• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any way out of the vax for .mil?

JJMoody

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2021
North Idaho
Someone very close to me is in their 17th year in a branch of the .mil. Academy grad, etc… doesn’t want anything to do with the vax. Also doesn’t want the dishonorable discharge and associated fallout. Any thoughts or advice?

I talked to this person about a few options to stay right side up with the time invested, retirement, pay, childcare, stigma for future employment with a DD on the record etc… from my standpoint, it’s an easy call… fuck em, I’d start over rather than mess with this catastrophe. Just wanted to see from you guys if any legitimate options were out there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgecrusher
Supposedly the Air Force will be dropping some guidance soon as the one vaccine is FDA approved now. It'll be interesting to see how the DoD will adapt to this.

Reactions: JJMoody
Something to keep in mind…. Over 96% of our doctors vaccinated, most of our educators and soon every government employee. Let that sink in. If this vaccine screws people up the world is royally fucked. I’m pro choice and haven’t taken the jab yet but am pondering it. plus lying to the liberal ladies about having the jab sux. yeah It’s undefeated.

17 yrs.....suck it up, do the 20...get out....file with the VA...get 100%....sit back and buy guns.
Yea because the VBA has a good track record of acknowledging side effects.

The real shitty time will be watching all those who voluntarily took the shot (prior to the mandate and “approval”) get fucked by the VBA.

VBA Decision Letter:
“Oh you took a non-approved drug and you think this chronic ailment is related and deserves an SCD rating? Well that was stupid. Sucks to suck loser. Claim denied.”

This whole thing is and has been a shit show.

My neighbors' son, an army sniper now a sergeant in reserves, is objecting on religious grounds. Dad says he will now undergo a 2-hour 'interview'. Dad says they offered him the alternative of a dishonorable discharge.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgecrusher
Have your Doctor document that you have an allergy to something in the vax so you then can not take it.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Same boat, different career.

Only way I see to win is unshakeable solidarity of disobeying the mandate.

strength in numbers.

They will allow a small number of exemptions to split the group while other acquiesce to the "inevitable".

Its why cops are exempt from assault gun bans.

Something to keep in mind…. Over 96% of our doctors vaccinated, most of our educators and soon every government employee. Let that sink in.

That number is not even close. The real number is closer to 52% of healthcare workers. Real numbers not the AMA propaganda. Among my colleagues that number is accurate. Even less in many locales. Among the 18 in my office, 3 vaccinated. Our covid infections??? 4 and of those 2 vaccinated, 2 unvaccinated which is also pretty accurate vs the "only the unvaccinated are getting sick" BS you are being fed.

Something to keep in mind…. Over 96% of our doctors vaccinated, most of our educators and soon every government employee. Let that sink in. If this vaccine screws people up the world is royally fucked. I’m pro choice and haven’t taken the jab yet but am pondering it. plus lying to the liberal ladies about having the jab sux. yeah It’s undefeated.

That number is not even close. The real number is closer to 52% of healthcare workers. Real numbers not the AMA propaganda. Among my colleagues that number is accurate. Even less in many locales. Among the 18 in my office, 3 vaccinated. Our covid infections??? 4 and of those 2 vaccinated, 2 unvaccinated which is also pretty accurate vs the "only the unvaccinated are getting sick" BS you are being fed.

Agreeing with Ggmanning....numbers being posted are to give you the feeling "Everyone else is doing it...."

Whatever happened to that "If Billy jumped off a bridge would you" common sense mentality we used to have.

I dont disparage those that get vaxxed. They have made the decision best for them.

All I ask is the same accomodation.

Just like with the repeal of the DADT and integration of combat arms, many will holler about getting out and retiring, and then they’ll go get vaccinated.

Uncle Sugar doesn’t fuck around. As high profile as this is, and as necessary as it is to boost vaccine stats to make Joe look good, if you don’t want to get vaccinated then you are going to be seeking employment elsewhere.

That’s pretty much the long and short of it.

Hi,

I would recommend to your friend that instead of using a friend to ask a group of strangers on the internet for legal advice to battle the DOD; that she consult an attorney for guidance.

Sincerely,
Theis

But where is the fun in that for us?

Hi,

Ummm, Have you seen some of the threads around here, lolol??

Target rich environment to say the least....

Sincerely,
Theis

You hiring?

Any vax mandates at Hoplite?

Fact checked by Snopes to be TRUE

IMG_1163.JPG

Depends on the Rank and File what happens don't they out number the brass? Would a normal commander and chief court martial his entire Military Forces over a vax , only if he was insane. Biden with dementia and woke brass I can see them doing that. Didn't they use smoke back in the day as a warning........

Last edited:
Thank you for posting that. I am a provider and can concur that the real number is closer to 52% in the civilian side. Of the ones that are "vaccinated" I wonder how many have pencil whipped a card and that injection went into the sink. Health care providers are in some of the highest vaccine resistance groups for a reason.

When it comes to the .mil it is a very nebulous mess right now and each branch is trying to come up with regs and protocols so I am waiting until they issue official guidance on medical exemptions and religious exemptions. If he refuses then yes, he would be considered non-deployable and that would be a career ender. Would it be a DD (those don't exist btw. It is a BDC)? unlikely. If a Service member was non deployable and refused a vaccine he/she would likely be chaptered out under a medical board and receive a general discharge. No different then if the soldier developed Diabetes and was no longer deployable. There is precedent for the soldiers and Airmen that refused the Anthrax vaccine previously.

as a warning, this is the musing of a shit house barracks lawyer and should not be relied upon as solid legal advice. Like Thesis said, this service members needs to get ahold of JAG and proceed with professional counseling. I am hoping there will be clarification and guidance issued soon re: medical exemptions/religious exemptions and the process to apply.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Someone very close to me is in their 17th year in a branch of the .mil. Academy grad, etc… doesn’t want anything to do with the vax. Also doesn’t want the dishonorable discharge and associated fallout. Any thoughts or advice?
Get your senior medic to update it in MEDPROS to show that you got your shots already. Thats what I did right before I got medically retired.

Doc

Reactions: notacos4u
Have your Doctor document that you have an allergy to something in the vax so you then can not take it.
Have you seen an ingredient list for any of the vax's? Me neither....

Hi,

I would recommend to your friend that instead of using a friend to ask a group of strangers on the internet for legal advice to battle the DOD; that she consult an attorney for guidance.

Sincerely,
Theis
In all fairness, this person asked me neither my opinion, nor to figure anything out. It’s a classic case of me sticking my nose where no one asked for it to be, but dammit, it’s there.

Attachments

• F1238C81-F3B3-498E-9BBF-0A0B512337E5.png
    F1238C81-F3B3-498E-9BBF-0A0B512337E5.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Get in good with your doc and have him update your shot records.

This. There's no way to actually tell if you have it other than medical records.

Just like in the civi world, the best way to 'get it' is to get in with the girls doing the actual shots at the hospital.

Have you seen an ingredient list for any of the vax's? Me neither....
Well yes I have acctualy. All you have to do is ask your health care provider for it. Also see below.

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN COMIRNATY (COVID-19 VACCINE, mRNA) AND
THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
include the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-
6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-
ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol),
potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium
phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

OMG....... seriously? Are you serious or trolling?
Do you actually think all those soldiers take the flu shots every year....come on man....

When the CSM from BDE comes down barkimg about numbers and why we arent all 100%, yeah things get fudged for sure.

It's been that way since I came in and I'm sure it didnt start the year I came in.

Doc

Last edited:
Well yes I have acctualy. All you have to do is ask your health care provider for it. Also see below.

include the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-
ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol),
potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium
Tell them that you’re allergic to sucrose…while sipping on a can of Monster and pounding back handfuls of sour patch kids. That’s what I did.

Yummy

Doc

Reactions: M8541Reaper
My nephew is CG in Kodiak. 5 years in, 3 as honor guard. Stellar career and works hard. He told his command that he will not take the vaccine.

He was talked to and threatened with court martial and dishonorable discharge.

He isn’t backing down. He is currently not allowed to work and confined at home, cannot leave his house or be in public.

He is going to try for a voluntary separation but if deemed dishonorable for not taking this, then that is a travesty.

My nephew is CG in Kodiak. 5 years in, 3 as honor guard. Stellar career and works hard. He told his command that he will not take the vaccine.

He was talked to and threatened with court martial and dishonorable discharge.

He isn’t backing down. He is currently not allowed to work and confined at home, cannot leave his house or be in public.

He is going to try for a voluntary separation but if deemed dishonorable for not taking this, then that is a travesty.
hopefully he goes the route, it's against his religion, and he better brush up on being in the Christian science religion

fox news
"There is a religious exemption possibility for any mandatory vaccine, and there's a process that we go through to counsel the individual both from a medical and from a command perspective about using a religious exemption," Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said Tuesday.

Kirby said military service members who wish to seek an exemption will be required to be counseled by a medical professional and a commander over the risks posed by not receiving the vaccine.

In addition, they will discuss how the decision could affect their deployability, travel, or even assignments – though the request processes will differ in each branch.

"We take freedom of religion and worship seriously, in the military, it's one of the things that we sign up to defend," Kirby said. "And so it's something that's done very carefully."

Exemptions for pre-existing medical conditions will be permitted as well, though those will be identified by a medical professional.

Kirby also said that any service member who is hesitant to receive the vaccine will receive counseling on its safety and effectiveness.

"We have every expectation that once the vaccines are made mandatory, the troops are going to….do the right thing," he said. "Going forward with this particular vaccine, the secretary's expectation is that commanders are going to treat the administration of that vaccine with – as he wrote in his memo – professionalism, skill, and compassion."

• Sad
Reactions: JJMoody
Anyone can PM me if you want to learn more about making a VA claim.

To those who don't want to so be it. For those with younger kids who are thinking how to pay for college, getting 100% can help. It's not a sure thing but a medical records review can be cheap.

So, I haven’t been in the military, but I have a question about the religious exemption. If you have not claimed it on all of the other vaccinations that you received, how can you claim it on this particular one? It seems like that wouldn’t fly.

So, I haven’t been in the military, but I have a question about the religious exemption. If you have not claimed it on all of the other vaccinations that you received, how can you claim it on this particular one? It seems like that wouldn’t fly.

I would argue my religion says I have the wisdom to discern what is good for my body and what isn't. Government doesn't get to decide what my religious views are allowed to be.

Hebrews 5
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Of course they don't care about any of that. They have setup a framework on what they want religious exemption to mean so no one can readily be exempt. Your question shows it's worked quite well as you assumed if a person takes one injection their religious belief allows for every injection.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I'm state government. We get vaccinated or tested weekly. I can tell you that government is a waste of taxpayer dollars. Hope this helps.

Reactions: notacos4u