• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any South Florida rifle ranges of 1,000 yds and longer?

I teach long range precision and long range carbine classes there through Shoot Cape Coral

Short bio

The range was closed today when the cows got out. I decided to check out the far berm in person, this one:
mile.jpg

Here's what's going on. There's an full sized IPSC steel up on the berm and the big white blotch down low is a large piece of steel approx. 7' wide and 3.5' high. I don't have the elevation in any current setup but this is giving me something else to start thinking about gear in the future :cool:
PXL_20240120_155343703.jpg

And the range is 3343 yards from the benches. I didn't trust the reading on my Impact but turns out it was ranging spot on.
PXL_20240106_170144819.jpg
Screenshot_20240115-081120.png
Screenshot_20240115-081059.png

A few years back I'd read they went to about 2 miles- and your LRF reading confirms it.

Wow its deceptive from the benches. It is to the left of the action bays it looks like and right near the “clubhouse”

Wow its deceptive from the benches. It is to the left of the action bays it looks like and right near the “clubhouse”
That's pretty accurate. To get to the berm take Naffi road to the clubhouse and keep going straight. Down the road maybe 200 yards is a few derelict buildings and a bunch of junk, then the 360 bay is back there. There's a gate beyond the 360 bay and the berm is about a 100 yards out in a field. If your ever going to shoot out there I'd drive out to the field and check it out and make sure it's free of cows and I'd probably leave a sign at the access gate that says the range is hot.

That's pretty accurate. To get to the berm take Naffi road to the clubhouse and keep going straight. Down the road maybe 200 yards is a few derelict buildings and a bunch of junk, then the 360 bay is back there. There's a gate beyond the 360 bay and the berm is about a 100 yards out in a field. If your ever going to shoot out there I'd drive out to the field and check it out and make sure it's free of cows and I'd probably leave a sign at the access gate that says the range is
I just checked with John and who operates the range. He told me the elevated shooting spot for two mile is being renovated but will be open soon. Check their website for contact info, he is happy to answer any questions.

Reactions: Milf Dots