• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Anybody using the Nightforce IHR on a NXS compact 32mm or 42mm

sanman28

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
Does anybody have the IHR reticle on their NXS compact 32mm or 42mm? Like it, or wish would have gotten the MOAR or mil dot? Use would be on a couple 16" AR's in 308 and 223 and a couple 16" bolt guns in 308 and 223. General short to medium range hunting in tight brush and light target shooting...nothing in excess of 200 yrds i could imagine. I like the simplicity and dont think ill ever need to calculate hold overs at the ranges I shoot at. I guess the question would be does the MOAR offer valuable tools that make no sense not to go ahead and have and really doest take anything notable away from the simplicity of the IHR?

Thx

S

Last edited:
The 2.5-10x42mm is really nice scope. For what you are talking about doing the 2.5-10x32mm would work just fine and save you money. Having a RET that will let you do holdover shots nice to have also.

For you it sounds like you need to determine if you what to go MRAD or MOA system. Velocity reticle does not sound like it will work for you do to you putting it on different calibers. The IHR is a good hunting RET but the MORA or the MIL-Dot just give you more freedom.

Here is link to Nightforce Compact Scopes. cstactical

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Well i was hoping to do away with the clutter....at least based on the distances I shoot. The vortex scopes i currently run are MRAD, and the Trijicon Accupoints are standard cross hairs. I have some new toys that need optics and ive always wanted to try NF. Just didnt really know if id use the MOAR or Dots on these guns.

Last edited:
For the parameters you've listed, the IHR would be a very nice option. If you do need to make adjustments, the optic still has solid adjustments.

I have the reticle and love it for what it is designed to do, which ironically your use and intended purpose matches this. I would not change it nor do I regret the decision to get it. Nightforce will change out reticles if you were really unhappy but my belief is you have the right scope for the job described. I happen to have the same scope with a mil dot for a different rifle/purpose. It has never made me question the other reticle choice.

Thank you gentleman. It does sound like the MOAR offers benefits that nice to have, even if I dont use them much....and doesnt really detract from much.

Last edited:
Is the 3-15x50 a much larger package to tote around than the compacts?

I have the ihr in a 1-4 nf and love it for a hunting and fast acquisition reticle. Like someone else stated you can get the exposed turrets for quick dialing for longer range shots.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk