• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Sig 716 DMR Gen 2 owners out there

lord of war619

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2012
maricopa, Az
I just pulled the plastic off my new Sig 716 DMR gen 2, i had a sig Tango 6 1x6 scope ready for it and alpha rings, swapped the CTR to the magpul grey and just swapped the grip to a miad storm grey too, added a Larue risr, Harris bipod and thats about it, my question is did i sell my self short on the scope, now i feel i should have gone with more magnification maybe tango 6 2x12, The rifle came with a test target .67 groups at 100 yards, should i keep it a mid range set up or up the scope, i havent fired it yet, and juat unboxed the scope
9ubyg6.jpg

For me personally I would have gone with more magnification ! Also may want to look at a beefier bipod as well... and ditch the foregrip as well.

Reactions: samnev
Depends on what you are going to do with it? If it is to shoot holes at a 100 yards you are going to want more magnification. If you are interested in shooting steel targets out to 700 yards then that will work fine.

I agree with Smokin.338 as well. although I personally think your bipod is okay.

i'd spend the money on glass and lose the vertical grip

Sig 716 308 ; you need a good ( quality) and strong , one piece scope mount

Last edited:
I figured i would try the Sig Alpha rings, they seem solid just dont like that the nuts are on the ejection side, i have a Larue SPR mount if they dont work out, i think Harris bipods are solid, the grip is coming off as soon as I find a keymod handstop

I do regret the scope now, wish it was atleast a 1x8, i put it up for sale dont think im going to get the $800 i paid for it 5 months ago bought it before i bought the rifle, i waited 4 months for the rifle on the first responder price, lucky mine still came with the geissele trigger

035A3584-B0B1-4EC5-AC4B-790A8AC2DB3F.jpeg

All my AR10 and AR15 I use American Defense Manufacturing

Plus one on the American defense scope mount. Best Mount Ive owned. Compared to a Larue mount the Larue feels weak.

Price of glass equal to or more than the rifle. Was a rule I was taught. Leupold Mark 6 for me.