to running it suppressed. In the end, get what you want, and go shoot the damn thing. J

I have over 1500 rounds through my 18" REPR, and have run it suppressed most of the time. While it isn't benchrest gun accurate, I can live with it's 1 MOA. I have had groups shoot better. A 762 semi is a challenge to shoot, especially all day. I bought it for reliability, and it has ran flawless. I have Pmags, and KAC mags, and either way, feeds, fires, and ejects 100%. I don't notice any sharp recoil, due to running it suppressed. In the end, get what you want, and go shoot the damn thing. J

Have you had any issues with the adjustable gas port ? People are saying they get founded up easily and then you can't turn them any longer . Also that they can't be taken apart and cleaned . I've been getting flamed on AR15.com about them .

With nothing but a drop in trigger, my sig 716 shot sub moa with a night force in an adm mount using Hornsby 168 amax and had no issues reaching 1000 meters. The rounds go sub sonic long before that so if az had that thing called wind, it could be a different story, but I had great luck with it. I sold it for a scar 17 and joined the bandwagon, dumped a bunch of money into vltor parts, Pmag lower and geissele trigger, then ended up selling it because it just never grew on me. My friends who have them swear by them and also push them to 1000 meters, I ended up going back to a sig 716 again, then bought an Armalite sass 20 inch 308 for dedicated long range. I've always wanted a repr, but for that kind of money I ended up with the Armalite and optics/trigger, then use the sig for 600 yard and less plinking now. I wanted a dual purpose gun but found it easier to make one for going far and one for just kinda far :)

$4,000 gets you just about any semi auto gun off the shelf, play with a few before making a purchase. They all shot within reasonable accuracy with nothing more than a trigger dropped in and good ammo.

I've only handled one, and it was the bomb

but it is expensive considering other piston offerings
pof, pws, ect ect..

Have you had any issues with the adjustable gas port ? People are saying they get founded up easily and then you can't turn them any longer . Also that they can't be taken apart and cleaned . I've been getting flamed on AR15.com about them .

I have had zero problems with my gas port and I have run everything from steel cased surplus to handloads.

As for the cost, the peace of mind I have knowing my rifle works is worth the money every day.

Last edited:

I did in the beginning, after my first range trip, I couldn't turn the gas block knob. I just drove out the pin, disassembled it, ran it through my friends ultrasonic cleaner, lubed the unit and reinstalled. It spins freely ever since. Solid rifle, and would never trade it. Can't see buying a scar 17, with the FN mags. I think that if you have to replace the lower so it can run with SR-25 mags, big mistake FN made. Just my .02, J

I paid so much money for this thing it has to be ME, it can't be the gun.

I paid so much money for this thing it has to be ME, it can't be the gun.

I agree about paying too much for it.

I use 175 SMKs and have consistent results at 100yds of sub MOA from the 16" barrel. I'll get a cloverleaf and a flyer in a 5 shot string but still maintain (usually better) MOA. People who buy REPRs buy them for the piston and side charger. I prefer those features to the GAP, otherwise I'd have one.

Only complaint is that I have had the occasional light primer strike as of late. Also, if you think the recoil is bad, add a JP silent captured spring.