• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else lose all their posts ?

Dude, Sick, Dude,,,If you have the right Pants Drag your SKS should put them all in one hole at 2758 meters if it is a good Chinese with pinned bbl.
If it is one of those cheap screw in barrels from ruusia you will have to use NAPA Gold filters to get it right.

Damn I have been on this site since 2007 and I lost all 50 of my post and I was so wanting to sell some shit in 2020. Oh well here is to starting over 1 down.

Mike

You can still sell, you're obviously a tenured member and it's just a number. What's the problem?

Is this why I saw someone with a low post count in the new members introduction area saying welcome to every single person. Also 50calibercruiser I think that is the funniest thing I've read all day.

I lost everything. I was going to sell a rifle here. I could care less about the rank bs. This sucks. Effen fix it! I didn't have all my posts the 2 a thread. So guess I get to post 100 bs posts so I can sell my rifle this weekend. Ghey

I dont think I lost any. Which is odd. I have no idea why or how I didnt lose any or if it just has not affected me yet.

It had something to do with loosing the 2nd forum, so if you never posted in the 2nd forum you probably weren't effected.

Shit Binder, you have more follows than posts. With all the radical 2nd A posts, I hope it's not Homeland Security and FBI follows. I guess that wouldn't be so bad, just make sure Gibbs and NCIS isn't digging!!

I didn't post in the 2A forum all that much, but I still lost ~ 80 posts. I think that there is more to it than the loss of the 2A section.

It has nothing to do with an upgrade or the 2A forum being removed. Many of us posted very little in the 2A forum, if at all. I had 3,100 posts and have been reduced to less than 2,000. What sucks is that a TON of valuable information was lost with the click of a button, from thousands of contributing members across the board.

There's a "culling" function in the administration panel that allows for the removal of all posts up to a specified date. It could've been done on purpose or, it could've been done by accident by someone who didn't really know what they were doing. In any case, once the posts are "culled" (read deleted) the only way to get them back is a full database restoration and I can tell you for certain, that will never happen.

Some of this could've possibly been avoided had the move from phpbb to vBulletin occurred back in 2001.

It has nothing to do with an upgrade or the 2A forum being removed. Many of us posted very little in the 2A forum, if at all. I had 3,100 posts and have been reduced to less than 2,000. What sucks is that a TON of valuable information was lost with the click of a button, from thousands of contributing members across the board.

There's a "culling" function in the administration panel that allows for the removal of all posts up to a specified date. It could've been done on purpose or, it could've been done by accident by someone who didn't really know what they were doing. In any case, once the posts are "culled" (read deleted) the only way to get them back is a full database restoration and I can tell you for certain, that will never happen.

Some of this could've possibly been avoided had the move from phpbb to vBulletin occurred back in 2001.

Did you actually check to see if your posts were actually deleted? Mine were not. I suggest you check on that before you make those statements, as they are not totally accurate.

Did you actually check to see if your posts were actually deleted? Mine were not. I suggest you check on that before you make those statements, as they are not totally accurate.

I based my statements on the post count decrease under my own an other forum users names so based on that alone, my statements are accurate.

No, I didn't go back and see if my posts had been actually deleted. I haven't the time nor the patience or concern to count each post to see if all of mine are still there.

Uncle,
My posts were deleted, or I can't find them. Looks as though I showed up here on 2-24-2013.
My losing all my posts to me equates to burning all of Hemingway's work, some of my best work, down the tubes, ka-put, gone with the stroke of a keyboard or mouse, it's a crying shame. Future generations will be deprived!

I based my statements on the post count decrease under my own an other forum users names so based on that alone, my statements are accurate.

No, I didn't go back and see if my posts had been actually deleted. I haven't the time nor the patience or concern to count each post to see if all of mine are still there.

You don't need much time to check a few things, and you will see that your statements are not actually accurate. You don't need to count every post to see that not all of them were deleted, not even in a certain time period. I know it is more obvious to some of us who lost our entire count, but I assure you that if you check random things, you will see that your statements above were not entirely correct.

Uncle,
My posts were deleted, or I can't find them. Looks as though I showed up here on 2-24-2013.
My losing all my posts to me equates to burning all of Hemingway's work, some of my best work, down the tubes, ka-put, gone with the stroke of a keyboard or mouse, it's a crying shame. Future generations will be deprived!

Milo, my sincerest condolences on the death of so much of your un-duplicatable works cut short by such an untimely software upgrade!!!! :D
But, good news, I found one of your posts from 3-24-2011. You didn't lose quite all of them back there.

Not trying to be an ass, but, the loss of post count seems to be inconsistent, and the possible lost of actual posts is not necessarily as bad as it seems.
Again, I can't speak to every personal loss, but I can say that your post above is not entirely accurate for every case, hence my challenge. It is one thing to state your personal loss, but to put it in terms of the site as a whole, it might be better if we confine our statements to our personal experience, or that of people we know, and label them as such, rather than making blanket statements which mayor may not hold true site-wide.

Hopefully no hard feelings, as certainly none are intended. It's just that this post count issue is a sore subject to so many on this site, that I think it better that we not make blanket statements as to it's cause or effect without really being sure that those statements are 100% accurate.

Last edited:
I came aboard in May 2010 and my oldest post? It's dated November 2012 so it's rather inconsistent across the board, for each member, seeing as how you were able to locate a post of Milo 2.0 from 2011.

You guys are still at this...

Server space costs money, the more data the harder it is for the software to operate. It was never meant to be an endless account of something you said.

We have ALWAYS PRUNED POSTS from the beginning. I used to do it every year and really with the amount of traffic on this site, I should do it at least twice a year. You can't just let it fill up and run over, you have to prune the posts in order for the software to work at any kind of speed.

We are on multiple servers as it is, I believe close to 5 now between DB and Web... We almost always max out on bandwidth, so keeping posts from 3 years ago... not likely to happen.

if what you are saying is so vitally important you should back it up or copy it to your own website. We try to keep some posts that are older and important but this is the reason I try to tell people to answer new members because we do remove posts.

The ONLY THING we removed last week was the 2nd Amendment section, that was it... nothing else was removed. The Site does some weird indexing after which affects the post count. If you want an answer, I suggest you Google VBulletin, search the internet for an answer, if you find it and how to prevent your pain from happening again, post it here and we will see about implementing it, but until then... we prune.

Lost all of my post counts but I figure it was payback for all the bad things I did coming back to haunt me, karma revenge:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeap I've been busted down to a lowly private... On private's pay I went to the store and bought a good supply of beans and weenie's. Live in a tent behind the house now.

Uncle,

Miles... You are the Archimedes of snipers hide. Many young grasshoppers will have lost a great deal of your infinite knowledge. I would compare this to the Library at Alexandria burning. You must get your posts back :) .... Your grateful student... AS

Well, lets see...............

Yup, 1 post. Nice, Im crushed, off to arf15 to bitch, then to m4. I based my world on post counts on the net................................not. Crushed I tell ya. :)

Last edited: