• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody else buy a PWS T3? I will never buy anything from PWS again.

Mikee36

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2013
SLC, UT
So I bought a Primary Weapons Systems Summit T3 a while ago and all I can say is I will never buy anything with the letters PWS in it again. Not even if there's a fire!!! I tested the hell out of it with all sorts of different ammo and even had some buddies try shooting it and I never saw a group under an inch at 50 yards. Most were closer to two inches. At the same time I was printing 0.1xx inch groups with my Kimbers. So I called them up and they were very nice and told me it should do way better and to send it in. Well.... I sent it in over a month ago and still nothing. I don't get responses to my emails for weeks and whey they finally do respond I get responses like "we didn't have time to test it" or "we replaced the barrel and it didn't work so we are just going to do the same thing that won't work". Does anyone else have any experiences with this rifle? Or PWS at all? I am very disappointed and am just going to sell the rifle when it gets back. Even give it away if I have to. I would expect better out of a $800 22 especially from PWS. Let me know what you guys think.

Mikee

I have been looking at purchasing a Summit myself. What stock does yours have? Does it have the tensioned barrel?

Put me in front of the line if you are going to give it away, heck I'll even take care of the shipping.
If you decide to sell it I can probably scratch up some coin and make a decent offer and donate it to a charity of your choice .

I have been looking at these for a bit and they seem to have happy users. It's too bad you did not have the best experience but I still want to try one out. Hope yours gets fixed.

Mine is the complete rifle with the tensioned barrel and T-rex stock. It is a cool rifle and maybe I did just get a lemon. Either way their customer service and their warranty department are terrible. That's enough to make me not buy anything from them. I'll keep this post updated with what happens with my rifle.

I got one of the early T3 actions when they first came out. I put a VQ 17HM2 barrel on it and it is one of the most accurate rimfires that I own. Never had a issue with it. I also have one of their 22 carbon wrapped barrels. It shoots right there with my Kidds and VQ barrels. I did buy a 2nd T3 action with in the last year. I had some problems with it. It would not eject the cases every time. I sent it in and got it back with in a couple weeks. There service was great for me. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Mine is the complete rifle with the tensioned barrel and T-rex stock. It is a cool rifle and maybe I did just get a lemon. Either way their customer service and their warranty department are terrible. That's enough to make me not buy anything from them. I'll keep this post updated with what happens with my rifle.

Any updates yet? Has your rifle been returned?

I actually finally talked to them yesterday. It literally took a yelling match over the phone to get anywhere. After trying to call them hundreds of times with no answers or returned calls I talked to them and they said they would just refund the money. Then a few hours later a lady calls me and says they miraculously figured out the problem and it's fixed. So they are shipping back the rifle with a new stock and barrel along with the old stock and barrel. Oh and the test targets. I haven't received it yet but we will see if it is fixed. It's cool I get the extra parts but definitely not worth the month and a half wait. I know I will stay away from anything PWS from now on.

Sorry it took 6 weeks, but it sounds like they're taking care of the problem in a first-class way. Considering the 16 months I've been dealing with a custom mold maker, 6 weeks is blindingly speedy. (Maker had personnel/production problems that took time to fix. Didn't like it, but my order is being finished now.)

Richard

He said he had to get into a shouting match with them. I'd hardly call that first-class customer service.

Not trying to be a douche, but if you felt the need to have a shouting match with them then I begin to question where the problem may actually rest in the apparent break down in communication. Sorry, but the story sounds very one-sided and makes me skeptical of the manner in which you corresponded with them. If it truly did happen the way you allege, then I would say PWS has a problem. However, with the many happy PWS customers who have had countless good experiences and the way you talk about them, I'm willing to bet you were not the easiest to deal with customer...just saying.

*I have no ties to PWS, do not even own one personally, but do enjoy using some of their products on occasion.

I was very polite and patient to begin with. I was happy to hear that they were willing to fix the problem. I had several professional conversations with them that ended up just being a run around. I had no intentions of yelling but sometimes you do need to get a point across. There were three times in two days that I was told they would call me back with some answers and I didn't receive one phone call. Then after that I couldn't get anyone to answer any phone calls. For several days. And they wouldn't respond to emails. I have had no experience with them before this and cannot find any reviews at all about PWS so where do I find all the "Happy PWS Customers with countless good experiences"? My post was simply to see if anyone else out there has had experience with the new T3. I am in no way trying to bash PWS. I will share my experience though. I got the rifle back. It did shoot a little better than before but still does not shoot any better than 2 MOA. And now the brass does not eject. At all. Lucky for me the dealer is willing to work with me and is taking the rifle back. On a positive note... lets hear some positive experiences with PWS. Anybody?

I have a Mk114 mod 0 and a yugo m70 they built. Both have been outstanding rifles for me. Sorry your t3 sucked. I was honestly looking into buying one they look slick. Probably will hold off after reading this.

I really enjoyed my PWS T3. Had to call them up a few times to get things straightened out with a mistake I made with my credit card. When I called with questions they were very quick to get back to me and very friendly about everything. Heck I was looking at the Hogue stocked version and they didn't have any there in stock. About a few hours later I got a call back, and they told me that they took a stock off of the show room model to get me the rifle ASAP. Heck they even threw in a few extra goodies for me as well. When I recieved the rifle I took it apart to see how it ticked and couldn't get it back together. Called them up and one of the guys talked me though the process and got me back to shooting.

I have had nothing but great success with the rifle, and the company. Not sure what was going on with your particular interaction with them, but I sure it would have nothing to do with the process of business. Things happen and people get busy and mess up. Though honestly it sounds like they hooked you up and you should be fine. Heck sell the extras you received and make some cash on the side.

I like my PWS T3, only a few minor things:

-Very picky with ammo - funnily enough only likes the expensive stuff.
-The sear adjustment screw kept working its way out (and thus locking the trigger) until I put some blue Locktite on it.

Apart from that it shoots well and is fun, especially in my part of the world where we cant even have 10/22's.

Okay, just a comment...
" After trying to call them hundreds of times with no answers or returned calls "
" Then after that I couldn't get anyone to answer any phone calls. For several days"
Okay...so, hundreds of phone calls in a several days...what, a call every couple of minutes.
I wouldn't have wanted to deal with you either.
I deal in an industry that can entail a lot of follow up phone conversation.
When I tell someone I'll get back to them with info the 'sorta' standard means it could be up to 48 hours if we're busy.
I'm amazed at the number of people I deal with who, when I tell them I'll find out what they need to know and return their call are calling me back an hour later all hot and wanting to know "why I haven't called".
If they're at all reasonable I explain it could take a day or two.
If they start a yelling match they go to the back of the list behind all those who are being reasonable.
Not saying that's exactly what happened here...but a few of the OP's statements make it seem a possibility.

Thanks for the replies everyone...
But let me point out the obvious and clarify a few things. "Hundreds of times" is an exaggeration. And that took place over almost two months. Every time I was told they would call me back I waited at least a couple days. Except for the time the lady told me "I promise I will call you back TODAY". In that case I called the next day. And yes there is a reason I don't work in customer service or sales... The yelling match was just an argument. How many broken promises would it take to get you to be stern enough to get a point across? Like I said I am not trying to bash PWS just share my experience. From what I have learned the T3 is not what I think many people would expect of it. They told me it was fixed and passed all of their criteria (just as good as the rest) and sent it back. I got the rifle back with one of their groups at 25 yards which was almost an inch (between 3/4" and 1"). Shouldn't it shoot better than a standard 10/22? And it won't eject the brass.
I really think I was very patient. And very polite up until the end. They originally told me it would be a week. I don't think I expected too much. But thanks for the customer service lessons guys. I'm definitely no expert in that field

Thanks for the replies everyone...
But let me point out the obvious and clarify a few things. "Hundreds of times" is an exaggeration. And that took place over almost two months. Every time I was told they would call me back I waited at least a couple days. Except for the time the lady told me "I promise I will call you back TODAY". In that case I called the next day. And yes there is a reason I don't work in customer service or sales... The yelling match was just an argument. How many broken promises would it take to get you to be stern enough to get a point across? Like I said I am not trying to bash PWS just share my experience. From what I have learned the T3 is not what I think many people would expect of it. They told me it was fixed and passed all of their criteria (just as good as the rest) and sent it back. I got the rifle back with one of their groups at 25 yards which was almost an inch (between 3/4" and 1"). Shouldn't it shoot better than a standard 10/22? And it won't eject the brass.
I really think I was very patient. And very polite up until the end. They originally told me it would be a week. I don't think I expected too much. But thanks for the customer service lessons guys. I'm definitely no expert in that field[/QUOTE

Okay clearing the time frame up makes a huge difference.
I read your posts as having made many calls over a short time frame. After two months I'd be pissed as well.
BTW...I figured the 'hundreds of calls' an exaggeration, but if you want a complaint to be taken seriously it's best to be as accurate as possible.

I have a T3 Summit and I've been happy with it. I replaced the Hogue stock with a Tacticool and find that it shoots better. I got it as a suppressed Rimfire platform. I liked the 10/22's but wanted bolt action quiet.

I got the rifle back with one of their groups at 25 yards which was almost an inch (between 3/4" and 1"). Shouldn't it shoot better than a standard 10/22? And it won't eject the brass.

You're correct in believing it should shoot a lot better than that.

Have you had a chance to shoot it yourself with different ammo?

I've found the barrel to be ammo picky. With ammo it likes its a laser but with stuff it doesn't like its acceptable for nothing more than plinking

I've had no issues with extraction, however mine did develop an issue with light strikes. Spoke to PWS and they told me its most likely due to then action settling in and now needing headspace reset. I removed a couple of barrel shims per their instruction and need to test it at some point. I've got a leg injury that has me sidelined for awhile but will report back when I get it to the range

Last edited: