• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any South Florida rifle ranges of 1,000 yds and longer?

Ya that's what i just heard also. My friend talked to Chris yesterday and SWFL range is defiantly done. The owner is going to give it a shot by himself and keep all the money for himself. ;) Its not a bad plan but word is that the owner is not a shooter and for sure not a long range shooter. Not the ideal situation for sure. Every time I see this its all about the $$$$$ not about the shooting sports.

Reactions: lash
Has anyone that’s a member received a notice to this extent?
I am a member and no notification so far and no word on facebook which has been their preferred method of "news" delivery. At least for SWFL range it has been.

Do you have to have a reservation to shoot there?
I made one online but they have not sent back an email with a official confirmation. This was done through the SWFl web site which I would think they would be taking down if they are not involved now. Unless the owner is going to use that and not change the name yet again for the range. I will say that I have never used the online system before I just show up on Fridays and shoot. If I hear anything I will update.

on a further happy note I shot the last PRS match ever at JTAC last Sunday and the people there went over their plans for a new range. Its going to be 10 miles due south of Bartow. The plan they have seems well thought out and would encompass all forms of shooting and should be a sustainable business plan. The key is that it would be run by people in the shooting business that are themselves shooters and know what a shooting range should be like.

on a further happy note I shot the last PRS match ever at JTAC last Sunday and the people there went over their plans for a new range. Its going to be 10 miles due south of Bartow. The plan they have seems well thought out and would encompass all forms of shooting and should be a sustainable business plan. The key is that it would be run by people in the shooting business that are themselves shooters and know what a shooting range should be like.
---

Attachments

• 20231210_083124.jpg
    20231210_083124.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 50

A little info coming through on facebook now.

Reactions: TACC
Sorry I joined the Facebook group not range. I run classes for Shoot Center Cape Coral out at range

I was out there today.
They flattened the road to the range, trimmed it back, and cut the brush down around the bench pad.
Road to 1200 was dicey. Wet and sloggy.
Info will be availible beginging next week.
Beautiful morning to shoot.

Attachments

• 20231230_070221.jpg
    20231230_070221.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231230_070322.jpg
    20231230_070322.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20231230_070406.jpg
    20231230_070406.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231230_070450.jpg
    20231230_070450.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: TACC and TylerN
Range is full this afternoon, all the grass is mowed and the barricade area is still swampy.

1000005307.jpg

Reactions: Balor and TACC
Keep us posted, looks like I'll be heading out soon.

Membership Info

Warrior - Access to Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun bays at Headquarters no range fees $85 per month.
Warrior Family $185
Patriot - Access to HQ bays, Long range, no range fees $150 per month.
Patriot Family - $280
Sniper - Access to Long Range, no range fees $120 per month
Sniper Family $180 per month
Non Member Daily Walk-ON Fee FRI through SUN Minimum 2 hours $50

• All memberships are monthly, reoccurring billing on day that you signed up
  • All memberships are 7 days a week access except on range maintenance days which will be posted in advance to all members
  • NO cancellation charges on all memberships
  • $30 initiation fee on all memberships

Veterans, Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters 10% off

Membership Signups Should be open Saturday as long as the point of sale company gets what they need to get done first

Membership Info​

Warrior - Access to Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun bays at Headquarters no range fees $85 per month.
Warrior Family $185
Patriot - Access to HQ bays, Long range, no range fees $150 per month.
Patriot Family - $280
Sniper - Access to Long Range, no range fees $120 per month
Sniper Family $180 per month
Non Member Daily Walk-ON Fee FRI through SUN Minimum 2 hours $50

• All memberships are monthly, reoccurring billing on day that you signed up
  • All memberships are 7 days a week access except on range maintenance days which will be posted in advance to all members
  • NO cancellation charges on all memberships
  • $30 initiation fee on all memberships

Veterans, Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters 10% off

Membership Signups Should be open Saturday as long as the point of sale company gets what they need to get done first

Excellent. So it looks like my dad and I can sign up for the month that we are in Florida and not have to worry about cancellation fees when we head back north.

thanks for posting this,
Scott

Thanks for posting, pricing and policies look reasonable. (y)

Anyone know how far this range goes to? I've heard anywhere from 1300 yards to 2 miles.

Scott

there are steel targets every 100 yards out to 1300 yards and a 3 foot gong at one mile. there are no usable targets past the one mile target

they also have on the right side of the range targets every 100 meters out to 1200 meters which is also 1300 yards.

Reactions: TACC and A5scott
I just got back from shooting there and its GTG. The talk there by the regulars is that there will soon be a target at 2000 yards and 2 miles and maybe a few in between. The berm at one mile is now huge and has several targets on it.

I just got back from shooting there and its GTG. The talk there by the regulars is that there will soon be a target at 2000 yards and 2 miles and maybe a few in between. The berm at one mile is now huge and has several targets on it.
I've heard of 2k and 2.5k talks, it's positive to hear improvements are being discussed. And the berm clean up and build up at 1m is a nice improvement.

the big berm in this pic is the one mile berm. In the foreground is the 1300 yard berm with targets. the little berm on the top right all the way in the back is either 2000 yards or 2 miles. I don't know LOL you can only see it from the far right benches.

Attachments

• mile.jpg
    mile.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 40
the big berm in this pic is the one mile berm. In the foreground is the 1300 yard berm with targets. the little berm on the top right all the way in the back is either 2000 yards or 2 miles. I don't know LOL you can only see it from the far right benches.
I'm think my Vortex might not have the beam divervence to sneak a return in there. This was the best I could get but it might be the treeline behind the berm.
1000005385.jpg

the guys there were saying it was supposed to be 2 miles. Too far for me. :cry:
There are three ELR berms currently. I ranged two of them from #10 station with Sig Kilo 6.
Mile 1755
Berm upper right: 2033(about, can’t remember)
I could not see the 2 mile, as it’s equal distance west to the pro shop.
Hope this clears up any confusion.

Reactions: TylerN and lash
I am teaching a class out there March 9th. Last I knew it was a mile to shoot unless special set up was involved. If it’s changed please let me know. A mile is plenty unless you really have a specific set up

Reach out directly to John at the range.
Cuts out the middleman. (Me).
239-228-1562
Smart man. I already have. Was just curious as what your response was to mikes last sentence. This new range owner/operator in my opinion is laying the foundation to make this the premier range in south/central Florida. I reference the enormous amount of work and money he’s done since taking over on 12/17/23.
Thats a little over 3 weeks and over the holidays.