• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone convert a Frankford trimmer/case prep center to accept a Giraud Tri-way or Little Crow Gunworks trimmer?

giannid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Not a fan of the trimmer this unit comes with as it never seems like it's precise enough. Starting fiddling with it and was hoping to mount a drill chuck to it so I can run a Giraud or Gunworks trimmer on it. Seems like it would be the perfect setup where I could trim, inside and outside chamfer all in the same step. Not sure of the thread size on the cutting head but figure there has to be a way to adapt it to mount a regular drill chuck on it. Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpg
    IMG_3225.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 50
Just me, but I think it would be easier and maybe cheaper in the long run to just buy the little crow and run it on your drill. From what I remember they werent too expensive but I bought mine a few years ago before switching over to the giraud.

Good luck

Reactions: FuhQ
Just me, but I think it would be easier and maybe cheaper in the long run to just buy the little crow and run it on your drill. From what I remember they werent too expensive but I bought mine a few years ago before switching over to the giraud.

Good luck
Actually alreay have one. Just want to find a way to run it off this unit.

From what I have tested and used mine, the inconsistencies in trimming length are mostly due to poor case resizing. I fixed that by changing to another lube.

After that my trimmed cases see an SD of 1 thousandths or less and usually the remaining microburrs on the case neck from neck chamfer are enough to cause that. They vanish after firing and usually the brass is good for bullet seating the next few firings. This is semiauto brass.

I imagine someone could make an thread adapter or could it be possible to rethread the tools to fit the prep center?

Attached pic of non resized range brass that I used as test, usually I trim after resizing becase the brass is all bent up before that.

Left metric, right imperial.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503_111631_Excel.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503_111631_Excel.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Does it run atleast 1000 rpms? The Giraud triway needs minimum of 1000 rpm to work correctly.